Paul Stapleton, should he remain? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Paul Stapleton, should he remain?

Should Paul Stapleton remain on the board?

• Yes. Local man and all that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. We've had enough.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Green Lanes

ruined the club.

Apparently he managed to do that single-handedly.

This whole thread is pathetic.

It's become nothing more than a glorified witch hunt.

PAFC had a BOARD of directors, no one person made all the decisions.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Emerald Green":uucope3d said:
ruined the club.

Apparently he managed to do that single-handedly.

This whole thread is pathetic.

It's become nothing more than a glorified witch hunt.

PAFC had a BOARD of directors, no one person made all the decisions.

:iagree:

Mar 7, 2009
The thing that hacks me off about it all, is Stapleton AND the rest of them knew this was coming for months. I was told they knew this was coming for 18 months. Yet what have they tried to do about it?

Diddly squat. And for that reason, Stapes (and the rest) have to go.

Feb 26, 2008
A village
I don't think anyone would dispute that Mr Stapleton wanted the best for the club. I also think he had earnt the right to make the odd mistake without being villified for it. BUT, we're talking here about a sustained period of poor judgement, not the odd gaffe, or a transfer not working out. So, like us, he may have been taken in by the promises of the NWO, but unlike us, he must have been aware at some point that there was something seriously amiss, and yet, he chose to go with the flow.

I would suggest that the normal fans felt reassured by the sheer fact of Mr Stapletons' presence on the board, reasonably assuming that he would not allow the very existance of the club to be put at risk. To try to then claim that he was unaware of how desperate the situation was, is, in my opinion, risible.

Of course, he is not solely to blame - far from it - but the local directors had a duty of care of the club. Something that they absolved themselves of until it was almost too late, and unfortunately, Mr Stapleton being the public face of the three, rightly or wrongly, is taking all the flak.

Jan 28, 2010
Since Ridsdale's involvement at the club it has become patently obvious that Stapleton is out of his depth and his decision-making has been woeful. Transparency is what is needed to take Argyle forward and he has stuck his head in the sand and his silence to both fans and media during the entire reign of SRG/Toad was unacceptable. He only has a voice when things are going well. No respect left for him, he has to go!

Apr 28, 2010
He started the chaos in my eyes by employing Sturrock and agreeing to deals like Mpenza, 10k a week and other lumps like Walton, MacLean. That's when we started to lose money left, right and centre and have never recovered.

he's as much to blame at all the others, OUT!

Dec 13, 2004
I the words of his looky likey “I'm the leader of the pack, which makes me such a lucky jack, and here he is, he's so appealing, come on Ridsdale, do your dealing!” If Paul Stapleton thinks he can be involved with any new set up at Argyle and carry any credence then he is deluded.

Peter Ridsdale has his reputation for a very good reason and he has taken in smarter men than Paul Stapleton. :roll:

A

Ade

JerseyPilgrim":nig6zalg said:
He started the chaos in my eyes by employing Sturrock and agreeing to deals like Mpenza, 10k a week and other lumps like Walton, MacLean. That's when we started to lose money left, right and centre and have never recovered.

he's as much to blame at all the others, OUT!

So he is to blame for backing the manager then? Is that not showing the ambition we all wanted at the time?

G

Green Lanes

agreeing to deals like Mpenza, 10k a week and other lumps like Walton, MacLean.

Errrr, actually no.

Contracts for players were never dealt with by Stapleton. Wasn't it Michael Dunford that looked after all that? Mind you, it could have been Phil Gill that was responsible for hammering out the contracts.

Manager identifies player, BOARD give the ok for the deal to be done.

B

blenks

I think the crticism is that these bloated player contracts that yielded so little were awarded at a time when there was no bona-fide sustainable risk-investment made into the club. Mr Gill said as much in his open letter when he resigned.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
A simple NO

The minute that Stapleton and co took their eye off of the ball,and started concentrating on property rather than football was the day that the downward spiral began. The bringing back of Sturrock was also a huge mistake,following numerous seasons of progress the board and Stapleton in particular should have looked forwards,not backwards. Then failing to look for investment at a time when it was needed and then not doing due diligence on Kagami,Synan,Gardner and Todd was the final nail in the coffin !.

Thanks for all you achieved in the beginning Paul but it's time to let go of the past and give the club a fresh start.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Argyle-sy":320t43u2 said:
A simple NO

The minute that Stapleton and co took their eye off of the ball,and started concentrating on property rather than football was the day that the downward spiral began. The bringing back of Sturrock was also a huge mistake,following numerous seasons of progress the board and Stapleton in particular should have looked forwards,not backwards. Then failing to look for investment at a time when it was needed and then not doing due diligence on Kagami,Synan,Gardner and Todd was the final nail in the coffin !.

Thanks for all you achieved in the beginning Paul but it's time to let go of the past and give the club a fresh start.

Blimmin hell, he's back!!

Nice to see you mate!