Persistent Standing Policy | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":fmzvaa4y said:
Pogleswoody":fmzvaa4y said:
Well I am not sure that posting big lumps of paragraphs is an answer to my question or proof that they have thought it through.

You quote: ' ... cancel and withdraw in its entirety the Season Card. ...'

So, does that include suspending the ST for one or more games? Doesn't seem to, if you want to play 'legislation literal rule' games. Cancel and withdraw in its entirety is not a suspension is it?

My point was more that turnstile operators will wreak the wrath of the excluded whilst the 'excludeors' are in the bar having an aperitif. Cheers!! :stout:

Turnstile operators are a dying breed and have gone already from most clubs. If my Palace season ticket fails to let me in, there is nobody there to argue with. I'm surprised Argyle haven't gone this route already. It would be worth a good Ā£500 to a grand saving per game.
A lot of clubs have electronic turnstiles now, yes. But most clubs still do have turnstile operators who are there to sort out a problem if there is one. I go to a lot of grounds and I can't recall entering a ground where there hasn't been someone stood behind the machine.

Apr 4, 2004
I really don't see how anyone is still no getting this through to their brain cell. The club has stated that it could be fined if it continues. Yet so called fans are happy with that. Happy that the club they are supposed to be fans of could loose money so they can stand and sing 'stand up if you love the greens' complete morons. Thats the kind of fans no club needs. :furious:

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The fact that someone is citing American football as an example of a great atmosphere shows how far through the looking glass we are here folks.
A bunch of Murdoch spoon feds who have forgotten that sport is about passion not just an endless procession of cheerleaders and adverts for fast food and fizzy drink.
If its sterilisation you're after why dont we just have a jumbo-cam sponsored by gatorade showing slo-mos while we wave our green foam hands around.
Unbelievable!

Safe standing rail seats now!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ed-2019-20

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
ming the merciless":2zqrnl5s said:
I really don't see how anyone is still no getting this through to their brain cell. The club has stated that it could be fined if it continues. Yet so called fans are happy with that. Happy that the club they are supposed to be fans of could loose money so they can stand and sing 'stand up if you love the greens' complete morons. Thats the kind of fans no club needs. :furious:

This above really, persistant standing is against the rules, the club could be fined and matches played behind closed doors, Would the persistant standees be happy then knowing they are responsible?. Just stop being so pig headed and sit, you can still sing/chant/abuse refs etc sitting down and enjoy the game without blocking other fans view.

Mar 21, 2013
up_the_line":6vd5gxxr said:
BradCobbs":6vd5gxxr said:
gaspargomez":6vd5gxxr said:
Standing in seats is a very selfish activity. It spoils the game for those who want to sit down and those who simply canā€™t stand including small children and the elderly. The club have been far too soft in the past and itā€™s high time they did something about it.
Get a seat where persistent standing isn't common then... hardly difficult to grasp is it.

Exactly my point.
There are at least 10,000 seats where people don't stand and stay seated for the majority of the game
It is utterly selfish to get yourself a ticket for one of the small isolated areas where standing happens then start insisting that everyone in that area sits down.
Particularly when those people are probably people who in their day enjoyed standing in what was once a 90% terraced stadium but now seek to tell younger people that they can't have the same. But then that's the world over these days
Or maybe those people didnā€™t have much choice but to stand as some stadiums were all standing, the seated areas sold out, or it was cheaper to stand. I really donā€™t think for a lot of people there was a great deal of choice whether to stand it was just something that you did at football, like it or lump it.

Jul 12, 2016
I can understand some fan's frustration but rules are rules. If you get a speeding ticket you know there are a lot of other drivers breaking the speed limit that don't get penalised but you have to accept it.The fact you prefer to drive faster than the limit is not a reason to do it.

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Don't_Panic":2pq6uc6u said:
up_the_line":2pq6uc6u said:
BradCobbs":2pq6uc6u said:
gaspargomez":2pq6uc6u said:
Standing in seats is a very selfish activity. It spoils the game for those who want to sit down and those who simply canā€™t stand including small children and the elderly. The club have been far too soft in the past and itā€™s high time they did something about it.
Get a seat where persistent standing isn't common then... hardly difficult to grasp is it.

Exactly my point.
There are at least 10,000 seats where people don't stand and stay seated for the majority of the game
It is utterly selfish to get yourself a ticket for one of the small isolated areas where standing happens then start insisting that everyone in that area sits down.
Particularly when those people are probably people who in their day enjoyed standing in what was once a 90% terraced stadium but now seek to tell younger people that they can't have the same. But then that's the world over these days
Or maybe those people didnā€™t have much choice but to stand as some stadiums were all standing, the seated areas sold out, or it was cheaper to stand. I really donā€™t think for a lot of people there was a great deal of choice whether to stand it was just something that you did at football, like it or lump it.

Yeah well now they have oodles of choice.
An entire frigging stadium in fact. Yet apparently they still manage to get themselves tickets in the 10% of the statium where people stand and always have done and want them all to change on their behalf.
I no longer stand at home park but ive never had an issue with not being able to see the pitch because I'm not demented enough to buy myself a ticket in block 3, 4 or the minute area of block 15 where people stand. I tend to find the other 10,000 seats with unobstructed views more than sufficient for my needs.

Apr 1, 2017
Darren Stoneman":3u2pyoos said:
There is a very simple answer, just sit down, singing sounds no different and you can still shout, cheer and moan but people around you will be able to see,

We forget the reasons these rules were put into place and until safe standing is approved then follow the rules if not run the risk of a ban, maybe an unpopular view but it is the legally correct view:)

But block 14 are clearly being made a scapegoat, why? are ticket sales being banned for all of block 3 and the away fans block ?

Heathrow Green

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
ming the merciless":2zllo9s8 said:
This.

Also from above a small section is being closed. Emails sent to the affected.

The club is under scrutiny. Supporters need to understand that. And yes it could mean the withholding of the safety certification for the grandstand.

I understand that people like to stand and are complaining that they see other clubs ā€œgetting away with itā€. However none of the clubs mentioned have a stand waiting for safety certification.

We are in a unique situation. It should be treated as such.

Jul 3, 2013
Lots of posters on here actually agreeing with the clubs stance on this yet none of you have given a valid reason why Block 14 are getting picked on but not those in Block 3.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cult Of Personality":kizsnjmm said:
Disgusted by the club. Turning there back on Hardcore fans. Where was Hallett and co when we was in trouble, Those fans where there through thick and thin..

Today is the day the club has died as a club for the fans in my eyes

tenor.gif

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Heathrow Green":2m536twj said:
ming the merciless":2m536twj said:
This.

The club is under scrutiny. Supporters need to understand that. And yes it could mean the withholding of the safety certification for the grandstand.

I understand that people like to stand and are complaining that they see other clubs ā€œgetting away with itā€. However none of the clubs mentioned have a stand waiting for safety certification.

Spot on!

up the line

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Green_guile":ebwekchy said:
Heathrow Green":ebwekchy said:
ming the merciless":ebwekchy said:
This.

Spot on!

Ok. So close the Devonport End? Blocks 3 & 4 wont be sitting down on Saturday we can say with certainty now so it would appear to be the only option
Also eject anyone standing during 'moments of excitement' and celebrating goals. If standing isn't safe during open play (which by the way is bolloxx) then its definitely not safe to be rising rapidly to ones feet in ecstasy

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I for one, do not fancy driving to Torquay or Exeter to watch a shifted home game, should the League's ultimate sanction be ground closure for a month, with a subsequent loss of revenue

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Born green":15joqys0 said:
Darren Stoneman":15joqys0 said:
There is a very simple answer, just sit down, singing sounds no different and you can still shout, cheer and moan but people around you will be able to see,

We forget the reasons these rules were put into place and until safe standing is approved then follow the rules if not run the risk of a ban, maybe an unpopular view but it is the legally correct view:)

But block 14 are clearly being made a scapegoat, why? are ticket sales being banned for all of block 3 and the away fans block ?
These persistent standing policies weren't being bothered about 2 seasons ago. when the old grandstand was open. I wonder what's suddenly changed eh?
As for atmosphere. Nah can't be bothered trying anymore is this is the way the club treat it's loyal supporters. Welcome to the Home Park library.