Persistent Standing Policy | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Feb 8, 2005
liverpoolgreen":c4uqq2z0 said:
Just to stoke up the fire a bit.... :whistle:
I was at Anfield tonight...(good game)
All people in the kop and all the 5000 Arsenal fans in the Anfield Rd end were stood up throughout the match. I saw no stewards asking them to sit down...

They weren't preparing to ask for a safety certificate for their ground in the near future!!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2011
Liverpool did get a new safety certificate recently (i guess) for the new main stand that opened last year....and as i recall, the Kop and away fans have always been standing.

I do prefer siting myself, but im agreeing that the application of the policy seems inconsistent across the country.

Mar 29, 2011
jimsing":1q32ull2 said:
liverpoolgreen":1q32ull2 said:
All people in the kop and all the 5000 Arsenal fans in the Anfield Rd end were stood up throughout the match. I saw no stewards asking them to sit down...

They weren't preparing to ask for a safety certificate for their ground in the near future!!!!!!!

It never has been and never we be about a Safety Certificate. Quote it as many times as you like, it still won't be true.

As someone already stated, Anfield's state of the art new Grandstand on the side of the pitch had no issues or threats in spite of whole stands not being sat down. Weird really.

Aug 4, 2011
Jasa":x599dx3o said:
jimsing":x599dx3o said:
liverpoolgreen":x599dx3o said:

It never has been and never we be about a Safety Certificate. Quote it as many times as you like, it still won't be true.

As someone already stated, Anfield's state of the art new Grandstand on the side of the pitch had no issues or threats in spite of whole stands not being sat down. Weird really.
I agree, people have been fed that as a justifiable reason and taken it as fact.

The phrase "being urinated on and told it's raining" springs to mind

Oct 16, 2016
Standing, in itself has never been the entire issue. If you allocate a seat and issue tickets for the seat (numbers thereof) you control the numbers in the specific area/s, there are a number of permutations to this obviously. Anfield isnā€™t a particularly good example because the seats are shocking in the Annie Rd, Kemlyn (Centenary) and Kop, shocking leg room and terrible seats.

The best example of safe standing is The Jungle at Celtic Park, thatā€™s an absolutely superb, purpose made standing area and the atmosphere is astonishing and very safe

Aug 5, 2015
The fact is theyā€™ve had us penned in or sat down for over 30 years now and nothing much has changed or is likely to. A lot of people have got used to a nice comfy seat, some donā€™t know anything different. Unless you get the vast majority to stand, then simply standing in a L2 ground is going to achieve the square root of eff all. I know writing letters and organising marches or stand-ins are boring but as far as the authorities are concerned if the majority donā€™t care why should they do anything? And thatā€™s what theyā€™ll hide behind. A few hundred people standing at L2 fixtures isnā€™t going to influence anybody and if those who want to stand and do so, irrespective of the effect on others, then you might find the others will argue vociferously against any standing. And I donā€™t think Liverpool are governed by EFL regulations.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Shankster":1j81ybeg said:
I always stand in the Kop

When you think about it thereā€™s an irony to that comment.

The Hillsborough disaster made the government look at football stadia as a whole and they (the suits) decided that all seater was the answer.

Now we have a situation where most of the Kop at Anfield stand, or at least thatā€™s what it looks like, yet a ground forty odd miles away from the biggest terrace in England has to sit down to watch a game.

Buggered if I know the answer but it does seem very strange.

Oct 16, 2016
IJN":2dtw5cnf said:
Shankster":2dtw5cnf said:

The Hillsborough disaster made the government look at football stadia as a whole and they (the suits) decided that all seater was the answer.

Now we have a situation where most of the Kop at Anfield stand, or at least thatā€™s what it looks like, yet a ground forty odd miles away from the biggest terrace in England has to sit down to watch a game.

Standing wasnā€™t what caused the unlawful killing of football fans in 1989

Thereā€™s a huge difference between controlled stewardship, penned (caged) areas and standing up.
All seater stadia was a ā€˜partā€™ of the requirements of the Taylor report, not the main requirement.

I never stand where I choose to the detriment of anybody, I stand behind my seat and I only do that if I am not doing so so as to impinge upon anybody elseā€™s pleasure, safety or comfort. Because Iā€™m a reasonable adult (generally)

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":3betfohc said:
IJN":3betfohc said:
Shankster":3betfohc said:

Standing wasnā€™t what caused the unlawful killing of football fans in 1989

Thereā€™s a huge difference between controlled stewardship, penned (caged) areas and standing up.
All seater stadia was a ā€˜partā€™ of the requirements of the Taylor report, not the main requirement.

I never stand where I choose to the detriment of anybody, I stand behind my seat and I only do that if I am not doing so so as to impinge upon anybody elseā€™s pleasure, safety or comfort. Because Iā€™m a reasonable adult (generally)

Last sentence :funny:

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Iā€™m watching Everton v Spurs on TV and there was just a stadium announcement reminding fans that persistent standing is not allowed...

Aug 4, 2011
The Doctor":7e0zma5f said:
Iā€™m watching Everton v Spurs on TV and there was just a stadium announcement reminding fans that persistent standing is not allowed...
Everton have trotted a pre-recorded stadium announcement about standing for years. Usually gets met with either a chorus of boos or fans chanting over the top of it. Used to be aimed more specifically at the away end. I was there probably 6 or 7 years ago (Everton v Chelsea) and remember it being piped out then.