Persistent Standing Policy | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Jul 12, 2016
Herts_Green":d346nl8u said:
djg145":d346nl8u said:
So are you going to ignore the other 'ground regulations' you don't like?

Such as smoking and drinking in the stands?

No because they are vaguely sensible. Not being able to stand at a football match is just ridiculous

You think it is ridiculous because you don't like being told what to do. I suspect smokers and drinkers would argue the rules affecting them are ridiculous.

Feb 28, 2016
oldage":3sgmdut3 said:
Herts_Green":3sgmdut3 said:
djg145":3sgmdut3 said:
So are you going to ignore the other 'ground regulations' you don't like?

Such as smoking and drinking in the stands?

No because they are vaguely sensible. Not being able to stand at a football match is just ridiculous

You think it is ridiculous because you don't like being told what to do. I suspect smokers and drinkers would argue the rules affecting them are ridiculous.

Indeed they are. Smoking in a stand isn’t against the law either that’s more EFL rules. (Unless the stand is more than 50% enclosed.) Football authorities brought in their smoking ban for the 07/08 season ( the first season to start since England and Wales brought in the smoking ban on the 1st July 2007. This is something else Argyle police a lot stronger than most other clubs, particularly in L2, who often either let you out at half time in ground designs such as ours(and readmit you) or let you smoke behind the stand if it’s completely open(such as the Mayflower/Grandstand)

The law on drinking is ridiculous too, (and I’m prepared to stand corrected, that is a law and not a football league rule,) it actually encourages people to neck as much as possible in a short period of time. They are people all around the ground under the influence many of whom became so in the ground. Why do successive governments since Thatchers believe that if they drink in sight of the pitch then that is the factor that will make them violent? Smoking and drinking in stands happens throughout the game weekly in Non League, I’ve always partook in both myself when watching non league, never heard anyone complain or seen any trouble arise because of either.

Mar 23, 2019
oldage":2zd22ymu said:
Rules are rules .If you don't like them stay home.

If i need to go to the toilet during the game am i allowed to stand up and go? Or do i need to cover my eyes whilst walking to the toilet?

May 16, 2016
Action Jackson":2rgd8rlu said:
oldage":2rgd8rlu said:

If i need to go to the toilet during the game am i allowed to stand up and go? Or do i need to cover my eyes whilst walking to the toilet?

Depends if it's wee wees or poo poos. As long as you wash your hands afterwards you'll be fine I reckon.

Mar 23, 2019
football-bet-data":xa60qu40 said:
oldage":xa60qu40 said:
And evidentially more and more people are

Away games only for me and several people i know.

People like OA don't exactly make HP a very welcoming or enjoyable place to visit.

Jul 12, 2016
Action Jackson":24wi3ug6 said:
football-bet-data":24wi3ug6 said:
oldage":24wi3ug6 said:

People like OA don't exactly make HP a very welcoming or enjoyable place to visit.

I am old enough to realise that it is pointless trying to ignore rules. I personally have nothing against people drinking or smoking etc but if this means more to them than watching football stay away from HP because its not allowed.For what its worth I find it ridiculous that you cannot take a bottle of soft drink into the ground but can take an umbrella with a two inch ferrule!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Action Jackson":32wcw7vk said:
Herts_Green":32wcw7vk said:
Kentishgreen":32wcw7vk said:
So speeding in a 30 or 40mph speed limit area is ok?

That is an obvious safety issue. Standing at football matches is not unsafe. If it was up to people like you places like Dartmoor would still be privately owned with no public access. Stupid laws or in this case ground regulations have to be challenged.

Yep, spot on.

Just because something is a rule, doesn't make it correct. Quite literally stand up for what you believe in.

Hear, hear, as long as after standing up for what you believe in, you are man enough to accept the consequences of your actions, without bleating about the unfairness of the authorities enforcing the rules as they stand. If you want change then lobby your MP, the local council and any other body responsible for ground safety, organise petitions, instead of getting in peoples faces, get them onside with rational, cogent argument. This does not mean chanting "stand up if you love the Greens", an exhortation that is patently ignored.

As a postscript I agree with standing when it doesn`t impinge on the enjoyment of others, i.e. behind the goals with like minded individuals.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oldage":1oenifab said:
Action Jackson":1oenifab said:
football-bet-data":1oenifab said:
oldage":1oenifab said:

I am old enough to realise that it is pointless trying to ignore rules. I personally have nothing against people drinking or smoking etc but if this means more to them than watching football stay away from HP because its not allowed.For what its worth I find it ridiculous that you cannot take a bottle of soft drink into the ground but can take an umbrella with a two inch ferrule!

Wel that`s the death knell for the humble brolly. :twisted:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":22k23k7e said:
oldage":22k23k7e said:
Action Jackson":22k23k7e said:
football-bet-data":22k23k7e said:
oldage":22k23k7e said:

Well, recently I've been taking a 'man bag' into HP with back-up medical supplies etc (in case it all gets too exciting!), the bag dutifully gets searched, meanwhile I'm wearing a Berghaus coat with a poachers pocket where I could easily stash a sawn-off shotgun, a couple of hand grenades and a small armoured vehicle! So, what is achieved by that? :think:

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":1j4h23yv said:
justanotherfan":1j4h23yv said:
oldage":1j4h23yv said:
Action Jackson":1j4h23yv said:
football-bet-data":1j4h23yv said:
oldage":1j4h23yv said:

Well, recently I've been taking a 'man bag' into HP with back-up medical supplies etc (in case it all gets too exciting!), the bag dutifully gets searched, meanwhile I'm wearing a Berghaus coat with a poachers pocket where I could easily stash a sawn-off shotgun, a couple of hand grenades and a small armoured vehicle! So, what is achieved by that? :think:
For once we agree!

Jul 15, 2011
Just to stoke up the fire a bit.... :whistle:
I was at Anfield tonight...(good game)
All people in the kop and all the 5000 Arsenal fans in the Anfield Rd end were stood up throughout the match. I saw no stewards asking them to sit down...