Persistent Standing Policy | Page 43 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Feb 8, 2005
Daz":2htlbk2i said:
oldage":2htlbk2i said:
Doesn't matter what other clubs do, Argyle have ruled that their fans should sit down.Not sure what part of that rule some fans don't understand.

It does matter actually. Why should Argyle fans be targeted when all over the country fans stand all game?

I’m not saying it’s all Argyles fault, but there is absolutely no reason why our senior management team should be more forceful in the regs than any other club. Hiding behind “it’s the rules” is weak from the club when 91 other clubs have fans that stand.

And how many of these clubs have to go cap in hand to the authorities for a safety certificate for the whole ground when they have a refurbished grandstand, and have to prove that they are abiding by the regulations in order to do so?

Jul 12, 2016
Action Jackson":2h5k3gwq said:
oldage":2h5k3gwq said:
Doesn't matter what other clubs do, Argyle have ruled that their fans should sit down.Not sure what part of that rule some fans don't understand.

Bet you're fun at parties :facepalm:
Bet you are a pain in the butt and disregard any rules that you don't agree with.Grow up! :banghead:

Aug 5, 2015
I’m still struggling to find the connection between Partizan Belgrade and Plymouth Argyle? Apart from SKY I don’t see one

Mar 23, 2019
oldage":s0su2af9 said:
Action Jackson":s0su2af9 said:
oldage":s0su2af9 said:

Bet you're fun at parties :facepalm:
Bet you are a pain in the butt and disregard any rules that you don't agree with.Grow up! :banghead:

Rules are there to be broken old boy

Jul 14, 2008
Kentishgreen":339hhktn said:
So speeding in a 30 or 40mph speed limit area is ok?

That is an obvious safety issue. Standing at football matches is not unsafe. If it was up to people like you places like Dartmoor would still be privately owned with no public access. Stupid laws or in this case ground regulations have to be challenged.

Aug 5, 2015
I agree these rules need to be changed. I just don’t think standing in a L 2 game will make it happen. BTW who decides what rules need to be obeyed and which ones are ok to break

Jul 14, 2008
Kentishgreen":cetlifuo said:
I agree these rules need to be changed. I just don’t think standing in a L 2 game will make it happen. BTW who decides what rules need to be obeyed and which ones are ok to break

Standing across the country, including League 2 games, makes it clear that there is an appetite for change. Obviously if it was just Argyle fans then it would be pointless but standing in all seated grounds takes place in every ground in the country. As for who decides which laws should be obeyed, I think that’s down to the individual. It’s worth repeating though that standing at football matches is not against the law, it’s ground regulations.

Mar 23, 2019
Herts_Green":3jzcdft1 said:
Kentishgreen":3jzcdft1 said:
So speeding in a 30 or 40mph speed limit area is ok?

That is an obvious safety issue. Standing at football matches is not unsafe. If it was up to people like you places like Dartmoor would still be privately owned with no public access. Stupid laws or in this case ground regulations have to be challenged.

Yep, spot on.

Just because something is a rule, doesn't make it correct. Quite literally stand up for what you believe in.

Mar 23, 2019
Kentishgreen":3ujh2pdm said:
So if you believe you should drive at 60 in a 40 speed limit zone that’s alright is it?

Slightly different to standing up at a football game, mate.

I'm not sure you're ever going to get it

:facepalm: :lol:

Aug 5, 2015
Is it though? Everyone picks and chooses which rules they’ll comply with and which they won’t? I don’t think you get it mate!

Bearing in mind how long people have been standing at football grounds if you just leave it to the authorities to react to what you’re doing you might bring about change in 20 or 30 years time just by standing at a L2 ground. Good luck

Dec 3, 2005
So are you going to ignore the other 'ground regulations' you don't like?

Such as smoking and drinking in the stands?

Jul 14, 2008
djg145":3iy870rc said:

No because they are vaguely sensible. Not being able to stand at a football match is just ridiculous

May 16, 2016
Herts_Green":3u2iy750 said:
djg145":3u2iy750 said:

No because they are vaguely sensible. Not being able to stand at a football match is just ridiculous

Unless of course, you've convinced yourself that smoking and drinking in the Stands creates a better atmosphere. Regardless of what you're told.