Persistent Standing Policy | Page 41 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Guiri Green":3urrmr3s said:
BradCobbs":3urrmr3s said:
Home Park is boring.
Away games only.
Need banners and boycotts, it’s the only way.
Nowhere in the country is like this - proper embarrassing to be associated with the club at times.

The Stadium isn't boring, some of the people are.
The stadium is pretty boring really. Boring soulless 3/4 of a bowl that is managed in an appalling way.
Stewarding shameful.
Falmouth Town’s home atmosphere is better than ours. :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I often see seating areas overloaded with fans standing at away games, five fans standing in an area of three seats, mates standing with mates, so you can understand the club doing something about it if the same thing is happening at Home Park.

The problem is the lack of communication from the club, why didn't the club make a statement before the game highlighting the problem and that tickets would be checked? Instead we had the sight of stewards lining block 3 which gave the wrong impression of why they were actually there.

With other issues going on in block 3 and the rest of the stadium I think if the club communicated some reasons for its actions most fans would be understandable.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
PL2 3DQ":33bmnx1f said:
I often see seating areas overloaded with fans standing at away games, five fans standing in an area of three seats, mates standing with mates, so you can understand the club doing something about it if the same thing is happening at Home Park.

The problem is the lack of communication from the club, why didn't the club make a statement before the game highlighting the problem and that tickets would be checked? Instead we had the sight of stewards lining block 3 which gave the wrong impression of why they were actually there.

With other issues going on in block 3 and the rest of the stadium I think if the club communicated some reasons for its actions most fans would be understandable.

Exactly this. When I saw the pictures and arrived in the stadium I said it looks like the club are expecting a battle.

Not that hard to put posters up, announce something over the PA or put it on the website.

I'm sure everyone would appreciate some commentary on what's going on behind the scenes and I think Jon B would welcome it if it stopped him being the focus of the protesters. (I've seen some really unfair things posted about him on Twitter over the last few weeks and I'm sure he's become the scapegoat for this)

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":2ga1f6u8 said:
BradCobbs":2ga1f6u8 said:
Home Park is boring.
Away games only.
Need banners and boycotts, it’s the only way.
Nowhere in the country is like this - proper embarrassing to be associated with the club at times.

The Stadium isn't boring, some of the people are.

This.If you love the Greens SIT down!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I don’t get this idea that sitting kills the atmosphere. From the Lyndhurst it looked like most of Block 3 stood all game and you could hear a pin drop for the majority of the match.

Jul 13, 2006
Cult Of Personality":brnd3i16 said:
Have and been and see the Eagles play the Redskins (NFL for those that dont know ) The Stadium was rocking loud chants from the Eagles fans . Swearing and all that. Not all sports in America are quiet . Infact also seen NBA live over there and thats very loud aswell

Argyle well .....the standing issues dont help. But to be honest Home Park has never been a hostile place to come to in the 25 years i been supporting Argyle

You must have missed the first 2 seasons back in the Championship then!
Zoo Corner was a genuinely intimidating place for oppo players and fans. R.I P. Zoo Corner.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Increased yellow coats in block 3 yesterday and what a surprise...no pyro going off.

For all the moaning about the large flag being dangerous the sooner that the cowards who mess about with those are dealt with the better.

Jun 2, 2016
Guiri Green":3nw5rbr4 said:
Pebbles042":3nw5rbr4 said:
Ok Quizmike. Yes late to party. Yes , seen the thread and understand the link to new stand and the law.
I just wanted to make the point that the figure of 1800 injuries is meaningless unless placed in context.

It's not meaningless to the 1800 Injured. Regardless of context.
In the context of this debate it is. The 1800 figure includes 700+ insect bites, burns and slips. Crazy to use the number when talking about safe standing.

Aug 5, 2005
the_corkscrew":396myo0p said:
Guiri Green":396myo0p said:
Pebbles042":396myo0p said:
Ok Quizmike. Yes late to party. Yes , seen the thread and understand the link to new stand and the law.
I just wanted to make the point that the figure of 1800 injuries is meaningless unless placed in context.

In the context of this debate it is. The 1800 figure includes 700+ insect bites, burns and slips. Crazy to use the number when talking about safe standing.

The figure for insect bites is 28, so stop fake newsing

Jun 2, 2016
Quizmike":31q0uxw9 said:
the_corkscrew":31q0uxw9 said:
Guiri Green":31q0uxw9 said:
Pebbles042":31q0uxw9 said:

The figure for insect bites is 28, so stop fake newsing
Read it again. Insect bites + burns (drinks) + slips is over 700. :wave: :wave:

Aug 5, 2005
So, you didn't purposely put insect bites first to make it look like that was the most reported injury????

Jun 2, 2016
Quizmike":3pofit6v said:
So, you didn't purposely put insect bites first to make it look like that was the most reported injury????
No. Not as if putting hot chocolate burns first would have made your argument any less ridiculous.