Persistent Standing Policy | Page 42 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Aug 5, 2005
the_corkscrew":tlooe2h4 said:
Quizmike":tlooe2h4 said:
So, you didn't purposely put insect bites first to make it look like that was the most reported injury????
No. Not as if putting hot chocolate burns first would have made your argument any less ridiculous.

What argument?

Aug 5, 2015
I didnā€™t think there was an argument over safe standing. It should be introduced so that those that want to stand can do so. Simply standing up in an all seater stadium isnā€™t going to impress anyone in ā€œ authority ā€œ and will not persuade them to allow the introduction of safe standing.

May 16, 2016
the_corkscrew":31sej5sz said:
Quizmike":31sej5sz said:
the_corkscrew":31sej5sz said:
Guiri Green":31sej5sz said:
Pebbles042":31sej5sz said:
Ok Quizmike. Yes late to party. Yes , seen the thread and understand the link to new stand and the law.
I just wanted to make the point that the figure of 1800 injuries is meaningless unless placed in context.

It's not meaningless to the 1800 Injured. Regardless of context.
In the context of this debate it is. The 1800 figure includes 700+ insect bites, burns and slips. Crazy to use the number when talking about safe standing.

The figure for insect bites is 28, so stop fake newsing
Read it again. Insect bites + burns (drinks) + slips is over 700. :wave: :wave:

What were the 1100 other injuries ? The % of injured people to combined attendances is not a measure of the Risk to any individual, the 1100 other injuries could all have happened at one Club with less stringent stewarding for all I know.

Jun 2, 2016
You're the one that quoted the survey but you're asking me what's in it?
It's propaganda used by the seating mafia, but it seems to have backfired badly.
(100 people hit by footballs by the way :funny:)

May 16, 2016
the_corkscrew":3uw5cw5c said:
It's propaganda used by the seating mafia, but it seems to have backfired badly.

I haven't quoted a Survey. I was pointing out that 1800 out of 46 Million is not a measure of Risk as someone previously suggested. The level of Risk / likliehood of injury is also determined by including the actions taken to avoid it. It could be argued that the low amount of injuries attributable to standing at HP is partly down to their policy of reminding us of the need to comply with Ground Regulations.

As for the propaganda of any Seating Mafia ? OmertĆ .

I appreciate people are feeling all precious, hard done by and getting a little bit teasy, but, that's the way it is. Rules is Rules I guess.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
foreigner":3aq6yjn5 said:
Cult Of Personality":3aq6yjn5 said:
Have and been and see the Eagles play the Redskins (NFL for those that dont know ) The Stadium was rocking loud chants from the Eagles fans . Swearing and all that. Not all sports in America are quiet . Infact also seen NBA live over there and thats very loud aswell

Argyle well .....the standing issues dont help. But to be honest Home Park has never been a hostile place to come to in the 25 years i been supporting Argyle

You must have missed the first 2 seasons back in the Championship then!
Zoo Corner was a genuinely intimidating place for oppo players and fans. R.I P. Zoo Corner.

You must be easily intimidated.
It wasn't at all intimidating.

Aug 4, 2011
Ted":o92f1jxp said:
foreigner":o92f1jxp said:
Cult Of Personality":o92f1jxp said:
Have and been and see the Eagles play the Redskins (NFL for those that dont know ) The Stadium was rocking loud chants from the Eagles fans . Swearing and all that. Not all sports in America are quiet . Infact also seen NBA live over there and thats very loud aswell

Argyle well .....the standing issues dont help. But to be honest Home Park has never been a hostile place to come to in the 25 years i been supporting Argyle

Zoo Corner was a genuinely intimidating place for oppo players and fans. R.I P. Zoo Corner.

Certainly a lot more than it is now. Iā€™m sure I remember playing QPR on Boxing Day and the crowd basically bullied the ref into showing a red card. I also seem to recall their manager at the time (could have been Holloway) saying how the ref collapsed under the pressure of the atmosphere. We donā€™t know how good we had it

Aug 5, 2005
the_corkscrew":3rskj5mc said:

Seating mafia?

Aug 5, 2015
I think we have to thank everyoneā€™s darling Maggie Thatcher for all seater stadia, unless she was in the mafia as well. Itā€™s more likely that Dennis had shares in a company that produced plastic seats rather than giving football fans an option they couldnā€™t refuse

Jul 13, 2006
football-bet-data":gvigu6zf said:
Ted":gvigu6zf said:
foreigner":gvigu6zf said:
Cult Of Personality":gvigu6zf said:

Certainly a lot more than it is now. Iā€™m sure I remember playing QPR on Boxing Day and the crowd basically bullied the ref into showing a red card. I also seem to recall their manager at the time (could have been Holloway) saying how the ref collapsed under the pressure of the atmosphere. We donā€™t know how good we had it

Exactly!

Feb 24, 2008
Watching Tonights Football for my Fix ! Don't think Partizan Belgrade are too bothered about Persistent Standing ! Fantastic Atmosphere ! Bouncing ! Love it !

Imagine a banner at Home Park saying " What an Excellent Day for an Exorcism "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jul 12, 2016
Doesn't matter what other clubs do, Argyle have ruled that their fans should sit down.Not sure what part of that rule some fans don't understand.

Mar 23, 2019
oldage":3doxv5fs said:
Doesn't matter what other clubs do, Argyle have ruled that their fans should sit down.Not sure what part of that rule some fans don't understand.

Bet you're fun at parties :facepalm:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
oldage":3a7u2ptk said:

It does matter actually. Why should Argyle fans be targeted when all over the country fans stand all game?

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s all Argyles fault, but there is absolutely no reason why our senior management team should be more forceful in the regs than any other club. Hiding behind ā€œitā€™s the rulesā€ is weak from the club when 91 other clubs have fans that stand.