Persistent Standing Policy | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Heathrow Green":1f8qdl7r said:
ming the merciless":1f8qdl7r said:
I really don't see how anyone is still no getting this through to their brain cell. The club has stated that it could be fined if it continues. Yet so called fans are happy with that. Happy that the club they are supposed to be fans of could loose money so they can stand and sing 'stand up if you love the greens' complete morons. Thats the kind of fans no club needs. :furious:
This.

Also from above a small section is being closed. Emails sent to the affected.

The club is under scrutiny. Supporters need to understand that. And yes it could mean the withholding of the safety certification for the grandstand.

I understand that people like to stand and are complaining that they see other clubs “getting away with it”. However none of the clubs mentioned have a stand waiting for safety certification.

We are in a unique situation. It should be treated as such.
So why are the club doing sweet FA about Block 3? Or do the people who are doing the scrutiny of the club not bother looking there?

Dec 19, 2009
This is frankly pathetic. The war with Block 14 has been raging on and off for years and the club have never been able to get on top of it. Trying to make us all believe the authorities may close the ground because 20 or 30 persistantly stand in Block 14 without addressing Blocks 3 or 4 is just ridiculous. The situation has been made worse of course due to the Grandstand closure and the bizarre decision by some of its occupants to relocate to an area where they surely must have known people like to stand. Why would you do that? Do you watch the game with blinkers on? Then, having made such a crap decision, you complain to the club that those fans who've been standing for years are suddenly affecting your matchday experience! :clap: :thumbup:

This now boils down to one simple thing in my book, the club have got themselves into a position they now can't be seen to walk away from and they are determined to come out on top whatever. But HP is all seater you say, the club is right. I wonder how every Premiership and Championship club would respond to this argument. Try telling their fans to sit down.

May 3, 2016
The day is coming when we will all have to sit down or have our season ticket removed and ejected from the ground for standing.
We will however be able to clap the team if we score, for a total of 30 seconds - what a thought imagine the atmosphere not just at Argyle but any game, the day that happens will be my last at any football match.
This was the working man's sport but not anymore, I agree rules are rules, but Leeds for example stand at every game home and away, we play Salford (100 fans) they were allowed to stand and nothing done about it, enforce the rules for everyone, or no one.
Argyle are very quick to have Devonport end fans tickets revoked, thank you John B.
My son recently went to a Glasgow Rangers home game with 40,000 crowd, great atmosphere safe standing - no problems, if they can have safe standing why can't we, I believe Bristol City also have safe standing, the scummers have the whole home end standing, double standards, sums up the whole charade.
:funny:

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
Stiffler":pew34hsw said:
Lots of posters on here actually agreeing with the clubs stance on this yet none of you have given a valid reason why Block 14 are getting picked on but not those in Block 3.

It’s all about safety. It would not be unreasonable for a stadium manager to consider it safer to let 500 people in a block stand rather than try to enforce the rule but for a dozen or so the same argument doesn’t apply does it?
This helps explain some of the “ they stand in premiership/ championship “ comments

Block 14 has also been a thorny problem for a year now with the “softer” attempts to solve it not succeeding. So if you were SAG you might be monitoring progress and asking what do you plan to do about this.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
KFA":2v0wnydp said:
Stiffler":2v0wnydp said:
Lots of posters on here actually agreeing with the clubs stance on this yet none of you have given a valid reason why Block 14 are getting picked on but not those in Block 3.

It’s all about safety. It would not be unreasonable for a stadium manager to consider it safer to let 500 people in a block stand rather than try to enforce the rule but for a dozen or so the same argument doesn’t apply does it?
This helps explain some of the “ they stand in premiership/ championship “ comments

Block 14 has also been a thorny problem for a year now with the “softer” attempts to solve it not succeeding. So if you were SAG you might be monitoring progress and asking what do you plan to do about this.
But wasn't a problem 2 years ago though was it?
I wonder what has changed?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gloucester Green":31k27u5f said:
Seems my comment has disappeared?

Club have today suspended some season tickets for standing in the Lyndhurst but Block 3 in the Devonport remains unaffected?

This is fact from a friend not rumour or conjecture

Nothing has been removed.

Aug 22, 2019
lilcol":2woob88a said:
ming the merciless":2woob88a said:
I really don't see how anyone is still no getting this through to their brain cell. The club has stated that it could be fined if it continues. Yet so called fans are happy with that. Happy that the club they are supposed to be fans of could loose money so they can stand and sing 'stand up if you love the greens' complete morons. Thats the kind of fans no club needs. :furious:

This above really, persistant standing is against the rules, the club could be fined and matches played behind closed doors, Would the persistant standees be happy then knowing they are responsible?. Just stop being so pig headed and sit, you can still sing/chant/abuse refs etc sitting down and enjoy the game without blocking other fans view.

Out of interest, how many games have Leeds played behind closed doors?

Out of interest, would it be the 30 people at the back of block 14 at fault or the 600 in demport and those letting of Pyro?

Out of interest, would you class the atmosphere at Home Park as good?

Out of interest, how many recorded injuries have there been from the back of Block 14.

If you were victimised despite hundreds of other people doing the same, would you take that in good grace?

May 8, 2011
Block14Standing":1ub6612b said:
lilcol":1ub6612b said:
ming the merciless":1ub6612b said:

This above really, persistant standing is against the rules, the club could be fined and matches played behind closed doors, Would the persistant standees be happy then knowing they are responsible?. Just stop being so pig headed and sit, you can still sing/chant/abuse refs etc sitting down and enjoy the game without blocking other fans view.

Out of interest, how many games have Leeds played behind closed doors?

Out of interest, would it be the 30 people at the back of block 14 at fault or the 600 in demport and those letting of Pyro?

Out of interest, would you class the atmosphere at Home Park as good?

Out of interest, how many recorded injuries have there been from the back of Block 14.

If you were victimised despite hundreds of other people doing the same, would you take that in good grace?

Leeds do not have their safety certificate issued by Plymouth City Council, so perhaps you need to ask PCC why they are taking this stance about ‘persistent standing in Block 14.

Celtic were forced to close a section of their ground due to persistent standing upsetting their local authority so there is a precedent.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Draconian and tedious.

To whoever used the speeding analogy; the relevant authorities don’t selectively turn a blind eye like at Argyle. I also cannot believe some are gullible enough to believe that an appropriate sanction would be Home Park being closed, it’s simply preposterous and you lot need your heads tested. Alienating loyal fans amidst this newfound togetherness, well done Argyle.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
Tony Pastyman":2rbv9y90 said:
The Sports Ground Safety Authority SGSA along with the clubs are the ones to get this issue addressed once and for all. Cardiff got this sorted by making one area of a stand standing area only. That was after consultation with the board, fans, fans organisations and the SGSA.

What I find difficult to understand is why I can stand with a pint in my hand watching rugby, but I can’t watching football. Are the risks not similar?

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
up_the_line":2di4ga7v said:
Green_guile":2di4ga7v said:
Heathrow Green":2di4ga7v said:
ming the merciless":2di4ga7v said:
This.

Also from above a small section is being closed. Emails sent to the affected.

The club is under scrutiny. Supporters need to understand that. And yes it could mean the withholding of the safety certification for the grandstand.

I understand that people like to stand and are complaining that they see other clubs “getting away with it”. However none of the clubs mentioned have a stand waiting for safety certification.

We are in a unique situation. It should be treated as such.

Spot on!

Ok. So close the Devonport End? Blocks 3 & 4 wont be sitting down on Saturday we can say with certainty now so it would appear to be the only option
Also eject anyone standing during 'moments of excitement' and celebrating goals. If standing isn't safe during open play (which by the way is bolloxx) then its definitely not safe to be rising rapidly to ones feet in ecstasy

How can you not get it?

It's not the club is not doing this for fun. They would like nothing better than for this to have not happened.

But. And it as Big BUT. They have to be seen to be doing something about persistent standing. It so happens that they have to be seen to enforce the requirements. Yes, I understand, that it means that some folk who like to stand were asked no to. They ignored the warning. Those seat are now closed. Do you really think that the club would do that if there was not pressure on them to do so.

The pressure really come from the fact that we have a redeveloped stand that requires a safety cert.

Now it could be that the SGSA are leaning on PCC who are in turn leaning on PAFC.

The fact of the matter is that WE, the supporters, need that stand open.

Without it, you need to ask yourself, how the club is going to repay the loan that got it upgraded.

In the end it means that the supporter have to toe the line.

Like it or not the supporters need to do what the club requires to be able to get the grandstand open.

May 1, 2011
gaspargomez":13jw8dp7 said:
Agree with the above.

The atmosphere is fine in other sports where people sit down- American Football, Ice Hockey, Basketball etc. Its seated at Premier League matches (and most grounds enforce it strongly) and the atmosphere is fine there too.

This is factually incorrect. Premiership abd Championship grounds take a pragmatic view and turn a blind eye to sections standing. Go to Ashton Gate and see for yourself.
Secondly I don't believe the majority of fans want an atmosphere akin to American sports. Football has a unique atmosphere.

May 1, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2hd6m2bn said:
I for one, do not fancy driving to Torquay or Exeter to watch a shifted home game, should the League's ultimate sanction be ground closure for a month, with a subsequent loss of revenue

How would that even happen? Argyle would hire a solicitor who would shield numerous examples of fans standing at grounds up and down the UK and would question why we were being picked on.

Come on get real.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Bristol Rich":2x0miq7n said:
Quintrell_Green":2x0miq7n said:
I for one, do not fancy driving to Torquay or Exeter to watch a shifted home game, should the League's ultimate sanction be ground closure for a month, with a subsequent loss of revenue

How would that even happen? Argyle would hire a solicitor who would shield numerous examples of fans standing at grounds up and down the UK and would question why we were being picked on.

Come on get real.

Ah but how many clubs, up and down the country, have a refurbished stand waiting a safety certifcate?