Persistent Standing Policy | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PMPilgrim":11v8nzil said:
Quintrell_Green":11v8nzil said:
Action Jackson":11v8nzil said:
Just watching the Villa - Everton game with a nice glass of Red and i'm DISGUSTED to see all of the Holte End standing... plus the camera panned to the Away End and wait for this..... every single Everton fan was also standing.

Disgusting scenes that have no place in football.

:whistle:

You are correct. I am thinking sauce / goose / gander on this issue, if you get my drift. It is enough to make you hiss rather than whistle regarding the application of the all seating legislation.

I give up. The argument is clearly too subtle for you.

One more try.

Neither of those two clubs are trying to open a new stand for which they need a safety certificate.

A certificate will not be given if we don’t enforce the rules in the bits of the ground we already have.

And neither of those two clubs have to deal with PCC for safety certificates.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Andy_S":26lgvnjt said:
It’s not for standing, but Rangers have been ORDERED by UEFA to close 3,000 seats for their forthcoming cup game. The reason is for “racist chanting”...which woul also bugger up the racist goons that we still have at Home Park.

If it can be done for Rangers then a closure at Argyle would be a walk in the park.

My word, have you really just compared standing at Home Park as being akin to racism at Ranger? Wow. :crazy:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
As for the safety certificate, will they be banning the football itself and half time bovril from Home Park? Wasps banned too. And steps, trip hazards them steps.

May 28, 2019
when it comes down to health and safety there is a lot a things you could scrutinise, the length of time to exit the stadium for one, a massive flag skimming over your heads while trying to climb the steps, and also is that massive flag fire retardant ?? certainly hope so

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":2a0as3c8 said:
when it comes down to health and safety there is a lot a things you could scrutinise, the length of time to exit the stadium for one, a massive flag skimming over your heads while trying to climb the steps, and also is that massive flag fire retardant ?? certainly hope so

The length of time it takes to leave the stadium at the end of the game isn't a problem. Slow and steady is very much safety compliant.

Apr 5, 2008
PMPilgrim":13fk0889 said:
Quintrell_Green":13fk0889 said:
Action Jackson":13fk0889 said:
Just watching the Villa - Everton game with a nice glass of Red and i'm DISGUSTED to see all of the Holte End standing... plus the camera panned to the Away End and wait for this..... every single Everton fan was also standing.

Disgusting scenes that have no place in football.

:whistle:

You are correct. I am thinking sauce / goose / gander on this issue, if you get my drift. It is enough to make you hiss rather than whistle regarding the application of the all seating legislation.

I give up. The argument is clearly too subtle for you.

One more try.

Neither of those two clubs are trying to open a new stand for which they need a safety certificate.

A certificate will not be given if we don’t enforce the rules in the bits of the ground we already have.

So after the new stand is open,everyone will be able to stand up again just like in the majority of other grounds.Thats ok then.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
This whole issue feels like it has been overblown by a vocal (ironically) minority. I’m sure some of these people are superb fans, but their actions on this won’t be helping the club.

Argyle have not conducted themselves well, and the communication to those affected has been poor, but to suggest it undermines the positivity around the club baffles me.

The Home Park atmosphere has been poor for a long time, but with good reason. Look at the last several years: back to back relegations, administration and a succession of managers playing at best gritty football (not without success it must be said) in Sheridan and Adams. Very few games stand out to my mind in terms of atmosphere: Portsmouth play-off game, Crewe at home in our promotion season (2-1 win) and Rotherham at home in our first League One season (another 2-1). I missed the Liverpool game. I’m hoping Lowe will change this!

Reading around the issue, it’s clear the club are under scrutiny due to the new grandstand - in a similar, albeit smaller scale, way to West Ham and Spurs. I would always chose to stand if I could, but come on - we all need to help the club out on this issue. I have no doubt that standing to watch football is more enjoyable and creates a better atmosphere, but the the bigger picture is far more important.

The sooner safe standing comes along, the better for me. I’d love to see it in the Devonport end.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
moles40":9afqur7b said:
So after the new stand is open,everyone will be able to stand up again just like in the majority of other grounds.Thats ok then.

Don't be daft. No one in a position of responsibility is ever going to say that.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":1eoxeqzm said:
I would imagine any safety officer would be looking at the Lyndhurst as the most direct and only available equivalent to the Grandstand, rather than a home ‘end’ or away ‘end’.

Argyle are working so hard to get this grandstand open in time, that they really don’t want even 1% chance of unwanted delays. For anyone doubting the likelihood of safety issues delaying the opening of a new facility... Spurs had to wait months for all their certificates to be signed off (not all standing related issues, I’m aware). It doesn’t seem to be that much of a coincidence they were issuing exactly the same sort of statements that Argyle are now.
None of the Tottenham issues were standing-related, it was all to do with the electrics and being able to demonstrate that they could evacuate a large crowd in a safe and efficient way.

How could they have standing issues in a ground that had never been used.

If there is a standing issue at HP, it is with the hundreds who stand at either end, not 20 or 30 in the back of the Lyndhurst. If I was the Safety Officer I would want to know why the club are apparently content to allow wholesale standing at both ends of the ground in blatant contradiction of their own regulations. If there was a match day safety audit, Argyle would be found badly lacking; they need to get their own house in order.

Watch how long it takes to evacuate the Lyndhurst this afternoon because the fans are not politely stewarded to leave the stand at their nearest point of exit. Instead, many will wander down the full length of the stand to compound the bottle-neck at the Devonport End corner exit, with people of all ages queued back up the steps trying to get out whilst others clamber over the seats in their frustration. Meanwhile, there are a load on numpties in yellow jackets lined up down the side of the pitch ready to stop a pitch invasion that’s never going to happen. The safe and efficient evacuation of the ground does not concern them.

All very inefficient, unprofessional and so typically “non-League” by Argyle yet again. Based on their own performance, they should be concerned about getting a Safety Certificate for the Grandstand.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I feel sorry for fans in wheelchairs and fans sitting in the first few rows in the Lyndhurst because other fans wander along the front towards the end of games blocking their view. It's also a bottleneck at the front before the game and at half time.
The club did say at the start of the season the front area would be kept clear.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The time it takes to leave issue is blown out of proportion. I’m near the back of block 10 and usually takes about 5mins to leave.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
GreenThing":12gr14ak said:
The time it takes to leave issue is blown out of proportion. I’m near the back of block 10 and usually takes about 5mins to leave.

I'm half way up block 8 and I'm normally still in the same spot 10 mins after the game.

The stewards used to block the routes off with chains, whatever happened to that?

Anyway, back to the standing, are those who had their seats closed able to occupy a different seat today?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":1p71bhx0 said:
None of the Tottenham issues were standing-related, it was all to do with the electrics and being able to demonstrate that they could evacuate a large crowd in a safe and efficient way.

I acknowledged that, I’m simply making the point that safety issues - of which standing is clearly a part in this situation - in general can seriously delay the opening of a new facility.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":jrn33x6u said:
demportdave":jrn33x6u said:

I acknowledged that, I’m simply making the point that safety issues - of which standing is clearly a part in this situation - in general can seriously delay the opening of a new facility.
In which case, perhaps Argyle should be focusing on stopping the hundreds standing in both the Devonport and Barn Park ends every game rather than making examples of the few in the Lyndhurst.