Persistent Standing Policy | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Persistent Standing Policy

Apr 26, 2016
The word Persistent is ambiguous at best, so if we win ten nil we can stand all game cheering, jumping up and down, if its a boring 0-0 draw we had no reason to stand up ? if its Jan / Feb and freezing your mammaries off you cant stand up sit there and freeze to death for two hours ? Common sense has to prevail, some guys take a flask and home made sandwich and want to sit with there wife out of sight and sound of the noisy pub going guys who have had five pints and pasty, shouting and balling..

The Mayflower, devenport and Lyndhurst had fans who choose what suited them best,
Now we are asking everyone to mix, I don't want to sit by kids or someone wife after five pints and I am sure they don't want to be sat by me, once the mayflower is sorted it should give people back the choice, kids area should be block 1, using them in the area between home and away fans is a disgrace with fans gesticulating at each other all game.

if hundred lads supporting the team want to jump up and down all game singing well done to them, are us oldies forgetting what it use to be like, obviously safety is important but hopefully the club can define the stands so supporters are in appropriate locations that suit to enjoy the day !

Ironic Jon Back twitter page does he really only want Home Park rocking when there an ABBA concert ? look at April ! not one person sat down and some of the dancing is far more dangerous than I have ever seen on the terraces.
Also his statement 28th April lets all stand together ! bit of a Boris statement now in hinsight ! but hey oh !

Apr 26, 2016
Block 1 move the play equipment.
Do you think its appropriate place when Exeter or Swindon turn up ?
Or to be sat in the main with guys who are last out of the pub.

This season limited away fans but hopefully back in league one far more away fans.

Lower tier of Mayflower ?

its the wrong place ok when 100 away fans.

May 4, 2015
Agreed, there are several reason's why home park is like a morgue

1) The heavy handed approach of stewards (Jason and his nephew for example - passionate fans for life put off going now)
2) the placement of the family enclosure. Utterly ridiculous and a proper atmosphere killer
3) The closure of the Mayflower and infiltration of the "moanflower regularls"
4) Club putting leaflets on seats last season about standing and the threat of ejection
5) The dire football that has been on offer for the past 5 or 6 seasons

Hopefully, with Ryan Lowe in charge and an attacking brand of football on offer, and the Mayflower re-opening in the new year thats points 3 and 5 resolved.
I think that there will be a gravitation of singers / standers to the lower end of the mayflower when re-opened so as long as the club and stewards show a bit of leniency once we have more freedom of choice there should knock off 1 and 4 - just leaves 2. The family enclosure should IMHO be in Block 1. The easiest part of the ground to get in and out of and could easily be sectioned off with no adjoining stand to one side of it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bolshevik1966":2m0soota said:
Block 1 move the play equipment.
Do you think its appropriate place when Exeter or Swindon turn up ?
Or to be sat in the main with guys who are last out of the pub.

This season limited away fans but hopefully back in league one far more away fans.

Lower tier of Mayflower ?

its the wrong place ok when 100 away fans.

What is your motivation for moving the family section? As far as I am aware there have been few, if any incidents of away fans giving children a hard time in that corner of the ground.

I can only assume that you want to go back to that area so you can wind up opposition fans, something which is so last century. Football songs and chants these days are now 95% about supporting your own team. Singing and chanting abuse at away fans has become a thing of the past.

Apr 26, 2016
Motivation ? yes i am a 53 year old man wanting to gesticulate towards away fans and sing your a bunch of bananas,
today my motivation is to remember to take my glasses or i wont see sod all.

As stated this season apart from couple of games doesn't really matter, but watching families walk out and around back of
lyndhurst after a game and as we know police let away supporters out at same time is ridiculous, unnerving pending the away team, result etc etc.

But as for me trying to recreate zoo corner your off target

As they say 'You bothered with the Knowledge the rest just use sat nav?'

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Jose446":20zucpuz said:
I think that there will be a gravitation of singers / standers to the lower end of the mayflower when re-opened.

That'll go down well with the directors when they can't see because of the standers in front of them! :) :wave:

Mar 23, 2019
Jose446":i0rab6we said:
Agreed, there are several reason's why home park is like a morgue

1) The heavy handed approach of stewards (Jason and his nephew for example - passionate fans for life put off going now)
2) the placement of the family enclosure. Utterly ridiculous and a proper atmosphere killer
3) The closure of the Mayflower and infiltration of the "moanflower regularls"
4) Club putting leaflets on seats last season about standing and the threat of ejection
5) The dire football that has been on offer for the past 5 or 6 seasons

Hopefully, with Ryan Lowe in charge and an attacking brand of football on offer, and the Mayflower re-opening in the new year thats points 3 and 5 resolved.
I think that there will be a gravitation of singers / standers to the lower end of the mayflower when re-opened so as long as the club and stewards show a bit of leniency once we have more freedom of choice there should knock off 1 and 4 - just leaves 2. The family enclosure should IMHO be in Block 1. The easiest part of the ground to get in and out of and could easily be sectioned off with no adjoining stand to one side of it.

Absolutely spot on.

The Family enclosure should be Block 1, sooner it's moved back there the better.

May 16, 2016
Argylegames":3hsrvkrx said:
Jose446":3hsrvkrx said:
I think that there will be a gravitation of singers / standers to the lower end of the mayflower when re-opened.

That'll go down well with the directors when they can't see because of the standers in front of them! :) :wave:

Or until it rains......

Aug 14, 2014
First of all let me say I am a recent convert to Safe Standing in approved areas equipped with barriers, rails or other safety devices approved by The FA and the relevant licensing authority. However, I prefer to pay extra to sit on the side where there are very few standing issues.

Argyle’s recently published policy reminder makes no mention of the probability of the club being sued by the family of anyone unfortunate enough to be a fatality or recipient of a serious injury. There is plenty of film evidence to support the inability of clubs to deal with the problem of persistant standing. Indeed the stewards have a thankless task in trying to police the policy and I suspect any club in litigation would be accused of employing too few stewards and records would show very few, if any, ejections or bans from the relevant ground. Cameras at grounds today can easily identify the persistant offenders. Why has no action be taken by clubs and regulators, draw your own conclusions?

Those who currently stand and advocate safe standing, should become more constructive and conduct a campaign for change without ignoring the existing regulations. For example,(there are others) approach Argyle with the idea of rolling out a debenture type system where a season ticket and the cost of replacing/modifying the current seats is paid by those supporters wishing to stand. Spread over 5 years or so would this double the cost of attending for those those concerned, perhaps someone has an idea of the costings? If you want it why not pay for it, why alienate fellow supporters, Club Management, Local Authorities and Government?

Clubs (Argyle included) can see little, if any, revenue increase at by installing the equipment necessary for safe standing. Unfortunately for some poor soul, the current apathy toward enforcing seating will only change with a fatality, as it did after the disasters at Ibrox, Burnden Park, Valley Parade, Hillsborough, and Heysel which highlighted stadium deficiencies.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Southampton Hake":1db8wu9z said:
First of all let me say I am a recent convert to Safe Standing in approved areas equipped with barriers, rails or other safety devices approved by The FA and the relevant licensing authority. However, I prefer to pay extra to sit on the side where there are very few standing issues.

Argyle’s recently published policy reminder makes no mention of the probability of the club being sued by the family of anyone unfortunate enough to be a fatality or recipient of a serious injury. There is plenty of film evidence to support the inability of clubs to deal with the problem of persistant standing. Indeed the stewards have a thankless task in trying to police the policy and I suspect any club in litigation would be accused of employing too few stewards and records would show very few, if any, ejections or bans from the relevant ground. Cameras at grounds today can easily identify the persistant offenders. Why has no action be taken by clubs and regulators, draw your own conclusions?

Those who currently stand and advocate safe standing, should become more constructive and conduct a campaign for change without ignoring the existing regulations. For example,(there are others) approach Argyle with the idea of rolling out a debenture type system where a season ticket and the cost of replacing/modifying the current seats is paid by those supporters wishing to stand. Spread over 5 years or so would this double the cost of attending for those those concerned, perhaps someone has an idea of the costings? If you want it why not pay for it, why alienate fellow supporters, Club Management, Local Authorities and Government?

Clubs (Argyle included) can see little, if any, revenue increase at by installing the equipment necessary for safe standing. Unfortunately for some poor soul, the current apathy toward enforcing seating will only change with a fatality, as it did after the disasters at Ibrox, Burnden Park, Valley Parade, Hillsborough, and Heysel which highlighted stadium deficiencies.

I think that Heysel was more about brain deficiencies rather than the stadium deficiencies.

Aug 14, 2014
Green Thing re Heysel, another FIFA/UEFA adminisrative discision?
I agree with the brain deficiencies, too much of it around.

Stadium investigation

Gerry Clarkson, Deputy Chief of the London Fire Brigade, was sent by the British Government to report on the condition of the stadium. He concluded that the deaths were "attributable very, very largely to the appalling state of [the] stadium".[24][25] He discovered that the crush barriers were unable to contain the weight of the crowd and had the reinforcement in the concrete exposed, the wall's piers had been built the wrong way around and that there was a small building at the top of the terrace that contained long plastic tubing underneath.[24] His report was never used in any inquiry for the disaster.[24]

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Southampton Hake":2qyo0jql said:
Green Thing re Heysel, another FIFA/UEFA adminisrative discision?
I agree with the brain deficiencies, too much of it around.

Stadium investigation

Gerry Clarkson, Deputy Chief of the London Fire Brigade, was sent by the British Government to report on the condition of the stadium. He concluded that the deaths were "attributable very, very largely to the appalling state of [the] stadium".[24][25] He discovered that the crush barriers were unable to contain the weight of the crowd and had the reinforcement in the concrete exposed, the wall's piers had been built the wrong way around and that there was a small building at the top of the terrace that contained long plastic tubing underneath.[24] His report was never used in any inquiry for the disaster.[24]

Hmmmmm..... Gerald Clarkson. I know him as the Chief Officer who had the least respect at fire stations in my time in the LFB. He once turned up on a fireground where two colleagues had been hospitalised and his first concern was that a Leading Fireman had his belt buckled on the wrong hole.

Jul 26, 2006
Rumour has it, that certain fans who stand, namely in block 14/15 have had their memberships and season tickets blocked due to standing at the back. This is utterly appalling behaviour by a certain Mr Back. 100s stand in the devonport and away fans stand with no issues yet these 2 blocks constantly victimised.