Players you had irrational like/dislike of..... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players you had irrational like/dislike of.....

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":c5d97vdc said:
Knibbsworth":c5d97vdc said:
Simon Walton. Couldn’t stand him, the way he clearly carried too much weight, shouted at the younger players, barely moved around the pitch but would point and bark orders. He was captain but his personal application and effort seemed to be non-league, all the while he was aggressive in his gestures.

I know there is a big movement among the fans to recognise his wage deferrals and personal sacrifices etc. I respect that but as a player he irritated me.

It was only when Wotton came in we had some real leadership in there that season. Wotton’s arrival also seemed to put Walton back in his place.

Simon Walton's 9 goals (top scorer) in 2011/12 kept Argyle in the football league.

Yes, mostly penalties. Carey banged a fair few of them in, and finished top scorer a few seasons, but it doesn't seem to stop your endless negativity towards him.

Jul 12, 2016
John Cooper":2dx4bsbq said:
Green Painter":2dx4bsbq said:
A player who rarely gets a mention on here, Tony James. In my opinion one of the very best centre backs we've had.
Tin hat on but irrational dislike for me is Mr Green blood himself (sorry) Paul Wotton.

You’re not alone. A dislike for Wotton for me as well.
And me.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Easy to say now I guess, but Steve McLean. Didn't like him from the moment he signed. Don't know why, he just didn't 'look like' a footballer to me. And he certainly wasn't while with us.
I didn't get Jake Jarvis either, disappeared from games when they weren't going well.
Paul Wotton? Really? Unbelievable! Whilst not the most gifted player ever at HP, what grit and determination the guy had, as well as scoring a few screamers. Leader of two promotions and, rightly, an Argyle legend. Each to their own I suppose.
Oh and Jon Sheffield... never felt safe with him between the sticks.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Paul Gibbs!

Bringing back some appalling memories there at a time were when Argyle were genuinely crap for craps sake.

Always had a soft spot for Chadders. That last minute winner at Reading merely cemented it.

Despite not seeing much of him, I was fairly distraught when Jose Baxter left last season too.

Mar 21, 2006
Disliked....Brian Johnson, Keith Hill, Terry Austin, Kenny Cooper, Nicky Hammond, Mark Fiore, Dougie Anderson.....too many to mention

Mar 21, 2006
silkman":1j06fc04 said:
Disliked....Brian Johnson, Keith Hill, Terry Austin, Kenny Cooper, Nicky Hammond, Mark Fiore, Dougie Anderson.....too many to mention

Didn't mean Keith Hill - meant Keith Allen

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":oa3maqes said:
up_the_line":oa3maqes said:
Knibbsworth":oa3maqes said:
Simon Walton. Couldn’t stand him, the way he clearly carried too much weight, shouted at the younger players, barely moved around the pitch but would point and bark orders. He was captain but his personal application and effort seemed to be non-league, all the while he was aggressive in his gestures.

I know there is a big movement among the fans to recognise his wage deferrals and personal sacrifices etc. I respect that but as a player he irritated me.

It was only when Wotton came in we had some real leadership in there that season. Wotton’s arrival also seemed to put Walton back in his place.

Simon Walton's 9 goals (top scorer) in 2011/12 kept Argyle in the football league.

Yes, mostly penalties. Carey banged a fair few of them in, and finished top scorer a few seasons, but it doesn't seem to stop your endless negativity towards him.

I thought this thread would be Carey free but ohhh no.

I'm not negative towards Carey as much as I am towards the continuing brown nosing of him.

Simon Walton: all time great? Discuss

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
Let’s go for positive instead of negative.

Mat Doumbe. Thought he was an exceptional player for us, always liked his style, yet he never really gets talked about in terms of ex-players.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Kenny Cooper.

He was never a footballer , he couldn't even run properly.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Jon Sheffield. Never felt comfortable with him in goal, distribution was dreadful as well. Peter Shilton as a keeper, watching him should have come with a health warning! Craig Skinner who ended up at Wrexham never rated him. Ones I loved who others hated? The inimitable Forbes Phillipson-Masters impossible to describe but his second touch was often a badly mistimed tackle :D Stewart Evans I think he was really underrated and used to get dreadful stick. James Hinch esq? ok fair enough he wasn’t the greatest :doh:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davegreenarmy":2mt7bo0l said:
Let’s go for positive instead of negative.

Mat Doumbe. Thought he was an exceptional player for us, always liked his style, yet he never really gets talked about in terms of ex-players.

Agreed. Exceptional player. Makes my all time 11 from when I first started in 1990