Players you had irrational like/dislike of..... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players you had irrational like/dislike of.....

Sep 6, 2006
Warren Feeney. Summed up the situation we were in at the time that we had to sign such inadequate players. I have no idea what his strengths were or how he made a living as a professional footballer.

Apr 8, 2014
Never took to Stonebridge or in more recent years Purrington. A lot of people at the moment don’t seem to take to Dom but I think there’s a good player in there.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
David Goodwillie for an irrational like.

Really, really wanted him to come off and you could see his understanding with GC in particular was starting to materialise. Think his last two games for us were v Newport helping us into the game at Liverpool, and then scoring in a league game where all his teammates were clearly delighted for him.

Extra irrational because of the reason he left us, but no need to go into that.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
On the negative - John Paddelty and Terry Austin (doesn`t need Sainghin Green to work out why).

Positive - Brian Bason and Paul Wotton (there had to be one on here)

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
My irrational favourites are easy

Gerry McElhinney - i fell in love with him Villa Park - when he tried to run off what turned out to be a Broken leg - thats what you want from a centre back.

Stevie Cooper - Boy could he jump, i loved the anticipation of a long ball forward, the centre half looking comfortably in control, then Cooper would jump like Zebedee and rise feet above him - he just had the knack of doing something amazing - which is what i want from sport - i want to see people do something i cant do.

Dislikes - apart from the obvious ones its tough i guess - i never really got the love in with Paul McGregor.

Oct 31, 2015
davegreenarmy":2izepvu9 said:
Let’s go for positive instead of negative.

Mat Doumbe. Thought he was an exceptional player for us, always liked his style, yet he never really gets talked about in terms of ex-players.

Great shout. I was a big fan of Mat. I had forgotten about him. :wtf:

I understand those that say Wotton as a dislike. He was green through and through, cut him and he would have bled green but always seemed to have an arrogant way.

Aug 8, 2013
Always disliked Micky Horswill; thought he was an arrogant thug who
never really looked like he wanted to be playing for Argyle. There was
also a rumour going around that he and Gary Megson led a players'
revolt at one time, so that put me off Megson as well.

C

Cult Of Personality

Paul Wotton but won't go over the grounds why.

I never liked Carl Fletcher either . Nice guy but never a football manager and as a player way to past his best .

Jamie Mackie never understood the love for him. Felt he ran around alot and only did things for himself

Ryan Edwards . Yes he had cancer and beat it but he also was just shocking

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mark Fiore for me. Utterly frustrating the way he got 1 on 1 against a defender and didn’t even attempt to beat his man and pass it backwards to our full back.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Forest of Dean Green":1muvlh15 said:
What was the purpose of Dominic Blizzard?

And unlike others, I personally loved Mackie. Heart on sleeve and a headache for opposition as he chased everything down

This reinforces the point of this thread, I quite liked Dom Blizzard even though he was generally a waste of shirt.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He scored a cracking winner at Luton. Therefore that WAS the point of him. :scarf:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":1gzt675c said:
He scored a cracking winner at Luton. Therefore that WAS the point of him. :scarf:

I think he was more surprised than anyone. :)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Argyle have had many dire players over the years.
But if we're after that really unique blend of being both crap and irritating then it's Greg Wylde. I still wake up screaming thinking about that cross at Yeovil. I was also at Ewood for the Carlisle game when he chased someone else's goal bound shot in and put it over the line. Professional some might say (it was definitely going in) but then he ran over and slid across the turf as if he'd somehow scored a solo wonder goal. Made the paper for parking his (very expensive) car across two spaces.
So in answer to the op, I didn't just think Wylde was bad, he also irked me.

Having said all that, it takes a special kind of berk to sign him twice