Players you had irrational like/dislike of..... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players you had irrational like/dislike of.....

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Surprised the name Miller hasn`t appeared on this thread although I suppose the tag irrational negates that.

Aug 5, 2016
PAFC150479":1nazn1by said:
Nathan Thomas, remember seeing him playing in a wing back position. Was like he had been pulled out of the crowd to make up numbers...

Totally diagree with that, I was very disappointed when he left. I thought Shez treated him quite badly and then let him go on a free before sodding off himself! Some games Thomas could be absolutely electric. He went to another League Two club and made them a fair bit of money which didn't really support Sheridan's conclusion that he wasn't up to it.

Apr 1, 2009
Knibbsworth":1zo3svsq said:
PAFC150479":1zo3svsq said:
Nathan Thomas, remember seeing him playing in a wing back position. Was like he had been pulled out of the crowd to make up numbers...

Totally diagree with that, I was very disappointed when he left. I thought Shez treated him quite badly and then let him go on a free before sodding off himself! Some games Thomas could be absolutely electric. He went to another League Two club and made them a fair bit of money which didn't really support Sheridan's conclusion that he wasn't up to it.

Always surprises me when fans criticise a manager''s attitude to a particular player, but have no expectation in terms of the player's attitude. Thomas has talent but has largely wasted it. There were a lot of rumours about his general attitude as well as his nocturnal activities when he was at Argyle, and at least some of them were true. He did have a decent season with Hartlepool which won him his transfer to Sheff Utd, but apart from that has meandered from club to club, never really settling, dazzling occasionally but more often proving an unfulfilled talent.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knibbsworth":yxxao4op said:
PAFC150479":yxxao4op said:

Sometimes it's what happens off the pitch rather than on it that decides the player's fate.

Jun 24, 2008
Negative vibes: Ryan Taylor for me. When I saw he was about to be subbed on I felt instant disappointment and he never changed my opinion. Couldn't see what he provided us. Second, would be Matt Macey. The fact I couldn't stand Arsenal never helped.

Positive vibes: Graham Carey. Loved watching him and his "heart on the sleeve" style. I also was a huge fan of Paul Gallagher in his one season spell with us, i recall him linking up well with Alan Judge who was on loan from Blackburn too at the time.

edited to add... Fox and Nalis were players I admired greatly too. For their calming ease and classy passing.

Jan 27, 2012
Steve Cooper had a bit of magic about him, even though he couldn’t really be described as a top player.

I liked Mpenza too- I thought he was a class a above on the rare occasions he played.

I was never very impressed with Bhasera. I thought he was highly over-rated by the Argyle fans. League Two standard at best- was pleased when he sulked off back to Africa.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":8ofsr9zj said:
I liked Mpenza too- I thought he was a class a above on the rare occasions he played..

:shocked: Class A perhaps.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Irrational dislike.....
... & completely irrational, he clearly was a very good footballer who went on to much higher things, but Gary Megson...... sheesh.

Likes. No, loves. No utterly adores. Crudgy <sigh>.

:)

Oct 15, 2017
Leon Horn":2phv3ww2 said:
Frank Nouble.

Think he's more concerned about his social media following than actually showing an ounce of effort. Don't rate him at all.

Totally agree, target man what a load of bull.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Doumbe.

Loved the guy. Always claimed it was his pace I loved, but looking back on it I reckon I just fancied him.

Irrational...anyone wearing number 6 that isn't an absolute grafting beast...many disappointing 6's over the years.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Green Painter":4i11v5z4 said:
A player who rarely gets a mention on here, Tony James. In my opinion one of the very best centre backs we've had.
Tin hat on but irrational dislike for me is Mr Green blood himself (sorry) Paul Wotton.

No tin hat needed fella. Not a decent chap.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
earl grey":rzzukxho said:
Green Painter":rzzukxho said:
A player who rarely gets a mention on here, Tony James. In my opinion one of the very best centre backs we've had.
Tin hat on but irrational dislike for me is Mr Green blood himself (sorry) Paul Wotton.

No tin hat needed fella. Not a decent chap.
morning brett.agree with you about wottsy.just to let you know my nephew and his wife have taken the shop over as graham and i have retired.love to you,milton and ophelia.