Players you had irrational like/dislike of..... | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players you had irrational like/dislike of.....

Jan 27, 2012
BadBoy":3oz8c7rm said:
Disliked Mackie and Wotton both over rated although both had great careers so what do I know, loved Dalton, Marshall, Castle, Evans, Keith and Furphy who we had on loan for a while back in the 80's.

Yeah Keith Furphy took some great inswinging corners. He didn't have a glittering career but I quite liked him in his very short spell.

For some reason I always wanted Mark Damarell to do well. He might have done under a different manager.

And Calvin Plummer. There was a fantastic player in there somewhere- but he was highly erratic and seemed to freeze at important moments. When he played well he was virtually unstoppable though- pace, skill, flair and excitement.

Sep 2, 2008
I liked Adie Littlejohn. Always seemed to have a smile on his face. He had a decent first touch and electric pace. Clever goalscorer as well. He would take his shot almost always a step earlier than a keeper expected him too so they would always be caught flat footed as they came out to narrow the angle and set themselves to make the save. Dislike: as with many others Wotton...arrogance personified.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
JonB":1tmtzy5y said:
Irrational dislike.....
... & completely irrational, he clearly was a very good footballer who went on to much higher things, but Gary Megson...... sheesh.

Likes. No, loves. No utterly adores. Crudgy <sigh>.

:)

Nooooo! Not the ginger messiah! True legend

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sam Barker":11diemu6 said:
Marvin Morgan. Was as big a signing as we made back then but was way more interested in his clothing brand.

:clap: :clap:

I can remember he came off at Newport to be replaced by Enoch Showunmi and Enoch improved the team.

A player with the heart the size of a pea. Sad thing was, I'm sure there was a decent player in there somewhere.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Sean McCarthy. Never liked him as a player, donā€™t like him as a commentator. Only decent thing of note I can remember him doing is getting sent off within moments of coming on as a sub for Exeter.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
GreenThing":3o297dqu said:
Sean McCarthy. Never liked him as a player, donā€™t like him as a commentator. Only decent thing of note I can remember him doing is getting sent off within moments of coming on as a sub for Exeter.

I don't like him as a commentator. And how many frigging games has he had now to release it's Aimson and not Aimison, and Nouble not nooblell!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Emu":3fi4zuk6 said:
GreenThing":3fi4zuk6 said:

I don't like him as a commentator. And how many frigging games has he had now to release it's Aimson and not Aimison, and Nouble not nooblell!

Disagree with Nouble pronunciation. Surely itā€™s Nubble to rhyme with double. :)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
GreenThing":9zqcy01d said:
Emu":9zqcy01d said:
GreenThing":9zqcy01d said:

Disagree with Nouble pronunciation. Surely itā€™s Nubble to rhyme with double. :)
...or Rubble and, while Iā€™m on, itā€™s ā€˜realiseā€™.

Aug 4, 2011
L G":24oscw8u said:
Mickey Quinn.
Why Argyle, Why?
Think Shilts made it clear he wasnā€™t brought down for his footballing ability :lol: :lol:

His tips mustā€™ve been poor as he was sent back at the end of his month loan

Aug 4, 2011
Knibbsworth":2mhdi9zy said:
Pettgreen":2mhdi9zy said:
For some reason I couldn't stand Ladapo. A real poisonous snarky snake.

What did he do to make you believe that?

Ladapo had a few ā€œnightlifeā€ issues shall we say. Not least of all being pictured out on the town just hours before home games on a couple of occasions.