Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-Up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-Up

Sep 6, 2006
oddball":1rhd6oxp said:
Oldage. we have spent far too long in this damn awful division and its high time we were competing with the Ipswiches and Portsmouths and Sunderlands....we are underperforming on a large scale ....especially when you look at the support the club gets both home and away.....play offs at worst and automatics at best have got to be the aim....anything less and the manager has got to go...

The football we play at home is easily good enough for League 1. Unable to translate it to away form yet but I think thats because we are short of a forward who can hold the ball up when they are more isolated. A half decent striker in jan will guarantee play offs at least.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Personally I’d like us to bring in 2 new strikers.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Balham_Green":crvo5bqw said:
oddball":crvo5bqw said:
Oldage. we have spent far too long in this damn awful division and its high time we were competing with the Ipswiches and Portsmouths and Sunderlands....we are underperforming on a large scale ....especially when you look at the support the club gets both home and away.....play offs at worst and automatics at best have got to be the aim....anything less and the manager has got to go...

The football we play at home is easily good enough for League 1. Unable to translate it to away form yet but I think thats because we are short of a forward who can hold the ball up when they are more isolated. A half decent striker in jan will guarantee play offs at least.

I agree with all that. The side has been rapidly assembled and playing a completely new style and we easily match any of the teams in this division. One striker away from promotion, I believe.
And as the games go by, I too find myself questioning what the hell happened to relegate us into this division.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There was a training ground video posted on Twitter by the club this morning that appeared to show a new player who looks like Tyreeq Bakinson.
The video was deleted and re-posted with the player edited out.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
IJN":3n92pxdt said:
It was the most ridiculous of relegations wasn’t it! :furious:

It was...probably the most perplexing collapse I've seen in over 50 years of following football. To put together that string of results was just...astonishing. I don't normally give a monkey's about dressing room politics but I would love to know what set of circumstances led to such a collective abdication of responsibility and effort.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I noticed that Gavin Reilly who scored the equaliser for Bristol Rovers in stoppage time in our 2-2 draw near the end of last season was playing for Cheltenham.
I could see it happening again and was pleased when he was subbed on the hour.

Aug 5, 2005
PL2 3DQ":2nqtqc8s said:
There was a training ground video posted on Twitter by the club this morning that appeared to show a new player who looks like Tyreeq Bakinson.
The video was deleted and re-posted with the player edited out.

Another triumph for pafc_casual who predicted this signing on 11th December

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Old Gunner":3064l2q3 said:
IJN":3064l2q3 said:

It was...probably the most perplexing collapse I've seen in over 50 years of following football. To put together that string of results was just...astonishing. I don't normally give a monkey's about dressing room politics but I would love to know what set of circumstances led to such a collective abdication of responsibility and effort.

Ladapo! Look no further.

Oct 31, 2015
IJN":1y9lv1nx said:
Old Gunner":1y9lv1nx said:
IJN":1y9lv1nx said:

Ladapo! Look no further.

Really? Tell more Ian :thumbup:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":3eisvqcw said:
Old Gunner":3eisvqcw said:
IJN":3eisvqcw said:

Ladapo! Look no further.
Eh??

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
IJN":2bsblke1 said:
Old Gunner":2bsblke1 said:
IJN":2bsblke1 said:

Ladapo! Look no further.

I suppose it could have been anybody. Only takes one bad apple to stir things up. On the plus side I think we have, as a result, acquired a manager who will get us out of this league at the first attempt...and will get us performing well in League 1.