Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Whilst Jephcott's goal-scoring record since coming into the side at the beginning of 2020 has been nothing short of remarkable, all other areas of his game need work. I can see the development in his all-round game with almost each match we play. You can see that RL's coaching, and match experience will see him develop into an outstanding centre forward. But he's not there yet. I would love for his amazing upward trajectory to continue with Argyle until at least the end of next season, when we really could be talking big money.
The trouble is, if a Championship team is just looking for goals in January, he absolutely fits the bill now. Could we turn down a bid of £1m in the current climate?

May 28, 2019
why are people posting we want this we want that, he aint going any where, if argyle receive large transfer fees or anyone pay out fees they must pay back the money they received from the premier league, any fee has to cover paying that back,
:banghead:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
greybeard-kernow":2igorlp8 said:
why are people posting we want this we want that, he aint going any where, if argyle receive large transfer fees or anyone pay out fees they must pay back the money they received from the premier league, any fee has to cover paying that back,
:banghead:
Not quite, the hand out from the premier is in 2 parts the first is a hand out the second part is that clubs can apply for a loan, it is only that part that would have to be repaid. After the generous contribution from Mr & Mrs Hallett I wouldn’t have thought we wouldn’t need to borrow any monies.

Dec 30, 2011
Devongreenowl":z57zntle said:
Yeah, it was like swapping an E-type for an Austin. Poor guy was on a hiding to nothing, although he did go on to do ok for Mansfield I think.

In all seriousness though, Jephcott is nowhere near the level that Mariner was at back then. Good player but not THAT good.

Jephcott isn't a Mariner type of player at all, more like a Derek Rickard or Mike Bickle.

Selling him in January would be madness if we want to stay up. Better that he keeps improving and his value keeps rising.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
greensalt":2bch3xqy said:
Devongreenowl":2bch3xqy said:
Yeah, it was like swapping an E-type for an Austin. Poor guy was on a hiding to nothing, although he did go on to do ok for Mansfield I think.

In all seriousness though, Jephcott is nowhere near the level that Mariner was at back then. Good player but not THAT good.

Jephcott isn't a Mariner type of player at all, more like a Derek Rickard or Mike Bickle.

Selling him in January would be madness if we want to stay up. Better that he keeps improving and his value keeps rising.

Spot on Greensalt. The comparison with Derek Rickard is succinct and Luke Jephcott should be proud to be compared as such. :scarf:

Jan 12, 2020
Not sure why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over Jephcott heading to Barnsley.
The only link I’ve seen his been an article written on a click-bait football blog as the type of player Barnsley should be looking at!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Drake":1sycwzqi said:
Not sure why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over Jephcott heading to Barnsley.
The only link I’ve seen his been an article written on a click-bait football blog as the type of player Barnsley should be looking at!

I know! Then again, the site manager posted it at the front of this thread, so it’s up for debate. He will obviously attract attention with his goals, but there are some deluded souls on here if they think it’s gonna be 5-10m.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Devongreenowl":3tltujkj said:
Drake":3tltujkj said:

I know! Then again, the site manager posted it at the front of this thread, so it’s up for debate. He will obviously attract attention with his goals, but there are some deluded souls on here if they think it’s gonna be 5-10m.

I'm just debating the possibility of us receiving a bid from anyone in January, and what that is likely to look like.

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":38sjegl5 said:
jimsing":38sjegl5 said:
Let's not get carried away, eh?

He's not ready to go anywhere yet. We have to manage him carefully or he will be forced to take a small step up the ladder instead of a big one.

Agreed this could go 2 X ways for jeppher. Big lucrative move when he and us are ready or a Ben purrington type move.

Really doesn't need to be ,"normal" Argyle for this lads career

What is a Ben Purrington type move?

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Knibbsworth":2ina1tdv said:
rsp4":2ina1tdv said:
jimsing":2ina1tdv said:
Let's not get carried away, eh?

He's not ready to go anywhere yet. We have to manage him carefully or he will be forced to take a small step up the ladder instead of a big one.

Agreed this could go 2 X ways for jeppher. Big lucrative move when he and us are ready or a Ben purrington type move.

Really doesn't need to be ,"normal" Argyle for this lads career

What is a Ben Purrington type move?

If I recall Purrington only had 6 months left on his contract. Wanted away so we cashed in and got a decent price for him with all the add ons. (Did we get anything from his move to Charlton?)
Many felt he was worth more than this and yet again Argyle selling at bargain base prices. At the time I think we did very well to get what we did.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":30o3syqd said:
Whilst Jephcott's goal-scoring record since coming into the side at the beginning of 2020 has been nothing short of remarkable, all other areas of his game need work. I can see the development in his all-round game with almost each match we play. You can see that RL's coaching, and match experience will see him develop into an outstanding centre forward. But he's not there yet. I would love for his amazing upward trajectory to continue with Argyle until at least the end of next season, when we really could be talking big money.
The trouble is, if a Championship team is just looking for goals in January, he absolutely fits the bill now. Could we turn down a bid of £1m in the current climate?

We should definitely turn down any offer unless it’s 2m upwards, otherwise we’ll lose lots of grant cash that is due to be given to L1 and L2 clubs.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Larry David":61szduty said:
According to Alan Nixon we’re in for Lloyd Jones along with Northampton

Really hope we get Lloyd Jones - I personally think he’s a good player and would improve our back 3.