Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Oct 31, 2015
Pettgreen":wstygpxw said:
Knibbsworth":wstygpxw said:
rsp4":wstygpxw said:
jimsing":wstygpxw said:
Let's not get carried away, eh?

He's not ready to go anywhere yet. We have to manage him carefully or he will be forced to take a small step up the ladder instead of a big one.

Agreed this could go 2 X ways for jeppher. Big lucrative move when he and us are ready or a Ben purrington type move.

Really doesn't need to be ,"normal" Argyle for this lads career

What is a Ben Purrington type move?

If I recall Purrington only had 6 months left on his contract. Wanted away so we cashed in and got a decent price for him with all the add ons. (Did we get anything from his move to Charlton?)
Many felt he was worth more than this and yet again Argyle selling at bargain base prices. At the time I think we did very well to get what we did.

Yep this. Cheers for Answering mate :thumbup: . I don't tend to hang around once I have read the new posts.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Just to put the record straight (again) he didn't "want away", far from it. It was Derek Adam's decision to cash in then put a different spin on it, at Ben's reputational expense.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Keep it on topic ffs.

Same people ruining threads by talking tripe.

D

Darren Stoneman

Just to clarify for Jannerincardiff, incoming transfer fees do not impact on grant income from the PL rescue fund, this is based on lost gate revenue , the second set of loans do impact on incoming transfers and not outgoing but do need to be paid back, therefore any income raised from outgoing players is a needed bonus

Aug 5, 2016
Penlee":39tmtjpk said:
Just to put the record straight (again) he didn't "want away", far from it. It was Derek Adam's decision to cash in then put a different spin on it, at Ben's reputational expense.

I was just about to reply the same. I don't remember Purrington having 6 months left on his contract and making it known he wanted to leave. £400,000 would be quite a lot for 6 months of a left back's contract, so I'd assume he had a year or more than that left on it.

Someone who knew him said he was disappointed to be sold at the time.

He has since played in the Championship and/or at the top end of League One. Adams obviously thought £400,000 for a LB he could replace with a £1,000 a week player was a pretty good deal. Sawyer was his first choice LB at the time anyway.

So as I say, I am still not sure what a "Purrington type deal" actually means.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Transfer Roundup guys

How hard is it?

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Yes tugboat totally agree. This has turned in to a jephcott thread not transfer targets. :shocked:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ealinggreen":227tww1v said:
Played all of his football at a much higher level?

He has played 68 games on loan from Everton for 3 Championship clubs during 3 seasons prior to the current one. It follows from this that he has more experience than most CBs coming into Argyle, but it leaves open the question as to why none of these clubs made him a permanent inward transfer, if he offers so much? Will we ever find out.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":2w75yfin said:
ealinggreen":2w75yfin said:
Played all of his football at a much higher level?

He has played 68 games on loan from Everton for 3 Championship clubs during 3 seasons prior to the current one. It follows from this that he has more experience than most CBs coming into Argyle, but it leaves open the question as to why none of these clubs made him a permanent inward transfer, if he offers so much? Will we ever find out.

The alternative view is that Everton have not released him. They don't have to keep a 26yo and play him in Under 23s do they? They have got him on a contract till the end of 2021.
RL, Dewsnip and Schuey have 'local' Everton knowledge.
Maybe we could start 2021 by wanting a player, welcoming a player rather than googling his faults and weaknesses?? :think: