Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":21apo7xw said:
Quintrell_Green":21apo7xw said:
ealinggreen":21apo7xw said:
Played all of his football at a much higher level?

He has played 68 games on loan from Everton for 3 Championship clubs during 3 seasons prior to the current one. It follows from this that he has more experience than most CBs coming into Argyle, but it leaves open the question as to why none of these clubs made him a permanent inward transfer, if he offers so much? Will we ever find out.

The alternative view is that Everton have not released him. They don't have to keep a 26yo and play him in Under 23s do they? They have got him on a contract till the end of 2021.
RL, Dewsnip and Schuey have 'local' Everton knowledge.
Maybe we could start 2021 by wanting a player, welcoming a player rather than googling his faults and weaknesses?? :think:
Has this rumour got any merit pafccasual?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":3h5js6cv said:
Pogleswoody":3h5js6cv said:
Quintrell_Green":3h5js6cv said:
ealinggreen":3h5js6cv said:

He has played 68 games on loan from Everton for 3 Championship clubs during 3 seasons prior to the current one. It follows from this that he has more experience than most CBs coming into Argyle, but it leaves open the question as to why none of these clubs made him a permanent inward transfer, if he offers so much? Will we ever find out.

The alternative view is that Everton have not released him. They don't have to keep a 26yo and play him in Under 23s do they? They have got him on a contract till the end of 2021.
Maybe we could start 2021 by wanting a player, welcoming a player rather than googling his faults and weaknesses?? :think:
Has this rumour got any merit pafccasual?

Problem is, if it has got too much 'merit' then it will have to be moved to a Plymouth Argyle Transfer Proven Fact Round-up. Where's the fun?
Where's the distraction?
Where's the hope? ;)

Jul 24, 2016
George Miller, 22 year old Barnsley forward mentioned on football rumours site - states that loan deal already agreed. Started as a youth with Bury and moved onto Middlesbrough. Loaned back to Bury in 2018.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Raes Lad":1gz3i84l said:
George Miller, 22 year old Barnsley forward mentioned on football rumours site - states that loan deal already agreed. Started as a youth with Bury and moved onto Middlesbrough. Loaned back to Bury in 2018.

He seems to be in favour at Barnsley and currently playing in the first team as a sub in games.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
PL2 3DQ":1dndwzkq said:
Raes Lad":1dndwzkq said:

He seems to be in favour at Barnsley and currently playing in the first team as a sub in games.

He may not be settled or enjoying life there. Let's face it, it is Yorkshire.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark Pedlar":1xv4xu46 said:
PL2 3DQ":1xv4xu46 said:
Raes Lad":1xv4xu46 said:

I read he was born in Bolton, so he cannot be too picky about working in Barnsley, I would have thought.
I see he is the nephew of Nick Halsey, the former Premiership referee. At least he should be educated in the Laws of Football!

Jun 27, 2019
Signing another forward would surely suggest that Telford is moving on, otherwise what is the point of him being here.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Quintrell_Green":1ti9ni41 said:
Mark Pedlar":1ti9ni41 said:
PL2 3DQ":1ti9ni41 said:
Raes Lad":1ti9ni41 said:

I read he was born in Bolton, so he cannot be too picky about working in Barnsley, I would have thought.
I see he is the nephew of Nick Halsey, the former Premiership referee. At least he should be educated in the Laws of Football!

Mark Halsey?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Alan Turing":judnnbe8 said:
Quintrell_Green":judnnbe8 said:
Mark Pedlar":judnnbe8 said:
PL2 3DQ":judnnbe8 said:
Raes Lad":judnnbe8 said:

Mark Halsey?

Mark it is! My mistake.

Aug 5, 2016
Pogleswoody":2cn22nag said:
Quintrell_Green":2cn22nag said:
ealinggreen":2cn22nag said:

I have never heard of Matthew Pennington. So to google him, find out he is 26 and has made only 7 appearances for Everton is a little bizarre.

Why have they kept hold of him for so long without bothering to give him a chance?

His contract expires at the end of the season so chances are he will be keen to get a loan move sorted and line up his next potential employer.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":1r8gmhlz said:
Pogleswoody":1r8gmhlz said:
Quintrell_Green":1r8gmhlz said:
ealinggreen":1r8gmhlz said:

I have never heard of Matthew Pennington. So to google him, find out he is 26 and has made only 7 appearances for Everton is a little bizarre.

Why have they kept hold of him for so long without bothering to give him a chance?

His contract expires at the end of the season so chances are he will be keen to get a loan move sorted and line up his next potential employer.

He has picked up quite a few Player of the Month/Season in his loan travels. Maybe Everton 'trust' him to be a good back up if they have a similar injury run to that club across the park? Premier clubs have a lot of money, if they can pay a good player enough to keep him whilst he plays for other clubs on loan? Why not. They can then sign fancy dan foreign players that Prem fans/owners seem to love and play them.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Pedro.....good to see that you are still around....and quite agree ....can't see any transfers under the current restrictions....we have what we have.....

May 3, 2016
If that's the case Alan then I fear we may be relegated as this team are not good enough.

I would love to be proven wrong - but after last night Oxford were better in all departments, and I class them as average, nothing on the bench to change a game, worrying times for Ryan, I said a few weeks ago Mr Hallett will need to get the cheque book out, with all these restrictions etc we may have to go with what we have - frightening :-C