Plymouth Argyle v Accrington Stanley - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Accrington Stanley - the build up

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Paul Smyth: QPR loan striker to Accrington Stanley after Charlton recall

Sep 2, 2008
edmonds200":30bepa3b said:
IJN":30bepa3b said:
We can thank Ladapo and his antics for that!

One down from Swan in my book.
That guy was an absolute disgrace - if only people knew his antics they mat have had a bit more respect for DA

I always was and still am a fan of DA. He seemed to me to be a man of high moral standing and it was a shame that he had to leave as he did. Some of those players in that team really should hang their heads in shame but those type of footballers being what they are, I'm pretty sure they weren't bothered in the least. He reminds me of a lower league David Moyes and I'm sure he will learn from his time with Argyle and go on to bigger and better things in the future.

Sep 2, 2008
Ottawa Green":x53m6m22 said:
Paul Smyth: QPR loan striker to Accrington Stanley after Charlton recall

Seen him play a few times and was impressed. Our back line will need to be on their toes if he's in the team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Hopefully this will be a good game. Two teams who want to play. I've always liked Jon Coleman, Accrington always look to play in the right way and the job he's done there is phenomenal.

May 26, 2015
IJN":3hhxfzcz said:
We can thank Ladapo and his antics for that!

One down from Swan in my book.

:furious:

IJN, With all due respect to you, as owner of Pasoti, you seem to have something against Ladapo, with many of your posts casting aspersions.

What antics are you referring to, and what evidence do you have? If you are relying on mere hearsay, you may better advised to withhold your comments on this matter.

After all, I seem to recall that Freddie was by far our leading scorer that season. I got to the Stanley game in good time to see Freddie and Ruben L having a chat on the pitch on their own, and they acknowledged my cheers. Little did I know that the clown Adams had dropped both of his best players.

So, please provide your evidence, or lay off Freddie

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Pottypilgrim":3teg3kts said:
I always was and still am a fan of DA. He seemed to me to be a man of high moral standing and it was a shame that he had to leave as he did. Some of those players in that team really should hang their heads in shame but those type of footballers being what they are, I'm pretty sure they weren't bothered in the least. He reminds me of a lower league David Moyes and I'm sure he will learn from his time with Argyle and go on to bigger and better things in the future.

He's already doing well with Morecambe (or, ex-Argyle FC) :thumbup: :scarf:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I wasn't a big Adams fan and the time was right for him to go, but he wasn't necessarily in control of events during the lead up to the Accrington debacle, it wouldn't be appropriate to repeat those things until Adams one day makes them public if he wants to.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
RochdaleGreen":1jotwtio said:
IJN, With all due respect to you, as owner of Pasoti, you seem to have something against Ladapo, with many of your posts casting aspersions.

What antics are you referring to, and what evidence do you have? If you are relying on mere hearsay, you may better advised to withhold your comments on this matter.

After all, I seem to recall that Freddie was by far our leading scorer that season. I got to the Stanley game in good time to see Freddie and Ruben L having a chat on the pitch on their own, and they acknowledged my cheers. Little did I know that the clown Adams had dropped both of his best players.

So, please provide your evidence, or lay off Freddie

A) Why put that in about being owner of Pasoti? It has nothing to do with what I've heard.
B) I wasn't there obviously, so you are correct it is hearsay. However, I trust the people who told me as they were.
C) "So, please provide your evidence, or lay off Freddie"- Sorry won't do. I'll never lay off him, as I don't off Swan or Holloway. I'm an Argyle fan, so excuse me if I drone on for a few more years yet. I don't ever moan about the decent people, just the people that cause pain to our club.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Cobi Budge":uuujzmop said:
Ladapo's goals were not worth having him at the club. I think that's the best way to put it.

Cobi we very rarely agree but on this statement we 100% do. If DA had managed to sell in Jan we would have finished top half even without Ladapos goals - The guy was poison

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Metal_Green_Mickey":1n03a0qx said:
This game is an excellent test for Argyle.

A team in good position in the league. A team that plays good football. Most importantly a team built by a good manager. Talks really well about football. This is definitely worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisSf-pm1pE

This is the type of opposition you play to see the current level of where our team is at.

I hope we're prepared to be pressed high up the pitch!

Sep 6, 2006
PlymOdi":234w001v said:
I doubt it was as straight forward, or one sided as people make out with Ladapo. It rarely is.

Also at the end of the day DA signed Ladapo so has to accept responsibility. And its not just down to one player. The others should have risen above whatever may or may not have taken place.
IJN has been unequivocal in his contempt for the player so I don't see why he can't say what the rumours were without naming sources. Whatever it is is unlikely to paint him in a worse light than vague references already alluded to.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I heard he was a disruptive influence in the squad.