Poll: When will we "turn the corner"? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Poll: When will we "turn the corner"?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":smr12n9f said:
Steve, you’ve been told several times Ollie Osbourne’s name.

If you’re going to level uninformed judgments on his performance, at least do him the courtesy of getting his name right.
it's nothing personal i just can't remember his name.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1kdg0rk6 said:
start playing our own talent.
Who was the most talented player we had last season?

I'll give you the answer: Zak Vyner.

Just because we've made a couple of iffy loan signings this season doesn't mean you need to write off the entire loan market ffs.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Dan Ellard":e9guvsed said:
Steve Evans":e9guvsed said:

Just because we've made a couple of iffy loan signings this season doesn't mean you need to write off the entire loan market ffs.

Why Vyner it was Carey who got POTS?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":m930vxyq said:
Dan Ellard":m930vxyq said:
Steve Evans":m930vxyq said:

Why Vyner it was Carey who got POTS?
Because he was only here for 3 months. We got 30 points from the 17 games Vyner played in, that is borderline title winning form. It ain't a coincidence. He's also now playing regularly in the Championship.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
xmastree":6vfz447k said:
Biggs":6vfz447k said:

If you’re going to level uninformed judgments on his performance, at least do him the courtesy of getting his name right.

If you're going to have a go at Steve about this, it might be nice if you did him the courtesy of spelling the guy's surname right. It's Osborne.

Fair cop :lol:

The point remains though.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":3ait20c6 said:
Steve Evans":3ait20c6 said:
i think we will turn the corner when derek plays positive football and employs a capable assistant to produce this.the departures of wooton,nancekiville,willmot and ollie whatsisname will be a major step forward.also,we need derek to cease his stubborness,return macey and o'keefe and start playing our own talent.

:doh: :doh:

I think the one thing we need in a relegation battle when we are struggling for confidence physicality leadership etc is to put some untried lightweight young lads into the fray. Brilliant!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":l1z0wz5s said:
r4h4al":l1z0wz5s said:
Steve Evans":l1z0wz5s said:
i think we will turn the corner when derek plays positive football and employs a capable assistant to produce this.the departures of wooton,nancekiville,willmot and ollie whatsisname will be a major step forward.also,we need derek to cease his stubborness,return macey and o'keefe and start playing our own talent.

I think the one thing we need in a relegation battle when we are struggling for confidence physicality leadership etc is to put some untried lightweight young lads into the fray. Brilliant!
i agree balham.'tis time to give youth their chance.cooper in goal with fletcher up front with taylor and i would put hodges and peck on the bench to put pressure on their positions.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":11kgyc1v said:

do you think mister osborne has made a good impact on the club?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":3ctmmbjk said:
Biggs":3ctmmbjk said:

How am I meant to know, without having access to fitness stats, physical conditioning, body fat ratios etc etc from before and after his arrival?

The fitness coach has a completely different remit to the manager and results are completely out of his control. We may as well blame the tea lady.

I don't think our problems have anything to do with fitness, put it that way. Things like getting to the ball first and being run ragged are more to do with tactical shape, anticipation, motivation and confidence than base fitness.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":39ckjfj1 said:
Balham_Green":39ckjfj1 said:
r4h4al":39ckjfj1 said:
Steve Evans":39ckjfj1 said:

i agree balham.'tis time to give youth their chance.cooper in goal with fletcher up front with taylor and i would put hodges and peck on the bench to put pressure on their positions.

Surely there must be some school boys to play at centre half also.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":1mp1g6vm said:
Steve Evans":1mp1g6vm said:
Biggs":1mp1g6vm said:

How am I meant to know, without having access to fitness stats, physical conditioning, body fat ratios etc etc from before and after his arrival?

The fitness coach has a completely different remit to the manager and results are completely out of his control. We may as well blame the tea lady.

I don't think our problems have anything to do with fitness, put it that way. Things like getting to the ball first and being run ragged are more to do with tactical shape, anticipation, motivation and confidence than base fitness.

Ah so you admit Adams tactics are wrong!

May 1, 2011
Steve Evans":2wo5qiyv said:
Balham_Green":2wo5qiyv said:
r4h4al":2wo5qiyv said:
Steve Evans":2wo5qiyv said:

Are you for real?? You'd probably get Tyler Harvey back as well.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Re Balham... There does seem to be this bizarre assumption that myself and a few others are 'Adams worshippers' and can see no wrong with him at all. That's not true, so of course he regularly gets tactics wrong, as most managers do.

There are loads of pros about Derek Adams and loads of cons. For me, the pros throughout his reign have outnumbered the cons, and in football that is surprisingly rare to come across over a sustained period of time. That's basically my current position, but if we get relegated then the cons will outnumber the pros and he should go.

Either way, I'm pretty sure Ollie Osborne isn't the problem.