Possible Spurs Loanees | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Possible Spurs Loanees

Mar 7, 2009
pilgrim_steve":3b8jym5n said:
McQ":3b8jym5n said:
pontypoolgreen":3b8jym5n said:
I wonder who they are eyeing up to go the other way??

Normally prem loans are one way, they have the quality we can't afford, they need experience which we can help with.

So the fact you have mentioned it means that these loans are a sweetener for the sale of one of ours.

I would say the only 2 we have that could interest Harry are Mason and Reda. You have already mentioned on the Reda thread that a move for him by a Prem team may not be out of the realms of fantasy, so putting 2 and 2 together i would say we are seeling Johnson to Spurs and getting 2 young'uns to grease the wheels.......been watching to much Sherlock

The only spanner in the theory is the 25 man squad rule, which would be quite a risk to put an untried over 21 year old foreigner into the 25.

ok I'll stop rambling now.....close or not?

Watson can you verify?

I'm not Watson, but that theory sounds good.

Sherlock was great wasn't it? :)

T

Tim Chown

So what price on Reda and/or Mason?

If Gosling was a £2m package then Mason must be at least the same.

Mar 7, 2009
GreenGuy":2c28ezjy said:
So what price on Reda and/or Mason?

If Gosling was a £2m package then Mason must be at least the same.

I think it's Reda.

I'm hoping for 2 loanees plus a hefty sum.

B

Block121Lad

Obika and Andros Townsend to sign next week on loan,not Jake Livermore

B

Block121Lad

pilgrim_pete":20alr28z said:
BLOCK12LAD":20alr28z said:
Obika and Andros Townsend to sign next week on loan,not Jake Livermore

Source? :)

From a poster on one of the Spurs' messageboards who said that Button would be signing a week before it happened

Mar 5, 2006
Ipswich
This rumour does seem to be gathering some momentum from somewhere! Would love to see the two lads named from Spurs at Argyle but would be very sad to see a player of Reda's ability go!
Any idea what sort of figure we are talking about if this rumour does have legs?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Thought it was odd when interviewed by Chris Hargreaves that Peter Reid did not mention Joe Mason amongst his striking options this season, also when he chose Rory P to come on and partner Rory F towards the end on Saturday. I would not want to lose Reda or Joe ideally.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Personally, I don't think Reda or Joe will be going the other way, especially not Mason - Reid has already stated how talented he is, and as for Reda, well, we wouldn't miss him as such, he's barely played, but I'd be desperate for them both to stay. I believe we'll get a Spurs player or two in on loan, but none of our players will go the other way - I'm pretty confident of that.

D

deanthegreenmachine

I think we may see one or 2 players in and out this week, spurs are havin a shake up by all accounts, heard Pav is going to birmingham, and livermore to derby, so there may be something in this rumour, i cant see spurs taking mason tho, its too early for him, he didnt feature at qpr or saints, so i doubt hes been scouted yet properly, i would think BWP and siep are the ones looking to be moved on this week and possibly noone out again on loan

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Spurs supporting mate is checking it out, family of season ticket holders, says the following about the 4 discussed here....

Obika - small striker, scores for fun, similar to Defoe.
Townsend - pacy skillful winger
Parratt - really creative midfielder, absolute dog's bollox :)
Livermore - big defensive midfielder, a bit like Huddlestone, less technique but more mobile.

Parratt and Townsend best of the bunch apparently. From that I'd say Obika and Parratt are the ones we'd want. Both in positions we need filling. Can't see much point in bringing in the other 2, already have Fletch and Peterlin as deep midfielders and Noone and Bolasie as skillful wingers on the left, and Noone proven at this level.

Aug 22, 2006
Lobster":3atiu3ql said:
Spurs supporting mate is checking it out, family of season ticket holders, says the following about the 4 discussed here....

Obika - small striker, scores for fun, similar to Defoe.
Townsend - pacy skillful winger
Parratt - really creative midfielder, absolute dog's bollox :)Livermore - big defensive midfielder, a bit like Huddlestone, less technique but more mobile.

Parratt and Townsend best of the bunch apparently. From that I'd say Obika and Parratt are the ones we'd want. Both in positions we need filling. Can't see much point in bringing in the other 2, already have Fletch and Peterlin as deep midfielders and Noone and Bolasie as skillful wingers on the left, and Noone proven at this level.

Cheers for the information Lobster. I think you're spot on with the 2 i'd hope to get down here.
When a workmate of mine went to interview the Spurs boss last week, they spoke about the young players on their books. 'Arry mentioned the fact that Button had just come down to us and was trying to sort out a similar deal for Parrett to join us. I think our only 2 stumbling blocks would be:
1) Will he want to come all the way down to us
2) Other clubs are sniffing around including championship clubs like Leeds.

I'm hopeful but you know how these things can hit you in the face.
BTW - Obika, Townsend and Parratt along with Bostock all played against us in the youth cup at the end of the 08-09 season. Some of you may have been there. We lost 0-3.