Possible Spurs Loanees | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Possible Spurs Loanees

G

Gareth Nicholson

Wikipedia tells me Obika's middle name is Chiedozie. Wonder if he's any relation to the onetime Spurs winger John Chiedozie?

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Mario":1ns5odrr said:
Neilio":1ns5odrr said:
Lobster":1ns5odrr said:
Obika - small striker, scores for fun, similar to Defoe.

I've seen Obika play on a couple of occasions and I'm 100% sure he's not small, but he is pacy.

Six foot

No offence to you Lobster, but your Spurs mate doesn't seem to know too much? It's like saying Mason is a strapping target man, or Fallon is a striker!

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Neilio":3flih5fx said:
Mario":3flih5fx said:
Neilio":3flih5fx said:
Lobster":3flih5fx said:

I've seen Obika play on a couple of occasions and I'm 100% sure he's not small, but he is pacy.

Six foot

No offence to you Lobster, but your Spurs mate doesn't seem to know too much? It's like saying Mason is a strapping target man, or Fallon is a striker!

Looking at his record he doesn't score for fun either :lol:

G

Gareth Nicholson

Neilio":33ap6i6x said:
Mario":33ap6i6x said:
Neilio":33ap6i6x said:
Lobster":33ap6i6x said:

Six foot

Cheap shot.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Gareth Nicholson":3ehcd9ll said:
Neilio":3ehcd9ll said:
Mario":3ehcd9ll said:
Neilio":3ehcd9ll said:
Lobster":3ehcd9ll said:

Six foot

Cheap shot.

In jest.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Mario":1aikyk85 said:
Neilio":1aikyk85 said:
Mario":1aikyk85 said:
Neilio":1aikyk85 said:
Lobster":1aikyk85 said:

Six foot

Looking at his record he doesn't score for fun either :lol:

Well he got the small bit wrong, but he did score a bunch for the Spurs youth teams so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
:)
If he's right about Parratt and we get him I'll be happy enough.

Mar 7, 2009
6 in 22 in a club fighting against relegation is pretty good.

That's about 12/13 over a season, and taking into account the better service then I'd be happy with getting him.

Aug 22, 2006
pilgrim_pete":266y1lm6 said:

That's about 12/13 over a season, and taking into account the better service then I'd be happy with getting him.

That's true Pete - not sure where you're coming from Mario -
His record reads (for Yoevil and Millwall):
APP 23 starts (21 as sub) GOALS 12

That's not bad for a young chap - I would imagine if he had gone on loan to a league 2 side he may have been more prolific...

Also how do we know he wasn't slight in stature 2-3 seasons ago when he was banging goals for fun as a 17 year old in Spurs' academy? That's where Lobsters mate probably saw him - he probably wasn't that bulky.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
MAZZA26":3ovjc5zs said:
pilgrim_pete":3ovjc5zs said:

That's not bad for a young chap - I would imagine if he had gone on loan to a league 2 side he may have been more prolific...

Also how do we know he wasn't slight in stature 2-3 seasons ago when he was banging goals for fun as a 17 year old in Spurs' academy? That's where Lobsters mate probably saw him - he probably wasn't that bulky.

My point was it is hardly 'banging in the goals'. The Spurs website makes no note of him being a profilic scorer in their youth teams.. 16 in a season being his only note, and lets face it; at youth level that's hardly fantastic.

I think he'll be signed as a more mobile Rory Fallon.

Mar 2, 2008
Mario":1hvcnher said:
MAZZA26":1hvcnher said:
pilgrim_pete":1hvcnher said:

My point was it is hardly 'banging in the goals'. The Spurs website makes no note of him being a profilic scorer in their youth teams.. 16 in a season being his only note, and lets face it; at youth level that's hardly fantastic.

I think he'll be signed as a more mobile Rory Fallon.

Mario, you are obsessed with strikers goals ratios.
Yes, I know strikers are supposed to score goals in general but sometimes they bring more attributes to the game. These attributes might lead to our current strikers hitting the onion bag more often.

Aug 9, 2010
Torbay
Devonian Spurs fan here, so I keep an eye on here aswell. Long time lurker.

Parrett is more a tough tackler, a grafter. Was one of the men of the match when we played Bournemouth in pre-season. Would do well at Argyle. One with a big future ahead of him.

Obika is pretty good, quite strong. Would be better as a target man of sorts with a smaller, pacy striker to work off.

Townsend is an exciting prospect. Played alot of our pre-season games (most notably against Sporting, Benfica and a cameo against Fiorentina if I remember them all correctly) and there was even talk that we might hang onto him as a squad player this year. Would be brilliant at Argyle.

He's a tricky winger and you'll be on the edge of your seats when he's pacing down the wing. I admittedly haven't seen much of Bolasie or Bhasera on the left, but Townsend can be a match winner and really make a difference in my opinion.

There's talk on Spurs forums that we might be loaning you Obika and Townsend, and Reda Johnson might be coming to us on loan as back up - From a pretty strong source, someone who has Argyle connections and called the Button loan before it was confirmed. Not sure what to think really. Considering we have this squad limit of 25 players I'll be very surprised if he does come, but with our lack of transfer activity, I think he'll be welcomed enough just for being a new player, haha. That said, I believe the source.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Schitzophonic":twmd4s6y said:
Devonian Spurs fan here, so I keep an eye on here aswell. Long time lurker.

Parrett is more a tough tackler, a grafter. Was one of the men of the match when we played Bournemouth in pre-season. Would do well at Argyle. One with a big future ahead of him.

Obika is pretty good, quite strong. Would be better as a target man of sorts with a smaller, pacy striker to work off.

Townsend is an exciting prospect. Played alot of our pre-season games (most notably against Sporting, Benfica and a cameo against Fiorentina if I remember them all correctly) and there was even talk that we might hang onto him as a squad player this year. Would be brilliant at Argyle.

He's a tricky winger and you'll be on the edge of your seats when he's pacing down the wing. I admittedly haven't seen much of Bolasie or Bhasera on the left, but Townsend can be a match winner and really make a difference in my opinion.

There's talk on Spurs forums that we might be loaning you Obika and Townsend, and Reda Johnson might be coming to us on loan as back up - From a pretty strong source, someone who has Argyle connections and called the Button loan before it was confirmed. Not sure what to think really. Considering we have this squad limit of 25 players I'll be very surprised if he does come, but with our lack of transfer activity, I think he'll be welcomed enough just for being a new player, haha. That said, I believe the source.

I'd have thought another injury prone centre back is the last thing you need...