Possible Spurs Loanees | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Possible Spurs Loanees

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
i dont think you should use that word around Ponty :)

Aug 9, 2010
Torbay
Ponty, you don't happen to be the source that the user on the Spurs forum has, do you? Haha. If not though, that's two separate people saying it.

Feb 8, 2009
Reda Johnson to Spurs?? What the ??

Surprised we're in for Obika, Townsend, Livermore etc if true .. would have thought they'd all be looking at Championship clubs. Don't get why we're after Townsend though, he's basically like another Craig Noone. .. thought we were ok down left wing.

Aug 9, 2010
Torbay
I've seen Noone play a handful of times at Home Park and was pretty underwhelmed. I'm trying not to be biased, but Townsend is alot more exciting to watch, and is more likely to get assists.

I think maybe it's a case of Reid and Redknapp having a good relationship, and Redknapp having a soft spot for Devon. That's why he's willing to help out, I think.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Plympton Pong":4w3sp9y6 said:
Mario":4w3sp9y6 said:
MAZZA26":4w3sp9y6 said:
pilgrim_pete":4w3sp9y6 said:
6 in 22 in a club fighting against relegation is pretty good.

That's about 12/13 over a season, and taking into account the better service then I'd be happy with getting him.

That's true Pete - not sure where you're coming from Mario -
His record reads (for Yoevil and Millwall):
APP 23 starts (21 as sub) GOALS 12

That's not bad for a young chap - I would imagine if he had gone on loan to a league 2 side he may have been more prolific...

Also how do we know he wasn't slight in stature 2-3 seasons ago when he was banging goals for fun as a 17 year old in Spurs' academy? That's where Lobsters mate probably saw him - he probably wasn't that bulky.

My point was it is hardly 'banging in the goals'. The Spurs website makes no note of him being a profilic scorer in their youth teams.. 16 in a season being his only note, and lets face it; at youth level that's hardly fantastic.

I think he'll be signed as a more mobile Rory Fallon.

Mario, you are obsessed with strikers goals ratios.
Yes, I know strikers are supposed to score goals in general but sometimes they bring more attributes to the game. These attributes might lead to our current strikers hitting the onion bag more often.

I'm not though? I've backed up players like Trigger and Maclean as link players many a time.

In fact, where you quoted me I said I think he will be a more mobile Rory Fallon. I think you may have just said exactly what I said, so where's the argument? :lol:

I said he wasn't a goalscorer because somebody on here said he 'banged em in'.

Feb 8, 2009
Schitzophonic":2a3s9bo9 said:
I've seen Noone play a handful of times at Home Park and was pretty underwhelmed. I'm trying not to be biased, but Townsend is alot more exciting to watch, and is more likely to get assists.

I think maybe it's a case of Reid and Redknapp having a good relationship, and Redknapp having a soft spot for Devon. That's why he's willing to help out, I think.

Ye you're probably right .. but I meant more in terms of 2 players of exact same type .. thought we were ok down the left wing.

T

Tim Chown

If Reid doesn't rate Noone then a new winger is perfectly possible...

Feb 29, 2008
TBH Noone has been raved about since his début (which was different class) then has been pretty well marked out of every match since then.

D

deanthegreenmachine

So are these spurs players coming down today for a look around, meet the boss, watch the match and fly back tomorow, staying at jurys, :wink:

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
deanthegreenmachine":24lbv7d2 said:
So are these spurs players coming down today for a look around, meet the boss, watch the match and fly back tomorow, staying at jurys, :wink:

Interesting. However, we don't know who 'these' players are? We know it could be one or two of Obika, Parrat or Townsend. I'd take Parrat and Obika.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Devonportender":s629jsgd said:
I'd take all three. Have a little Spurs enclave. Great pitch to play on, top manager to help them progress, easy for the scout to watch several players at once! :)

It could make it the largest number of Spurs players on the pitch at Argyle since 04.01.62.?

D

deanthegreenmachine

Devonportender":1ch2fby4 said:
I'd take all three. Have a little Spurs enclave. Great pitch to play on, top manager to help them progress, easy for the scout to watch several players at once! :)

:iagree: