Investment thread (merged) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Investment thread (merged)

Sep 3, 2011
It shouldn’t be one or the other.

We could have had a greater plying budget and an extra year or two on the Brickfields project being funded by future tv money / player sales.

Signing Azaz (2.5 million) keeps us up comfortably. The loss of tv money if relegated is so much more than this.
You're assuming Azaz would have agreed personal terms. I'm almost 100% certain his wage expectations would comfortably make him the highest earner at the club, thus breaking the wage structure.

Apr 2, 2024
True.
You're assuming Azaz would have agreed personal terms. I'm almost 100% certain his wage expectations would comfortably make him the highest earner at the club, thus breaking the wage structure.
True.

It’s a shame we didn’t sign him in the summer when we had a better chance.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
Fag packet maths which maybe miles off the mark.

2022/23 budget 4mil, this year doubled to 8mil roughly.

Simon is looking to sell 20%. He has invested 15m in the grandstand plus 11mil in Brickfields. With other bits, maybe 35mil in total? 20% would be roughly 7mil.

From the interview the hint is that any investment will be for the team. So say 8mil increases to 10 or 12mil if we stay up with new TV money and we add 7mil to that, could we be looking at 17-20mil playing budget next season?

That much would put us very much in the lower top half I reckon. I don't think it's far away as SH said without it we would be looking at a relegation battle again and with it we shouldn't be.
I’m sure Simon said it will be for infrastructure as well as first team. So I doubt we will be putting huge amounts of the split into squad. When assets seem to be the more important option. And you could say that’s a good thing for the future of the club. Last thing we want is put the entire % into the first team squad. And then the investor/ investors leave and we have a issue with financing the gap

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Fag packet maths which maybe miles off the mark.

2022/23 budget 4mil, this year doubled to 8mil roughly.

Simon is looking to sell 20%. He has invested 15m in the grandstand plus 11mil in Brickfields. With other bits, maybe 35mil in total? 20% would be roughly 7mil.

From the interview the hint is that any investment will be for the team. So say 8mil increases to 10 or 12mil if we stay up with new TV money and we add 7mil to that, could we be looking at 17-20mil playing budget next season?

That much would put us very much in the lower top half I reckon. I don't think it's far away as SH said without it we would be looking at a relegation battle again and with it we shouldn't be.
But that lasts one season and then you need another £7m+ the next season and the season after and the season after that etc. £7m one-off investment might increase the budget by maybe £2m per year for a few years. And then what?

Feb 8, 2005
I haven’t said anything about recruitment!

I have said his reign as Argyle chairman will be stained by this relegation. Indeed he will have 2 relegations on his watch.

I don’t think it is stupid to say in January or last summer “take £5 mill of the Brickfields money, get Azaz and 2 more in the transfer window, stay up and use next years tv money to pay the 5 million back to Brickfields project”.

This type of attitude may have seen Schumacher remain as our manager.

Sadly, we have a significant possibility of being relegated and getting out of League 1 is very hard.
I do!!!!!

Reactions: Green rottie
Apr 2, 2024
Well, we lose £12 million in tv money if we are relegated and are far less attractive to investors.

Feb 8, 2005
Well, we lose £12 million in tv money if we are relegated and are far less attractive to investors.
That's football. Get used to it.

You cannot always get your own way.

What's best for the club isn't always best for the supporter.

Feb 8, 2005
"So if we are to achieve the goal of getting a new investor who is going to help fund not just the infrastructure but a bit more money into the squad then that's going to have to be by the transfer window.

"If we can't we are going to be competing at the bottom half of the Championship like we have been this season."

Oct 31, 2015
Not snide.

Maybe challenging.

Part of his role is to prepare the club to challenge. To seek out investment. To not spend 21 million on Brickfields when 5 million would have secured our status this year.
School starts again next week👍

Reactions: green pants

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
West Brom accounts up to June 2023 show they paid £46 million in wages. To finish ninth.

FORTY SIX MILLION POUNDS!

To finish ninth!

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The Championship is full of Basket Case Clubs desperate to reach the promised land of the Premier League
Owners throwing millions & millions at it in player transfers hoping the players will deliver
To some owners buyer beware does not apply
Luton last year bucked the trend when they got promoted through the playoffs