Potential new signing today (Timmy Abraham - confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Potential new signing today (Timmy Abraham - confirmed)

Sep 6, 2006
Reading some of the stuff on here you would think we are riding high in the Championship or at least on the verge of promotion.
Lets have some balance that's all
Yes we are 8th after 5 games. Big fing deal. 2 points above 16th and couple of teams have games in hand.
How about 1 win in last 6 and that against a terrible team who lost most of their players in the Summer due to finances and had several injuries? Even then we scored 2 lucky goals and they missed a sitter.
I'm not complaining just being realistic. Those are the facts. I also judge on performances not the simplistic 'oh we won so everything must be great' argument. Win the next 5 and I will be converted.
Off the field things are promising sure, but forgive me for not being optimistic when we dont even know when fans will be allowed in again despite assurances from Owl. (he's been quiet lately- another example of blind optimism).
So lets not have all this some of most exciting times for last 40 years nonsense. A couple of defeats and it will no doubt be the opposite from similar posters. And lets not have all this 'oh you can't be a real supporter' stuff.
Only thing that concerns me is I am agreeing with Oldage. :facepalm:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Things change. 40yrs ago there ware only 3 channels to watch on telly; if you saw someone driving a Mercedes, you thought they were special; pop music was listenable and Argyle were regulars in the second division.

Anyone who is disappointed because we aren’t the club we are 40yrs ago will continue to be disappointed. Live for the moment, enjoy the ups and downs and accept what’s happening now instead of looking back to the past and maybe, like me, they’ll get a bit more enjoyment from the game.

Jul 12, 2016
Ponty":tnzq7cp6 said:
oldage":tnzq7cp6 said:
Mark Pedlar":tnzq7cp6 said:
oldage":tnzq7cp6 said:
Ultimately no matter what opinions we have the one thing we have in common is that we are all fans who want the best for our club.

There are one or two of you who make me wonder at times.
What is wrong with some people.I have supported Argyle through good and bad times for over 50 years and I am entitled to an opinion. If you don't like what I say feel free to block me.
Whilst I don't agree with a lot of your views you put them across in a balanced non aggressive way without I being rude. I'm happy to keep reading your debates, if we all had the same view it would be pretty bland on here. That said I'm looking forward to three more points today and a start to the season that I'm happy with.
:thumbup: Also hoping for three points today. Could be a load of old cobblers!

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":2x4eroun said:
Things change. 40yrs ago there ware only 3 channels to watch on telly; if you saw someone driving a Mercedes, you thought they were special; pop music was listenable and Argyle were regulars in the second division.

Anyone who is disappointed because we aren’t the club we are 40yrs ago will continue to be disappointed. Live for the moment, enjoy the ups and downs and accept what’s happening now instead of looking back to the past and maybe, like me, they’ll get a bit more enjoyment from the game.

Nope we weren't regulars in the second division! Thanks for the philosophy lesson Plato.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Happy to be of assistance Victor.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":289yge0r said:
DartingtonPilgrim":289yge0r said:
oldage":289yge0r said:
Cobi Budge":289yge0r said:
People when we aren't signing players: Why aren't we signing anyone? Grrrrr.

Those same people when we are signing players: Why are we signing so many players? Grrrrr.
Fact we are in a pandemic with no end in sight
Fact Hallett says he has paid his last bailout.
Fact Only eleven players +subs can play in a game
Fact RL appears to be signing players for the sake of it.
No wonder some fans are concerned.

Fact , you are moaning for the sake of it .
Who is moaning? I am merely pointing out actual facts !

'Appears to be' is not an 'actual' fact. Or even an 'alternative' fact. It's an opinion, to which you're entitled of course. No more, no less. FACT

Dec 3, 2005
Let us hope that today's game is as entertaining as reading the comments on this thread have been.

Good job we ALL support the same team!

Anyhow, welcome Timmy Abraham, I hope you have a successful time at Home Park.

Sorry did I just take this thread back to the topic it was originally - i apologise for that, how silly of me.

:scarf:

Jan 27, 2012
I would have thought the priority was for a good quality central defender rather than another striker.

Hallett deserves yet more credit for funding this squad.

Jul 12, 2016
Lesley Somerville":2bjtzufl said:
oldage":2bjtzufl said:
DartingtonPilgrim":2bjtzufl said:
oldage":2bjtzufl said:
Cobi Budge":2bjtzufl said:

Those same people when we are signing players: Why are we signing so many players? Grrrrr.

'Appears to be' is not an 'actual' fact. Or even an 'alternative' fact. It's an opinion, to which you're entitled of course. No more, no less. FACT
I've already been corrected on that point.Keep up!

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
evil_dave86":1zmzf334 said:
A right sided wing back would have been my priority over an additional forward.
Moore and Edwards look a bit sub par at this level. Especially since how important the wing back role is in the formation Lowe plays.

As always you can't judge a player until he's played a few games. Whoever he is, whatever his reputation.

Mine too, but I can understand the new Striker.

Good luck Timmy!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":se8uz6pw said:
Lesley Somerville":se8uz6pw said:
DartingtonPilgrim":se8uz6pw said:
Cobi Budge":se8uz6pw said:

I've already been corrected on that point.Keep up!

Wasn't sure it had sunk in ;)