Potential signings from League 2 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Potential signings from League 2

Jan 27, 2012
Out of the loan players on the books, Hardie would also be my first choice to sign. From what I have seen of Hardie so far,he looks like the real deal.

However, I do wonder if we will see very much transfer activity within Leagues One or Two . Although clubs are committed to paying players currently under contract, they may be unwilling to hand out many new contracts.

In Hardie's case, even if Blackpool were prepared to let him leave the club on a free transfer (seems unlikely) would Argyle be prepared to match his current wages at Blackpool ? Given the financial hit all clubs have taken, I somehow doubt that Argyle would be able to do that.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
xmastree":1fdkfmtm said:
Dreamgreen":1fdkfmtm said:
I appreciate one swallow does not make a summer and all that, but based on all the games I saw this season, the most impressive player I saw was Jaiyesimi of Swindon.

Agreed, good player. Whether, as a loanee from a Prem club, he counts as a L2 player, I'm not sure.

Just released by Norwich. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Swindon, but he’s available...

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
gaspargomez":19as9suk said:
Out of the loan players on the books, Hardie would also be my first choice to sign.

As mentioned above, good strikers are a very rare commodity.

From what I have seen of Hardie so far,he looks like the real deal to me.

Agreed. A player who I think will go on to have a good career Championship level. Would be an excellent investment for us.

I can’t get on board with paying for Cooper. A good player, but ultimately not good enough to make our first XI in his actual position and probably not good enough to play in a defensive role in a higher league. If we are changing formation to use wingers, then absolutely, but I find that unlikely.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Agree re Cooper. A bit of a luxury player. Can’t argue with his assist stats, but his crossing was very mediocre and he definitely didn’t have the stamina to cover back at times. Peterborough fans didn’t rate him and there’s no reason to feel he would be able to step up to L1, although I realise he is young.

Jun 27, 2019
Cooper is a midfielder playing at wingback and is still only in his early 20s. He finished joint second in the division for assists; one of only four players to reach double figures despite only making 24 starts (that's one assist every two starts).

And people say his crossing isn't very good? If it was any better he wouldn't be playing for us!

There's much, much more to come from him and if I had the money to buy him I'd give it to Peterborough myself.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":1olx1akd said:
Cooper is a midfielder playing at wingback and is still only in his early 20s. He finished joint second in the division for assists; one of only four players to reach double figures despite only making 24 starts (that's one assist every two starts).

And people say his crossing isn't very good? If it was any better he wouldn't be playing for us!

There's much, much more to come from him and if I had the money to buy him I'd give it to Peterborough myself.

Saw every home game and five aways. His crossing is definitely below standard, but respect your opinion. Would like to see his crossing stats. Like I say, would much rather have Hardie. I guess if Cooper is that good, the Posh will want to keep him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Nobby":2p7cvb88 said:
xmastree":2p7cvb88 said:
Dreamgreen":2p7cvb88 said:
I appreciate one swallow does not make a summer and all that, but based on all the games I saw this season, the most impressive player I saw was Jaiyesimi of Swindon.

Agreed, good player. Whether, as a loanee from a Prem club, he counts as a L2 player, I'm not sure.

Just released by Norwich. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Swindon, but he’s available...

The same Swindon that are in a bit of bother at the moment..

Jul 12, 2016
I think you'll find they are not alone. We also need to be realistic.
Given the current situation I cannot see Simon Hallett spending much money to secure new players. He has done very well investing in the club but he does not have a bottomless pit of money.Next season whenever it starts will be one of consolidation only.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":3ige28tb said:
We scored half of our goals from his supposed poor crossing!

Is that a stat or your perception Knibbs? My perception was he either failed to clear the first defender with his crosses, or over hit them on many occasions, but if you are quoting stats fair enough.

oldage":hqlvtc67 said:
I think you'll find they are not alone. We also need to be realistic.
Given the current situation I cannot see Simon Hallett spending much money to secure new players. He has done very well investing in the club but he does not have a bottomless pit of money.Next season whenever it starts will be one of consolidation only.

Spot on. I will be surprised if any League 1 or 2 clubs spend a penny on new signings. The funds just aren’t there.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
There will be a lot of good players looking for clubs, so absolutely no need to pay fees or inflated contracts. Championship clubs may also trim their squads so perhaps even more good players going out on loan. Plenty of deals to be done where the parent club pays say, half the salary. No reason at all why Ryan Lowe can’t put a competitive squad together. :scarf:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Devongreenowl":1rhds2f1 said:
There will be a lot of good players looking for clubs, so absolutely no need to pay fees or inflated contracts. Championship clubs may also trim their squads so perhaps even more good players going out on loan. Plenty of deals to be done where the parent club pays say, half the salary. No reason at all why Ryan Lowe can’t put a competitive squad together. :scarf:

Agreed, but I still maintain there will be strong competition for the best ones. Let's hope they have sensible agents, who recognise the cold wind of financial change, to blow and will be blowing through the EFL post pandemic.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
If they don’t, there will be quite a lot of players looking for employment outside the EFL that’s for sure. Not all players are on silly money, certainly at Argyle's level, but when we talk about reducing player salaries, something should be done about some of these parasitic agents too. Whilst I realise that they are there to look after their clients interests, some of them are taking ridiculous amounts of money out of the game.