QPR match thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

QPR match thread

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
For context, the same QPR side played against Arsenal on Tuesday in a friendly and it finished 4-3 to Arsenal. QPR are a decent side.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Plymouth Argyle 3 QPR 2: Player Ratings

Lewis Macleod, 9
Macleod was, by far, today’s stand out performer as he epitomised the concept of a box to box midfielder. His high tempo was matched with some excellent passing as he enabled the Greens to keep on ticking and progress up the pitch.

Scott Wootton, 8
Wootton made the transition from right sided centre back to central centre back and the position change appears to be a welcome one. Wootton is rapidly removing his reputation from the Adams era and is quickly becoming a trusted member of the back 3.

Read more > Argyle.Life

Mar 8, 2016
No idea what sort of side QPR put out, but we were the better team for large parts of the match, it was a good flowing game and thought nouble was MOM. Danny mayor showing he’s a great player and will play an important part for us this season. Really pleased with what I saw. Even C Grant done ok.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Very good start to the season proper.
Excellent performances from almost everyone apart from a couple of players that were a bit rusty. Macleod was my man of the match. Mayor was awesome then tired a bit before being subbed.
Anyone who wants to moan about that performance needs to get a life.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We are ball number 18 tomorrow in the South draw.
Premier League teams we could face - Southampton, Brentford, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Fulham and West Ham.

Draw is at 2pm Sky Sports Main Event.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
An excellent performance.
Yes we lived dangerously at times but when we started zipping it about we looked really fluid.
Mayor was superb for an hour and Nouble gave us such a different dimension. It was his strength with a defender bouncing off him that forced our second goal as well as his finish from a terrific cross by Connor Grant (who I believe was getting dogs abuse on here recently).
We seemed able to pick up the second ball all afternoon when we went longer and that was down to McLeod covering the ground excellently
Anyone critical of Aimson needs their head looking at. Yeah his distribution was a bit rudimentary, but he put in two excellently timed tackles inside his own box as the last line.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
To play today’s team and still have Moore, Jephcott, Reeves and Camara as players to come in, is pretty decent.

We have a very strong 11 but also a very strong bench to upon if required.

Still want Lowe and Schumacher signed up on a new 3 year deal kind

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Army green":2ouztonp said:
Even C Grant done ok.

His assist for Nouble’s goal was pinpoint. I think he gets a rough ride from some of our fans.

Conor Grant is a tidy, reliable player and he suits our system.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Nice to see the Argyle keeping their end up for Devon Football.

Sep 7, 2006
Plenty of positives all over the pitch today. Great to see Cooper start in goal, Aimson adds more pace than we had last year, Hardie looked sharp already (and G Cooper has a knack for finding him) and Mayor was terrific. But Macleod - what a signing he looks to be. My kind of player...

When was the last time we won in the first round?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Raul 1":36yffo0x said:
Plenty of positives all over the pitch today. Great to see Cooper start in goal, Aimson adds more pace than we had last year, Hardie looked sharp already (and G Cooper has a knack for finding him) and Mayor was terrific. But Macleod - what a signing he looks to be. My kind of player...

Last August beat Orient.

Sep 7, 2006
cheshiregreen":33wcb76z said:
Raul 1":33wcb76z said:

Last August beat Orient.

Ha! Short term memory loss. How many wins in the last 10 seasons?