QPR match thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

QPR match thread

Jan 2, 2006
loyal1970":2ffaaau4 said:
thought aimson had a good game not sure which game some people watched.

I thought aimson was excellent our best defender. Some unbelievable blocks and very assured on the ball

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am trying to pin point the last time Argyle beat a team from a higher division in a cup fixture? Help required.

I was pleased with the win, but i did identify weaknesses, which would be churlish to identify here after winning. I thought QPR were a good team despite their defeat. They have a big skilful striker and they are quick. The fact they only lost 4-3 against Arsenal last week in a friendly shows they must have some quality.

Roll on next week's game versus Norwich City's U21's

Jul 14, 2008
Quintrell_Green":33711ja9 said:
I am trying to pin point the last time Argyle beat a team from a higher division in a cup fixture? Help required.

I was pleased with the win, but i did identify weaknesses, which would be churlish to identify here after winning. I thought QPR were a good team despite their defeat. They have a big skilful striker and they are quick. The fact they only lost 4-3 against Arsenal last week in a friendly shows they must have some quality.

Roll on next week's game versus Norwich City's U21's
I think we all need to get used to the fact that Ryan Lowe’s teams do have weaknesses in defence because the aim is to score as many goals as possible. It’s impossible to be both extremely attacking and defensively solid

Jun 27, 2019
Quintrell_Green":3pebr4r2 said:

Bolton away in the FA Cup last season, and Bristol Rovers on pens in the Pointless Trophy depending on whether that counts.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I think the comments on the defence on Watts and Aimson are harsh and show a lack of understanding. Aimson was up against on of the Championship’s top wingers and he won a lot of his battles. I thought he had a very good game. He was also good going forward.

Watts is young, new to the team playing with Cooper who he only trained and met on Friday for the first time! Still he played well, yes the odd misplaced pass but he has quality. Also in the second half QPR pushed up 3 attackers and pressed our back 3 so they had to play long. The way we play we are going to be risky, we are going to make last ditch tackles because we attack so much.

It is great to watch and I think we all need to expect a lot of 3-2 , 2-2 high scoring open games this season. And I would much rather watch that than a dour 1-0 or 0-0. What I love is that feeling we can always go up the other end when the opposition score.

May 5, 2006
WoodsyGreen":cy6euksr said:
Quintrell_Green":cy6euksr said:

Bolton away in the FA Cup last season, and Bristol Rovers on pens in the Pointless Trophy depending on whether that counts.

And Bristol City away in League Cup a couple of years ago.

Oct 31, 2015
Leave the knee thing we all have our own opinions on this and we are welcome to have them. My opinion would probably upset some but that's for a conversation over a pint. This site is about football :banghead:

Noting Koala Green comments about the defence. I get what you are saying. QPR are definitely a step up on what we will hopefully see in.league 1 but the first goal conceded was a terrible lack of concentration. The second our player was fairly barged off the ball and poor Coops wasn't strong enough

I agree Watts will now know what it's like playing with a LWB who hasn't got a defensive bone in his body and he will have learnt from yesterday :funny:

The stats show that our clinical finishing was possibly the difference yesterday. We have not said that often in the last few years. Long may it continue :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
rsp4":1rn0im19 said:
Leave the knee thing we all have our own opinions on this and we are welcome to have them. My opinion would probably upset some but that's for a conversation over a pint. This site is about football :banghead:

Noting Koala Green comments about the defence. I get what you are saying. QPR are definitely a step up on what we will hopefully see in.league 1 but the first goal conceded was a terrible lack of concentration. The second our player was fairly barged off the ball and poor Coops wasn't strong enough

I agree Watts will now know what it's like playing with a LWB who hasn't got a defensive bone in his body and he will have learnt from yesterday :funny:

The stats show that our clinical finishing was possibly the difference yesterday. We have not said that often in the last few years. Long may it continue :scarf:

RSP4 - you surely aren’t alluding to the great George Cooper are you?

Sep 22, 2003
I thought there were parallels with the Crewe match (and a few others) last season in terms of performance: the first half being superb, and the second not living up to expectations.
We were playing a team from a league higher (with a greater budget, I assume), we would always be under pressure at the back.
Would we be critical of our defence if we had been playing Man City and had conceded only six? Yep, some would. Certainly the guys that sit behind me in the Lyndy!
However, THAT performance against THAT opposition gives cause for optimism and I'm reducing my prediction for where we finish the league by 10 places (subject to future reviews).

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Political posts have been moved to the appropriate thread in Opinions forum. Please continue the ‘knee’ discussion there and leave this thread for football discussion.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
No question about it. Really good performance and result against a good championship side. Their fans are not impressed and rightly so. A good start on Saturday against Blackpool and we can all feel optimistic about the season ahead. I’d be more than happy if we won that one 3-2 as well :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GreenThing":1g8dnxuv said:
Political posts have been moved to the appropriate thread in Opinions forum. Please continue the ‘knee’ discussion there and leave this thread for football discussion.

And rightly so. :thumbup:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tugboat":1530j4jo said:
GreenThing":1530j4jo said:

And rightly so. :thumbup:

I’m hoping Reeves, Canavan, Camara and Telford get some minutes on Tuesday night.

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
A bit on Mike Cooper and how he shaped up yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

Michael Cooper lays the foundations for Plymouth Argyle

The youngster appears to be taking monumental steps in adapting to a brave new style. In many ways, he’s shown all of the attributes necessary to be the perfect Lowe goalkeeper, both technically and mentally. His clear willingness to learn, as demonstrated by his distribution style, will surely serve him well, and this story will unfold as the season progresses.

Read more > Argyle.Life