Rate the Ref v Cheltenham - Scott Oldham | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Cheltenham - Scott Oldham

Rate the Ref v Cheltenham

Votes: 52 54.7%

Votes: 17 17.9%

Votes: 14 14.7%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
May 7, 2019
Absolute shocker. Chalked off a perfectly good goal for Aimson - it's on Twitter, go find it - 99% of headed goals have the same level of contact. Missed a clear pen. No protection given to Mayor whatsoever as Cheltenham hacked him down at every opportunity. No wonder Mayor looked completely spent at the end of the match. It's disgusting - Argyle have invested in a quality player, probably the best in League Two, and the officials allow this to happen week in and week out.

The general level of officiating this season has been the worst I have ever seen. :furious:

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
He was pretty awful but we have seen worse. He was good at not giving fouls when a player just decides to fall over when an opponent is near them for example and the Aimson push was correct.

His problem was not booking when he should have in the first half, some were nailed on bookings like pulling someone back when they'd broken away, easy for a ref to give/book.. That gave Cheltenham carte blanche to carry on fouling with no punishment bar the free kick. So much so that he called the captain over after a string of fouls which always looks weak and pathetic to me.

I also think he was right about the 'nearest point' of the pitch argument which only applies to substituted players, not injured ones.

The Mayor pen looked nailed on from where I was so need to see that again :furious:

Not like me to stick up for a ref but I have a bit - I gave him 5.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
A terrible ref. Killed the game. Frustrated the team and fans. Likely to cause a future riot. I just don't understand how someone can be that bad. Cheltenham could play football as that was evident in the second half but he ruined football. Terrible refereeing! :thumbdown:

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Penlee":2aldx5a7 said:
He was pretty awful but we have seen worse. He was good at not giving fouls when a player just decides to fall over when an opponent is near them for example and the Aimson push was correct.

His problem was not booking when he should have in the first half, some were nailed on bookings like pulling someone back when they'd broken away, easy for a ref to give/book.. That gave Cheltenham carte blanche to carry on fouling with no punishment bar the free kick. So much so that he called the captain over after a string of fouls which always looks weak and pathetic to me.

I also think he was right about the 'nearest point' of the pitch argument which only applies to substituted players, not injured ones.

The Mayor pen looked nailed on from where I was so need to see that again :furious:

Nowhere near as bad as most of the crowd were making out. Yes he should have booked more of their players, but half of the ones the crowd were screaming for weren't bookings.

I don't think it was a penalty. Right in front of me. Mayor ran into a crowd of players with nowhere to go (as he did all game) and just fell over.

Goal disallowed was at the other end of the pitch so no idea about that one.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh dear - I dont like saying much about Ref's but he was awful!! :furious:

I think those that voted 10 are defiantely on a wind up or didn't go to the match.

Dec 3, 2005
Penlee":17wtzchi said:

It was a substitution - the injured players was going off but they subbed him - the little guy came on for him - so the Ref was WRONG.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WestPark Green":1o4a5j9h said:
Can’t believe he didn’t send off there number 21 shocking performance.

And their 32. Iwas convinced that he was booked early on for launching Mayor into a low decaying orbit but apparently not.
They kicked and tripped Mayor throughout yet the 'experts' on here refer to bookings for a 'pull' and/or a 'push'?? :think:

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
djg145":23zg2og6 said:
It was a substitution - the injured players was going off but they subbed him - the little guy came on for him - so the Ref was WRONG.
The clock was already stopped because of the injury, therefore there was no need to send him off at the nearest point to prevent any time wasting

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
At the moment his average mark is 2.45 out of ten yet he gave Argyle well over 25 free kicks. How many of those did he get wrong. 75% as his mark is suggesting?

May 1, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":niu5549u said:
At the moment his average mark is 2.45 out of ten yet he gave Argyle well over 25 free kicks. How many of those did he get wrong. 75% as his mark is suggesting?

The fact is that he allowed Cheltenham to foul Argyle so much but he took little action is what we found so frustrating.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":17w1inh4 said:

The man was truly terrible.

Surely there's action to be taken against players that persistently foul.

EVERY time we threatened, BOOT. It was so obvious, that plank was useless.

A complete idiot.