Rate the Ref v Cheltenham - Scott Oldham | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Cheltenham - Scott Oldham

Rate the Ref v Cheltenham

Votes: 52 54.7%

Votes: 17 17.9%

Votes: 14 14.7%

Votes: 7 7.4%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3r44u9i2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3r44u9i2 said:
At the moment his average mark is 2.45 out of ten yet he gave Argyle well over 25 free kicks. How many of those did he get wrong. 75% as his mark is suggesting?

The man was truly terrible.

Surely there's action to be taken against players that persistently foul.

EVERY time we threatened, BOOT. It was so obvious, that plank was useless.

A complete idiot.

I agree that there seems to a low card count for the number of offences. Doyle-Hayes and Varney's names popped up a lot on the Live Text stream for giving away free kicks and maybe had he booked them earlier, the message may have got through to the Cheltenham players. However, your "complete idiot" was still giving free kicks for these offences so he couldn't have been that incompetent after all. He is still on a learning curve and his game management will improve with experience but at the end of the day, a free kick is the correct punishment for a foul and this lad was delivering on that front most of the time. To give him one's (and some want zeros) suggests he got nearly EVERYTHING wrong which clearly wasn't the case.

May 1, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":2opq5z8h said:
IJN":2opq5z8h said:
Lundan Cabbie":2opq5z8h said:
At the moment his average mark is 2.45 out of ten yet he gave Argyle well over 25 free kicks. How many of those did he get wrong. 75% as his mark is suggesting?

The man was truly terrible.

Surely there's action to be taken against players that persistently foul.

EVERY time we threatened, BOOT. It was so obvious, that plank was useless.

A complete idiot.

I agree that there seems to a low card count for the number of offences. Doyle-Hayes and Varney's names popped up a lot on the Live Text stream for giving away free kicks and maybe had he booked them earlier, the message may have got through to the Cheltenham players. However, your "complete idiot" was still giving free kicks for these offences so he couldn't have been that incompetent after all. He is still on a learning curve and his game management will improve with experience but at the end of the day, a free kick is the correct punishment for a foul and this lad was delivering on that front most of the time. To give him one's (and some want zeros) suggests he got nearly EVERYTHING wrong which clearly wasn't the case.

He had no control of the game and the Cheltenham players were clearly taking the P*** out of him. So the scoring is pretty spot on.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I was toying with a zero but then thought he deserved a 1 for displaying excellent posture and an inestimable self confidence despite his clear lack of ability as a football referee.

#selfdelusional

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
PMPilgrim":36pisel9 said:
Don’t forget that if the ref decides it’s a “hostile atmosphere” players don’t have to leave by nearest exit but are directed to the halfway line.
The referee created the hostile environment.

Oct 14, 2015
I posted on the match thread at half time he was the most inept ref I’d seen in 50 plus years...

I’d love to see the assessors report on his performance....

What a complete embarrassment to the EFL league of referees

C

Charles Plym

WoodfordWall":3yp2x4g7 said:
Supports Exeter apparently and it showed. .

I think you have made that up , he is from Lancashire and supports Blackpool.
Still crap though

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Its getting to the point where I cant justify £23 to see an afternoon's entertainment completely overshadowed by the incompetence of the officials. Today was the worst of the season.

Even allowing for the blatant penalty and the dubiously disallowed goal, there were several bookable offences committed on Mayor in the first half but the defenders got the chance to commit further, attack ending fouls in the second half because they'd been let off in the first half.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
hermangelmet":3gbteagw said:
PMPilgrim":3gbteagw said:
Don’t forget that if the ref decides it’s a “hostile atmosphere” players don’t have to leave by nearest exit but are directed to the halfway line.

Hostile environment? I thought the support today was poor. Yes, the most vocal they got was when they sang 'poo referee' for about twenty seconds. The atmosphere was rubbish today, even when Argyle threatened to over run them in the first half. The supporters should play their part and make it a VERY hostile place for the opposition players, not just the bloody referee. There are grounds where the hostility of the support can send opposition players into their shells. HP isn’t one of them unfortunately. The Cheltenham players deserved hostility for their niggling fouls, but the crowd didn’t come up with the goods today, that’s for sure.

Mar 8, 2016
Do referees get assessed? Or do they just get away with being totally incompetent like that muppet today?

Dec 3, 2005
JimC":6c5x1hl0 said:
djg145":6c5x1hl0 said:
It was a substitution - the injured players was going off but they subbed him - the little guy came on for him - so the Ref was WRONG.
The clock was already stopped because of the injury, therefore there was no need to send him off at the nearest point to prevent any time wasting

Sorry have you been watching Rugby - there is NO clock to stop in football - injury time is upto the discression of the Ref.

Rules state that a player being Substituted must now leave at the nearest exit.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
No, the watch doesn't "stop", but the ref does keep track and adds that amount of time on at the end. A normal sub is part of the game and usually the token 30 seconds is added on, but if he has already stopped the game for an injury then the sub isn't part of the game like a normal substitution and is included in the time added on for the injury

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Also just seen a video of the disallowed goal. It's soft, but he does make the run in holding the defenders arm, so can see why the ref disallowed it.

Jul 13, 2006
Devongreenowl":3rj9uam8 said:
hermangelmet":3rj9uam8 said:
PMPilgrim":3rj9uam8 said:

Hostile environment? I thought the support today was poor. Yes, the most vocal they got was when they sang 'poo referee' for about twenty seconds. The atmosphere was rubbish today, even when Argyle threatened to over run them in the first half. The supporters should play their part and make it a VERY hostile place for the opposition players, not just the bloody referee. There are grounds where the hostility of the support can send opposition players into their shells. HP isn’t one of them unfortunately. The Cheltenham players deserved hostility for their niggling fouls, but the crowd didn’t come up with the goods today, that’s for sure.

There hasn't been for a long time Owl. I despair of my football club and it's sad little notices everywhere in Xtr colours.