Retained/Released list (Announced) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained/Released list (Announced)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":2y1c0g2t said:
JannerinCardiff":2y1c0g2t said:
I for one will be totally gutted if Mayor doesn't play in green next season.
Can hardly get much worse without him.
Why, are you not an admirer of Mayor Oldage?

Jul 31, 2019
Biggs":1d190dm4 said:
Shame about Reeves and Macleod. I'm sure both have done enough or have a good enough reputation to easily get another EFL contract, but I was hoping at least one of them would come off.

Sad about any youngsters released, as always. Not sure what happened with Rubin Wilson, he went on loan to Dorchester (?) and scored, but can't find much more info.

This is what happened to Rubin Wilson:

Sent on loan to parkway in august, EFL rightly refused as too low down football pyramid. Missed Scotland trip pre season because this was all in the air.

Sent on loan to Dorchester where first team coach did not know anything about the loan, turned up to training and the coach didn’t know who he was. This was arranged with an ex Plymouth coach who was assistant manager. Started a couple of games scored within 10 mins of debut. Then played on bench as coach had already signed his own strikers and Rubin was never in the plans. COVID hit, Loan players trained alone because of bubbles. After loan finished trained with the first team for three weeks. Went up to watch the gillingham game in the new year and was told you’re not our sort of striker and you won’t be getting a new contract and you won’t be training with the first team you can train alone. Trained with the U18s for the remainder of the season. No football matches because no reserves or central league, no development and no chance compared to other youngsters in previous years. Quite poor really considering Lowe branded him a ‘natural goal scorer’ last summer and dropped him on his arse in the middle of a pandemic six months into his first year after no football (or moved aside to make room for another striker in January). If a 19 year old first year professional with almost no football for a year and a half is expected to be at the same standard as a first team regular who is playing once or even twice a week, then that is an extremely unrealistic expectation.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":2pbzftxi said:
Pogleswoody":2pbzftxi said:
If Mayor and Grant don't sign we'll need to sign a whole squad.

Surprised that we didn't keep Aimson and Lolos on that basis.

Cleal and Wilson not seen much of but are we going to sign more than a dozen players better than all those that we've let go?? :think:
Lowe obviously thinks so_Oh thee of little faith!

Aren't you the Marshall of the Little Faith posse?? :lol:

I have some faith in Lowey. I certainly have high hopes for next season and high expectations for summer recruitment.

I just think there is a big shopping list. Aimson and Lolos are two tins of still in date baked beans in your pantry before you go shopping for caviar and lobster! If the supermarket has no caviar or lobster or not even any better quality baked beans, you might be grateful they are still in your pantry rather than the food bank. (That analogy just grew and grew!! :lol: )

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argyle98":1mfs2llx said:
Biggs":1mfs2llx said:
Shame about Reeves and Macleod. I'm sure both have done enough or have a good enough reputation to easily get another EFL contract, but I was hoping at least one of them would come off.

Sad about any youngsters released, as always. Not sure what happened with Rubin Wilson, he went on loan to Dorchester (?) and scored, but can't find much more info.

Sent on loan to parkway in august, EFL rightly refused as too low down football pyramid. Missed Scotland trip pre season because this was all in the air.

Sent on loan to Dorchester where first team coach did not know anything about the loan, turned up to training and the coach didn’t know who he was. This was arranged with an ex Plymouth coach who was assistant manager. Started a couple of games scored within 10 mins of debut. Then played on bench as coach had already signed his own strikers and Rubin was never in the plans. COVID hit, Loan players trained alone because of bubbles. After loan finished trained with the first team for three weeks. Went up to watch the gillingham game in the new year and was told you’re not our sort of striker and you won’t be getting a new contract and you won’t be training with the first team you can train alone. Trained with the U18s for the remainder of the season. No football matches because no reserves or central league, no development and no chance compared to other youngsters in previous years. Quite poor really considering Lowe branded him a ‘natural goal scorer’ last summer and dropped him on his arse in the middle of a pandemic six months into his first year after no football (or moved aside to make room for another striker in January). If a 19 year old first year professional with almost no football for a year and a half is expected to be at the same standard as a first team regular who is playing once or even twice a week, then that is an extremely unrealistic expectation.
I may be wrong but there could be a grudging family member posting here.
I wish Rubin Wilson good luck and hope that he finds another club to enable him to prove his capabilities.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
oldage":2qtj7err said:
JannerinCardiff":2qtj7err said:
We all understand that you don't rate Danny Mayor but it's becoming boring for the rest of us.
Please try and control your obsession...

May 8, 2011
davie nine":22tiu7wd said:
Argyle98":22tiu7wd said:
Biggs":22tiu7wd said:

I wish Rubin Wilson good luck and hope that he finds another club to enable him to prove his capabilities.

If it is a family member than you would think the description of what happen would be pretty accurate.
Your reaction reminds me of something a friend said who was asked to do interviews after he left a job but he declined the invitations because he said that although everything he said would be factually correct, some people would just say it’s sour grapes.

Jan 21, 2007
When will the PASOTI retained list be announced? ... We definitely need a few new posters and to move a few others on :whistle:

That's a shame about Rubin Wilson. He looked quite useful in the SillyCup match at Swindon last season.
Klaidi Lolos similarly, he's been around for ages and Ryan Lowe said a while back he needed to make his mark, shame he didn't get many minutes to do so.
As for the others, brutal, necessary but perhaps some have other plans anyway such that a new contract offer would be superfluous.

Aug 17, 2005
HC Green":2a43f5dq said:
davie nine":2a43f5dq said:
Argyle98":2a43f5dq said:
Biggs":2a43f5dq said:

If it is a family member than you would think the description of what happen would be pretty accurate.
Your reaction reminds me of something a friend said who was asked to do interviews after he left a job but he declined the invitations because he said that although everything he said would be factually correct, some people would just say it’s sour grapes.

Interesting that ut said he was told the end of January that he would not be offered a new contract. Should this of happened qith the rest of the squad even if it was just offering certain members a contract, does this explain the downing of tools the second half of the season

Jan 2, 2010
oldage":2z4fk18o said:
Tugboat":2z4fk18o said:
The only thing I’ve really been looking forward to since having our survival in L1 confirmed.

Role on tomorrow:

Fwiw I’d think we’ll over contracts to Edwards, Grant, mayor and Fornah. Not sure on the Lolos, Craske etc

Release Macleod, Reeves, Aimson, Moore and the loanee’s.

Recruitment next season has to be much much better.

Oh and Lowe has to stop saying his phone is constantly ringing from agents of players… just do your job and stop spouting off about it.
Agents of Players,perhaps Lowe smokes cigarettes?

Or it's agents saying 'No!'

May 22, 2006
HC Green":2wp9v06i said:

Whoever could you be referring to?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ham Green":3h7b5e26 said:
HC Green":3h7b5e26 said:

Whoever could you be referring to?

HC had a friend who lost his job? Who knew? :lol:

Jul 12, 2016
jerryatricjanner":ntlb8svk said:
oldage":ntlb8svk said:
JannerinCardiff":ntlb8svk said:
Why, are you not an admirer of Mayor Oldage?
Regular posters may want to ignore this post!
I think Mayor is a good player who was hyped up far too much by Lowe when he signed him and has largely failed to deliver .
He can do amazing dribbles but often to no avail and Lowe bases all our play around him. His perceived strength is IMHO a weakness. The opposition know once you stop him playing we struggle to do anything so they mark him out the game.Mayor always takes one more stride before he shoots on goal and he rarely plays for more than one half of a game. He is a luxury player who unbalances the team.Apart from these points I don't dislike him :D