Retained/Released list (Announced) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained/Released list (Announced)

C

Cult Of Personality

Very happy to see Aimless gone. Shocking player who positional play was awful hence why he made lots of last minute tackles.

Reeves was never used enough in my mind. Mcleaod typical injury prone scot . Nouble lucky to be a league 2 player let alone a league 1 player.

Sep 22, 2020
so effectively the best part of a new team next season.

need some balance on the right to give another attacking option other than mayor all the time.

get a big man up front and pump the ball up to play percentages in the attacking third rather than all this passing around needlessly

lets hope most replacements are transfers and not loanees

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Cult Of Personality":gtk8nwkd said:
Mcleaod typical injury prone scot.

I know exactly what you mean, but such a daft thing to say. :lol: That tickled me.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
These things a re never as dramatic as they are built up tp be....

For a start it is a two way street...the players have a choice as well as to whether they will be staying at a club or electing to move on for family or financial reasons. For all we know RL wanted to build his defensive rock around Aimson but WA told him he wanted to move back up North....hence the club release him and make no offer because he isn't going to accept it anyway...

I doubt too that the process of identifying new recruits started once the list came out....but time will tell who will arrive...I seem to recall a highly underwhelming response to us signing an out of contract Crawley Town centre half a few years back.....

The one I am disappointed about going, but not surprised in the end was Reeves...a couple of seasons ago he bullied us out of the game at Charlton but for whatever reason it never clicked for him here...

Lolos too, never kicked on but we have a good crop of Academy graduates and a well financed and well administered club who have every chance of a better season.

The one I fear will go is Grant....but thats the nature of this relatively short term football world we now inhabit.

Fingers crossed for some craggy gnarly defenders looking for a seaside home

Nov 2, 2004
So we need to sign 5 centre backs :shock: assuming we are playing with 3 centre backs which we will. That requires 3 picks and two back ups. Not including Tomlinson who will go on loan to toughen up a bit as per Randell. Finding 5 centre backs will be really difficult and some will inevitably be last minute desperation. Lets hope he can get a couple of really good ones as first choices and they will not come cheap.

Aug 8, 2013
So we now have one defender, assuming Tomlinson signs.
Aimson struggled in a back three but was very sound in a back four; does
his release mean we will be persisting with the back three next season ?

Also, I'm in the camp of those who won't be sorry if Mayor turns the offer down.
I've read the views that he assists the assistor, but a successful team needs to be
getting goals from its midfield. Three goals in two years from an attacking midfielder
is not cutting the mustard.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
IJN":3n1a12xc said:
Cult Of Personality":3n1a12xc said:

I know exactly what you mean, but such a daft thing to say. :lol: That tickled me.

If you read his Wiki page you would hold your head in your hands at the thought of anyone seriously considering signing him ... Oh wait ... Lowe did.

Knack Ma Knee ain't even in it.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Gary S":3j7gp9a4 said:
So we now have one defender, assuming Tomlinson signs.
Aimson struggled in a back three but was very sound in a back four; does
his release mean we will be persisting with the back three next season ?

Also, I'm in the camp of those who won't be sorry if Mayor turns the offer down.
I've read the views that he assists the assistor, but a successful team needs to be
getting goals from its midfield. Three goals in two years from an attacking midfielder
is not cutting the mustard.

I too hope he gets a better offer. An amicable divorce where we find the grass is actually greener.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I for one will be totally gutted if Mayor doesn't play in green next season.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
If Mayor and Grant don't sign we'll need to sign a whole squad.

Surprised that we didn't keep Aimson and Lolos on that basis.

Cleal and Wilson not seen much of but are we going to sign more than a dozen players better than all those that we've let go?? :think:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Beyton_Green":3274x836 said:
IJN":3274x836 said:
Cult Of Personality":3274x836 said:

If you read his Wiki page you would hold your head in your hands at the thought of anyone seriously considering signing him ... Oh wait ... Lowe did.

Knack Ma Knee ain't even in it.

Paul McCartilage is another one! ;)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
pafcprogs":11y7vniz said:
These things a re never as dramatic as they are built up tp be....

For a start it is a two way street...the players have a choice as well as to whether they will be staying at a club or electing to move on for family or financial reasons. For all we know RL wanted to build his defensive rock around Aimson but WA told him he wanted to move back up North....hence the club release him and make no offer because he isn't going to accept it anyway...

I doubt too that the process of identifying new recruits started once the list came out....but time will tell who will arrive...I seem to recall a highly underwhelming response to us signing an out of contract Crawley Town centre half a few years back.....

The one I am disappointed about going, but not surprised in the end was Reeves...a couple of seasons ago he bullied us out of the game at Charlton but for whatever reason it never clicked for him here...

Lolos too, never kicked on but we have a good crop of Academy graduates and a well financed and well administered club who have every chance of a better season.

The one I fear will go is Grant....but thats the nature of this relatively short term football world we now inhabit.

Fingers crossed for some craggy gnarly defenders looking for a seaside home

A Timar Mark 11 will be just the job!

Oct 31, 2015
Brutal but the right thing to do. The current squad capitulated so badly that few were worthy of offers.

Makes the summer a difficult time for the management team getting the right players.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":5zjgsbb3 said:
If Mayor and Grant don't sign we'll need to sign a whole squad.

Surprised that we didn't keep Aimson and Lolos on that basis.

Cleal and Wilson not seen much of but are we going to sign more than a dozen players better than all those that we've let go?? :think:
Lowe obviously thinks so_Oh thee of little faith!