Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Happy memories of Rochdale on a Tuesday night. Love to repeat the occasion.

May 8, 2011
If the match is postponed with Rochdale’s backlog of fixtures the only Tuesdays that they are free are the 27th March, but as there are games on the Friday of that week I’m not sure Argyle will be keen on that date so the next free Tuesday is the 24th April.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I had already marked that date as a probable for the Charlton game. Maybe that could squeeze in earlier.
I do remember similar happening to Oldham in 1989 when they go to the semi final. Might be memory playing tricks but I'm sure we ended up playing 3 home games in 5 days against Leeds Tuesday, Oldham Thursday and Bournemouth on the Saturday. Oldham has a few postponements that year too and we're about 6 fixtures behind most.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":7yzzmye8 said:
If the match is postponed with Rochdale’s backlog of fixtures the only Tuesdays that they are free are the 27th March, but as there are games on the Friday of that week I’m not sure Argyle will be keen on that date so the next free Tuesday is the 24th April.

Argyle won't have a choice.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
cheshiregreen":heltzcom said:
Well Oldham succumbed to a frozen pitch so it's possible although 'Dale have new pitch. Hope not but already got my ticket. Rochdale have a heavy schedule so another midweek game probably won't appeal to them either.

Of course the media coverage of the Beast from the East maybe overhyped.
Timar is never overhyped! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":105trwxq said:
AdelaideGreen":105trwxq said:
Rochdale have laid a new pitch for the FA Cup 5th round tie on Tuesday against Spurs. Rochdale will do everything to get that game on.

Hopefully the new pitch is not a one trick pony, and will still be in great nick for Saturday. Rochdale won't want a postponement for that either.

Perhaps the FA Cup tie will distract the 'dale players completely. Hope so!

I think their game on Tuesday is at Wembley. The new pitch was laid prior to their home game against Tottenham last week. I hope the game is on next week because Rochdale might be tired if they put in a big effort against Spurs. Plus having to play Argyle will be an anti climax after a Wembley appearance, which might help us a bit. To be honest I think it will be a tough game for Argyle. It looks like Rochdale have some good players and they will be fighting big time to get out of the relegation zone.

It seems like you are basing your knowledge of Rochdale more on their recently televised match, as opposed to the league table which has them eleven points from safety.

I see no reason why Argyle need to treat Rochdale with any more respect than the other sides we have been blowing away recently.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":16o8e17j said:
gaspargomez":16o8e17j said:
AdelaideGreen":16o8e17j said:
Rochdale have laid a new pitch for the FA Cup 5th round tie on Tuesday against Spurs. Rochdale will do everything to get that game on.

Hopefully the new pitch is not a one trick pony, and will still be in great nick for Saturday. Rochdale won't want a postponement for that either.

I think their game on Tuesday is at Wembley. The new pitch was laid prior to their home game against Tottenham last week. I hope the game is on next week because Rochdale might be tired if they put in a big effort against Spurs. Plus having to play Argyle will be an anti climax after a Wembley appearance, which might help us a bit. To be honest I think it will be a tough game for Argyle. It looks like Rochdale have some good players and they will be fighting big time to get out of the relegation zone.

It seems like you are basing your knowledge of Rochdale more on their recently televised match, as opposed to the league table which has them eleven points from safety.

I see no reason why Argyle need to treat Rochdale with any more respect than the other sides we have been blowing away recently.

They raised their game for Spurs and will do the same for us.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3orbn5ry said:
Knibbsworth":3orbn5ry said:
gaspargomez":3orbn5ry said:
AdelaideGreen":3orbn5ry said:

Based on what exactly? They are going to start playing like Brazil in 1970 because an in-form side on a bit of a run are coming.

Spurs was a once in a lifetime match against international players live on the BBC.

I think you're overestimating the adrenaline rush playing against Plymouth Argyle for the second time in a few months has on our opposition.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":22cj19us said:
Balham_Green":22cj19us said:
Knibbsworth":22cj19us said:
gaspargomez":22cj19us said:
AdelaideGreen":22cj19us said:

Based on what exactly? They are going to start playing like Brazil in 1970 because an in-form side on a bit of a run are coming.

Based on their performance against Spurs obviously.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":t6bnrhh5 said:
Knibbsworth":t6bnrhh5 said:
Balham_Green":t6bnrhh5 said:
Knibbsworth":t6bnrhh5 said:
gaspargomez":t6bnrhh5 said:
AdelaideGreen":t6bnrhh5 said:

Based on their performance against Spurs obviously.

Have you seen how far Newport have fallen since their performance against Tottenham??

Nov 3, 2006
We need to play as many games as possible as quickly as is reasonable. Form never lasts for ever.

I'm not sure if I can make it but holding off buying a ticket anyway. Got there before and been sat in the pub in 01/02 to see the Argyle team coach heading back as Grandstand announced the postponement. Same thing happened on my trip to Darlington. Funny that they ended up being the promotion and title winning games.

M

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
The weather forecast up here is pretty naff all week, snow predicted on all days. We have had light snow today but not laying. Friday however is apparently horrendous. Not hopeful.

Sep 13, 2003
Martin_Brock":g8rn881h said:
I'm not sure if I can make it but holding off buying a ticket anyway. Got there before and been sat in the pub in 01/02 to see the Argyle team coach heading back as Grandstand announced the postponement. Same thing happened on my trip to Darlington. Funny that they ended up being the promotion and title winning games.

M

I'm pretty certain that the season before in 2000/01, Rochdale away was postponed three times that season ! We ended up playing them away at the fourth time of asking in May then played them at home in the next game !
I went to two of those called off games...the first we were the pub at the ground when it was called off (like Darlington away the season after !) ..the 2nd we found out on the train near Manchester...so went to watch Bolton instead to stare in amazement at Ian Marshall's mullet.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes it was postponed 3 times in 2000/2001 season .Outside Spotland 1st time Manchester 2nd time .Watford Junction 3rd time .

Also I remember in a previous season our last 2 matches of the season were against Rochdale away and Rochdale home (Luke McCormick's debut)