Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April)

Feb 17, 2017
If they use the heat tent they have there is no reason why the game will not be on, unless they decide to postpone due to travel conditions but that seems unlikely and judging by their build up of fixtures I’m sure they will want it on also.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
If the weather forecast for Rochdale for Thursday, Friday and Saturday are correct there's not a chance of it being on. We can only hope the forecasters have got it wrong.

C

Cheltgreen

Given that the team would have to travel up on Friday, which is likely to be the worst day weather wise, I'd have thought any postponement must be made before the leave.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm sure the clubs will be in very close contact I am sure.

Dec 28, 2010
Good references to Argyle tonight on BT Sport at the Spurs match tonight.

Loved the will Argyle make it up to Rochdale.

The 6-1 thrashing on the Wembley pitch and an injury to Humphrys their striker bodes well if it stops snowing!!

Oct 31, 2015
Well played Dale first half. Second half they were rolled over. Doubt there will be a match for us on Saturday

Sep 6, 2006
Neilz5419":1fgyttd0 said:
If they use the heat tent they have there is no reason why the game will not be on, unless they decide to postpone due to travel conditions but that seems unlikely and judging by their build up of fixtures I’m sure they will want it on also.

Games are often postponed becauseil of the conditions around the stadium.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
GreenBath":d1ygiyuq said:
Red alert just put out by Met Office, stretching from WSM to Exeter.

Agree it's looking a bit doubtful to say the least. Having said that surely Rochdale will be keen to get the game on - even if they are a bit fatigued from their Wembley excursions.

Apart from the Tuesday before they play on Good Friday, they're playing every Tuesday for the next six weeks already.

Dec 29, 2011
Just posted on the Rochdale forum after going to the Wembley match yesterday .One of the locals has come back and said virtually no chance of game being played as it was-6c in Rochdale last night and snow is now sticking.I think covers can only function up to a certain temperature

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I am about 40 miles from Rochdale. Not much snow here but the temperature is bitterly cold. Currently around -3.

If the red weather warning materialises I am not sure the team will get out of the SW easily.

Reluctantly having to accept the game is unlikely to take place this weekend. Would expect announcement tomorrow morning to prevent unnecessary travel.

Edit to add - Spotland closed. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018 ... -thursday/

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":2vptbuif said:
I am about 40 miles from Rochdale. Not much snow here but the temperature is bitterly cold. Currently around -3.

If the red weather warning materialises I am not sure the team will get out of the SW easily.

Reluctantly having to accept the game is unlikely to take place this weekend. Would expect announcement tomorrow morning to prevent unnecessary travel.

Guys it is a football match FFS! To encourage people to drive North on Saturday + roads/paths around the stadium seems madness to me tbh. Sure the police, AA, RAC and other emergency services + roadworkers don't need us to be there!
Once there, steps and walkways in the Stadium (forgetting pitch condition).
Then a journey home into a darkening evening?

Madness! Let's take a postponement and keep people safe!