Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale GAME OFF (New date 24th April)

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Agree postponement looks inevitable...and looking at the picture pile up looks like the only viable date will be the midweek between Rotherham home and Gillingham away.....their backlog means they have Tuesday fixtures most weeks

If thats the case they will probably be safe or down by then....

Personally I am hoping for safe....

Sep 3, 2011
Of the course there could be a scenario where the game isn't postponed and Argyle fail to travel. If that happened in the premier League then the game would be forfeited and recorded as a 3-0 win for the home side.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Mr Gillingham":2pz94jse said:
Of the course there could be a scenario where the game isn't postponed and Argyle fail to travel. If that happened in the premier League then the game would be forfeited and recorded as a 3-0 win for the home side.

I assume you mean unable to travel in which case I can't see the game being forfeited.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
pafcprogs":tyhk2aec said:
Agree postponement looks inevitable...and looking at the picture pile up looks like the only viable date will be the midweek between Rotherham home and Gillingham away.....their backlog means they have Tuesday fixtures most weeks

If thats the case they will probably be safe or down by then....

Personally I am hoping for safe....

Tuesday 24th April probably likeliest?

:scarf:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
If the roads are as bad as some are saying, a postponement would be the best result for travellers.

To anyone who does travel, be careful and stay safe.

Sep 6, 2006
ChepstowGreen":3d5pvcp5 said:
GreenBath":3d5pvcp5 said:
Red alert just put out by Met Office, stretching from WSM to Exeter.

Agree it's looking a bit doubtful to say the least. Having said that surely Rochdale will be keen to get the game on - even if they are a bit fatigued from their Wembley excursions.

Apart from the Tuesday before they play on Good Friday, they're playing every Tuesday for the next six weeks already.

It has no significance at all whether Rochdale are keen to get the game on.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol:

From the planet Balham?

Don't tell me you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well?

Jan 27, 2012
Saturday is forecast to be 0 to -1 degrees in Rochdale and dry.

I suppose it depends on whether their pitch is frozen and if the roads are safe. (The main motorways up there will probably be cleared and gritted though).

I'd say there is a fair chance of the game being played.

They might be wound up after losing 6-1 yesterday... maybe its not a great time to play them after all ?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
gaspargomez":bqhylimu said:
Saturday is forecast to be 0 to -1 degrees in Rotherham and dry.

I suppose it depends on whether their pitch is frozen and if the roads are safe. (The main motorways up there will probably be cleared and gritted though).

I'd say there is a fair chance of the game being played.

They might be wound up after losing 6-1 yesterday... maybe its not a great time to play them after all ?

Guess Rotherham may let the game go ahead there :)

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Derek's view of things:

He said: “The groundsheet is down at Rochdale; it just depends on what the temperature is like overnight tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully, the game will go ahead.

“We’ll travel tomorrow. We’ll leave at 12 tomorrow. We’ll wait and see. We’ll obviously be guided by the authorities if it is safe to travel or not safe to travel – it might be that they decide the game is off because of that, other than because of the pitch.

“The pitch protection only provides cover down to about three degrees, so anything below that, you’ve got a problem.

“It’s going to be travel arrangements, as well, not just for the team but for the supporters, as well, that is going to bring things into perspective.

“The police might come into play and advise [the EFL] that it’s not good for people travelling because of the weather conditions.”

PAFC

I'm on my second day of working from home as I couldn't get out of my road in Knaresborough due to snow. Popped out at lunchtime (yes, still in shorts) and it's bracing out to say the least. I'd be surprised if it it's played.

M