Rúben signs for FC Famalicão | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rúben signs for FC Famalicão

Aug 10, 2006
Nobby":36vz7bwh said:
Inevitable. No chance we can compete with a four year contract, especially in the Portuguese first division.

Incredible player when he could be arsed for a few months a season. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for him.
can't compete with what, apart from a few teams there top flight is poo.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
He will be missed but what did we do before he arrived ???
Here's hoping RL has got someone lined up to replace both Ruben and GC.

Feb 15, 2005
Thanks Rueben as you are the kind of player that raised hopes when you got on the ball and provide plenty of sparks. Every team should have flair players.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":2o4qow2e said:
Nobby":2o4qow2e said:
Inevitable. No chance we can compete with a four year contract, especially in the Portuguese first division.

Incredible player when he could be arsed for a few months a season. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for him.

Sorry to buck the trend but for me this is key. It is why I hold GC10 in far higher esteem. I may be in a minority of one but I value effort above all else, arsedness trumps non-arsedness every time. Even if the non-arsedness is temporary or periodic a 'mood player' is no player at all as far as I am concerned. It is why I never shared the collective semi-on over Akos Buzsaky, he switched off as many times as he shone brightly.

I concede these players could do brilliant things, but if you can't rely on them to be bothered, and bothered EVERY time, then it becomes a lottery what you're gonna get when you pay your entrance fee. Give me a Chuck Norris, a Friio, a Carey every day. Mood players just leave me cold, if you can't give heart and soul every game then the moments of genius mean nothing.

The showreel they've signed him on will undoubtedly look fantastic, what it won't show is the wilderness periods. Sofia have got a far far superior player.

For a slightly different reason, but in the same ball park, are players who think they are better than us. It is why I won't shed a tear about Ladapo leaving either. Bye then :wave:

Clear the decks, make some money and free some wages up, bring in some heart and soul players, some 100%ers. Had we had a team of them last season we wouldn't have gone down.

Blood and snotters thats what we need eh? Up and at them. 110% ters and all that nonsense. Thank God you will never be a football manager. I would suggest that apart from Adams clueless tactics the reason we went down was because of certain players out of their depth e.g. Tafari Moore and because one of the best players hardly played before xmas i.e. Ruben. Not because in your uninformed opinion he didnt have 'heart and soul'. Where's your evidence? Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think you got to many games anyway so your view has even less weight. Course you know it all and are always right so I MUST be wrong.
Good luck Ruben. I never saw you give less than 100%

C

Cult Of Personality

Wont be missed as much as people think. Had lovely skills and close footwork. But also a bit of a baby who would duck out of challenges and would drift out of games alot. When he was hot he was hot but alot of the time in my eyes he did not do alot or slowed down the argyle attack because of his want to beat a player. Would rather have GC10 every day of the week then Rubean

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
loyal1970":mol82c9s said:
Nobby":mol82c9s said:

can't compete with what, apart from a few teams there top flight is sh1te.

But an absolute mile above League Two, with a four year deal, in his home country. Playing the likes of Benfica and Porto, rather than Stevenage and Morecambe.

We were never keeping him anyway, but with a deal like that, it’s easy to see why.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think he’s been a pleasure to watch, I’m not gutted though as such because I never anticipated he’d stay, I also trust Ryan Lowe to get the right replacements for the players we’re losing.

Sep 6, 2006
Cult Of Personality":21ab17d7 said:
Wont be missed as much as people think. Had lovely skills and close footwork. But also a bit of a baby who would duck out of challenges and would drift out of games alot. When he was hot he was hot but alot of the time in my eyes he did not do alot or slowed down the argyle attack because of his want to beat a player. Would rather have GC10 every day of the week then Rubean

Perhaps he drifted out of games because few players had the ability to pass the ball to him. Did you think of that?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
X Isle":24x3zjgz said:
Nobby":24x3zjgz said:

Sorry to buck the trend but for me this is key. It is why I hold GC10 in far higher esteem. I may be in a minority of one but I value effort above all else, arsedness trumps non-arsedness every time. Even if the non-arsedness is temporary or periodic a 'mood player' is no player at all as far as I am concerned. It is why I never shared the collective semi-on over Akos Buzsaky, he switched off as many times as he shone brightly.

I concede these players could do brilliant things, but if you can't rely on them to be bothered, and bothered EVERY time, then it becomes a lottery what you're gonna get when you pay your entrance fee. Give me a Chuck Norris, a Friio, a Carey every day. Mood players just leave me cold, if you can't give heart and soul every game then the moments of genius mean nothing.

The showreel they've signed him on will undoubtedly look fantastic, what it won't show is the wilderness periods. Sofia have got a far far superior player.

For a slightly different reason, but in the same ball park, are players who think they are better than us. It is why I won't shed a tear about Ladapo leaving either. Bye then :wave:

Clear the decks, make some money and free some wages up, bring in some heart and soul players, some 100%ers. Had we had a team of them last season we wouldn't have gone down.

Halmosi was the better Magyar,technically excellent and in the chuck Norris hard working mode

Mar 23, 2008
He's been a decent player for us and when on song electric. However, let's not forget these guys got us relegated and whilst there's been some decent players leaving it does conjour up the thought of rats deserting a sunken ship. Thanks Rubes, you entertained on occasions and didn't look interested on others.

Jan 27, 2012
In my opinion the biggest loss was Carey who is a better all round player than Lamerias. Argyle certainly need some creativity in the squad now (as well as a new defence which was the main reason for relegation).

Feb 15, 2005
If that dope DA had played him more we’d be in Division one and as someone posted this sites expert has spoken and so Rueben won’t be missed. You can’t make it up.

Jul 29, 2010
Deacster":3153e11b said:
He's been a decent player for us and when on song electric. However, let's not forget these guys got us relegated and whilst there's been some decent players leaving it does conjour up the thought of rats deserting a sunken ship. Thanks Rubes, you entertained on occasions and didn't look interested on others.

Multiple reports already supporting this fluctuating level of arsedness.

Hmmm :think:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
gaspargomez":7iq4dk1k said:
In my opinion the biggest loss was Carey who is a better all round player than Lamerias. Argyle certainly need some creativity in the squad now (as well as a new defence which was the main reason for relegation).

Agree. Carey's loss is a big one. Lameiras was a luxury who was never going to stick around too long.

The squad is decimated now. Maybe that's a good thing given how last season panned out, but if Lowe's signings don't work, we could be facing more tough times.

I have to be honest, I'm nervous.