Rúben signs for FC Famalicão | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rúben signs for FC Famalicão

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
How many different spellings of Ruben in one thread :clap:

Ruben/Reuben/Rueben/Reuban

Bloody hell.....anyway agree with XIsles appraisal of the situation, no room for luxury flair players in lower league football and I suspect he’s found his level now!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kevb77":w2v8fvnu said:
How many different spellings of Ruben in one thread :clap:

Ruben/Reuben/Rueben/Reuban

Bloody hell.....anyway agree with XIsles appraisal of the situation, no room for luxury flair players in lower league football and I suspect he’s found his level now!

Rúben??? :whistle:

Jul 12, 2016
Outstanding player who will be an hard act to follow. Inconsistent but undoubtedly talented. Good luck to him , his skills will be missed.

Oct 16, 2016
One of the most inconsistent players I’ve ever seen, about as much poise as a shi**ing chihuahua.

Over hyped and non committal

Jul 29, 2010
saxman":1u3b7kf3 said:
I'll miss his creativity, he was a joy to watch when on form, maybe a bit inconsistent though and we'll need consistency to grind out the results in Div 4 :sad:

My oh my, there goes yet another exhibit Balham... (edit: and many more followed while posting).

Rather than fixating to trolling proportions on which posters go to how many games perhaps you should just simply pay more frikkin' attention when (if indeed?) you go to any games yourself. Genuinely I worry about you son, do you by chance just sit there self congratulatory trouser rubbing yourself at how much better your attendance makes you as a fan...

...it would explain your lack of observance, mother warned us that sort of thing makes folk go blind :oops:

Cheerio now :wave:

C

Cult Of Personality

Balham_Green":2pljxgld said:
Cult Of Personality":2pljxgld said:
Wont be missed as much as people think. Had lovely skills and close footwork. But also a bit of a baby who would duck out of challenges and would drift out of games alot. When he was hot he was hot but alot of the time in my eyes he did not do alot or slowed down the argyle attack because of his want to beat a player. Would rather have GC10 every day of the week then Rubean

Perhaps he drifted out of games because few players had the ability to pass the ball to him. Did you think of that?

A good player goes and gets the ball and influences the game if they are out of the game. He was up for it when he knew he had the fullback beat but come up against a player that gave him a rough ride and he would drift out the game and take the easy route out. We need players that play for the full 90. Not 10 15 minute spells

Apr 30, 2017
jespafc":qhyh34g6 said:
gaspargomez":qhyh34g6 said:
In my opinion the biggest loss was Carey who is a better all round player than Lamerias. Argyle certainly need some creativity in the squad now (as well as a new defence which was the main reason for relegation).

Agree. Carey's loss is a big one. Lameiras was a luxury who was never going to stick around too long.

The squad is decimated now. Maybe that's a good thing given how last season panned out, but if Lowe's signings don't work, we could be facing more tough times.

I have to be honest, I'm nervous.
I agree. I was surprised when people were suggesting keeping 2/3 of the team which got relegated. I think that players leaving, will be a positive for Lowe because it will allow him to shape the squad he wants it too to be. These departures will also have boosted Lowe’s budget significantly, with some of the perceived higher earners of the books.

May 8, 2011
Pilgrim28":1w4808ka said:
jespafc":1w4808ka said:
gaspargomez":1w4808ka said:
In my opinion the biggest loss was Carey who is a better all round player than Lamerias. Argyle certainly need some creativity in the squad now (as well as a new defence which was the main reason for relegation).

Agree. Carey's loss is a big one. Lameiras was a luxury who was never going to stick around too long.

The squad is decimated now. Maybe that's a good thing given how last season panned out, but if Lowe's signings don't work, we could be facing more tough times.

I have to be honest, I'm nervous.
I agree. I was surprised when people were suggesting keeping 2/3 of the team which got relegated. I think that players leaving, will be a positive for Lowe because it will allow him to shape the squad he wants it too to be. These departures will also have boosted Lowe’s budget significantly, with some of the perceived higher earners of the books.

Lameiras wasn’t a high earner, probably the only one that has gone or will go is Carey.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
jespafc":31m110jh said:
The squad is decimated now.

It has been more than decimated. Or to be strictly accurate it has not been decimated at all, as that would have been illegal.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":2aqpqokj said:
saxman":2aqpqokj said:
I'll miss his creativity, he was a joy to watch when on form, maybe a bit inconsistent though and we'll need consistency to grind out the results in Div 4 :sad:

My oh my, there goes yet another exhibit Balham... (edit: and many more followed while posting).

Rather than fixating to trolling proportions on which posters go to how many games perhaps you should just simply pay more frikkin' attention when (if indeed?) you go to any games yourself. Genuinely I worry about you son, do you by chance just sit there self congratulatory trouser rubbing yourself at how much better your attendance makes you as a fan...

...it would explain your lack of obsejrvance, mother warned us that sort of thing makes folk go blind :oops:

Cheerio now :wave:

Cant handle anybody disagreeing with you without chucking your toys out of your pram and resorting to teenage boys abuse can you? What I said was 'correct me if Im wrong but I dont think you went to many matches'. You didnt challenge that so I suspect its true. Now I SHOULDNT havevto explain this but just for you... if you havent seen the player very often then your view has less value. Not difficult to understand is it?. Nothing about boasting about how many games you go to. No doubt all that will be lost on you and when you cant think of a decent argument you resort to abuse.

Sep 6, 2006
Cult Of Personality":20hmjeb1 said:
Balham_Green":20hmjeb1 said:
Cult Of Personality":20hmjeb1 said:
Wont be missed as much as people think. Had lovely skills and close footwork. But also a bit of a baby who would duck out of challenges and would drift out of games alot. When he was hot he was hot but alot of the time in my eyes he did not do alot or slowed down the argyle attack because of his want to beat a player. Would rather have GC10 every day of the week then Rubean

Perhaps he drifted out of games because few players had the ability to pass the ball to him. Did you think of that?

A good player goes and gets the ball and influences the game if they are out of the game. He was up for it when he knew he had the fullback beat but come up against a player that gave him a rough ride and he would drift out the game and take the easy route out. We need players that play for the full 90. Not 10 15 minute spells

If he played like he sometimes did for 90 minutes he would never have been playing for us in the first place! Surely you see that playing for a struggling team with minimal possession on the back foot especially away from home was going to restrict him. Shows how much some understand about the game by saying he wouldnt have been much use in League 2! Unbelievable

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
@RubenLameiras
@only1argyle Your Warm Welcome Will Stay With Me Forever .
Met Some Icredible People Along The Way! I Wish My Teammates, The Staff, The New Manager, Simon & The Green Army The Very Best For The Season I’m Sure It’ll Be A Success .. On To The Next Chapter Back Home .

C

Cult Of Personality

Balham_Green":32599a7w said:
Cult Of Personality":32599a7w said:
Balham_Green":32599a7w said:
Cult Of Personality":32599a7w said:

If he played like he sometimes did for 90 minutes he would never have been playing for us in the first place! Surely you see that playing for a struggling team with minimal possession on the back foot especially away from home was going to restrict him. Shows how much some understand about the game by saying he wouldnt have been much use in League 2! Unbelievable

Oh I would argee that Adams style of play did not help him. But even when he was on the ball he was inconstant. For me this is the reason why he is not a championship player. He would of been effective in league two I don't doubt that but I dont think he was the player some people crack him up to be