Ryan Hardie what's wrong? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie what's wrong?

Jul 6, 2005
They failed to being a striker in because they was relying on us getting Coburn in on loan
Ah! So all the eggs were in one basket.

Very professional. It's not just on the pitch that we only have a Plan A.

I thought our data analysis people always identified a number of possible signings.

Jul 12, 2016
Never been a massive Hardie fan, as he's form is always streaky. For a guy with so much pace he's always been so easily marked.
I have a lot more sympathy for him this season though as flogged to death with no back up.
I would have rested him yesterday but Fozzie had to play him as Waine just back in the country and forever whatever reason Fozzie doesn't fancy Freddie, which is criminal in our position
I would still back Hardie .13 goals in a struggling side is still good going.Yes he misses a few but so do all strikers. In the last few games he has been fed scraps yet is expected to score every game. I would play Hardie and Issaka up front on Monday.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Drop the high press, encourage the opposition back line up to the half way line and play either hardie or issaka where pace can be exploilted.

Continue with the high press just tires out the strikers, leaves too big a gap between the strikers and defence.

We are not LFC or MC and IF needs to realise this and play to our strengths.

Jul 12, 2016

I thought our data analysis people always identified a number of possible signings.
I really don’t understand how data analysis seems to be the be all and end all of our recruitment. Do our “experts” look at every player or those we can afford or those under a certain age etc. Whatever criteria they use is just not working. Will we ever sign a forward again?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Hardie is still playing well and getting into goalscoring positions. He can’t be expected to score every time he is presented with an opportunity.
Totally agree with this. Also, the two opportunities yesterday weren’t as straightforward as people have been making out.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Think they have a shortlist of 5 players for each position

Sep 6, 2006
I would still back Hardie .13 goals in a struggling side is still good going.Yes he misses a few but so do all strikers. In the last few games he has been fed scraps yet is expected to score every game. I would play Hardie and Issaka up front on Monday.
So the 2 sitters yesterday were 'scraps'?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
There is no middle ground.

Hardie scores, he is going to play for Scotland. He is proper championship quality.

Hardie misses. He is feeding off scraps.

Postie highlighted it yesterday very well. Hardie is a 'streaky' player. And this is shown up in his stats since he has been with Argyle.

We badly need his 'streak' to start very soon.

Hardie is decent player. It would of been nice to see him have serious competition that would allowed him to be pushed & rested when needed. We don't have this.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
There is no middle ground.

Hardie scores, he is going to play for Scotland. He is proper championship quality.

Hardie misses. He is feeding off scraps.

Postie highlighted it yesterday very well. Hardie is a 'streaky' player. And this is shown up in his stats since he has been with Argyle.

We badly need his 'streak' to start very soon.

Hardie is decent player. It would of been nice to see him have serious competition that would allowed him to be pushed & rested when needed. We don't have this.
Thought Hardie looked more himself yesterday.. yes he failed to score but was hitting the channels and pressing off the back of the CB's just seemed he went left when ball went right where earlier in the season he gambled right. Why we didn't sign Mbappe, Haaland and Kane in January is a mystery? Salah for the bench too. That said Houghts put it on a plate for him should have buried it but great save by Gunn.

Reactions: MGM and oldage
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Totally agree with this. Also, the two opportunities yesterday weren’t as straightforward as people have been making out.

The one where he rounded the keeper is an awful miss. He just needs to look up and pass it into the net.

The other one is actually a very good save.

Hardie’s rather strange issue is whenever he has time to think about what he’s doing he tends to cock it up. But when he has to finish instinctively, or with limited touches, he tends to be quite clinical.

Sep 6, 2006
The one where he rounded the keeper is an awful miss. He just needs to look up and pass it into the net.

The other one is actually a very good save.

Hardie’s rather strange issue is whenever he has time to think about what he’s doing he tends to cock it up. But when he has to finish instinctively, or with limited touches, he tends to be quite clinical.
There do seem to be some psychological flaws. That bit where he has to be last out, then throws his water bottle away is weird too.