Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":326uiicc said:
Devongreenowl":326uiicc said:
Tugboat":326uiicc said:
Lowe replied: “I can reassure the supporters I have got two years left on my contract and if Mr Hallett wants to up it then that’s fine. I’m not going anywhere.

Whatever happened to the ‘deafening silence’? :whistle:

A comment about two weeks after the speculation that could have been made a lot earlier?

It was Alan Nixon (the Sun journalist that knows nothing), that was the first to say that Bolton probably wouldn't afford the compo and it was not thought Lowe was too interested anyway. Before that there was plenty of silence.

I like the comment about extending.

Room for negotiating a new contract now or irresponsible?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":2qn6iju8 said:
Devongreenowl":2qn6iju8 said:
Tugboat":2qn6iju8 said:
Lowe replied: “I can reassure the supporters I have got two years left on my contract and if Mr Hallett wants to up it then that’s fine. I’m not going anywhere.

A comment about two weeks after the speculation that could have been made a lot earlier?

It was Alan Nixon (the Sun journalist that knows nothing), that was the first to say that Bolton probably wouldn't afford the compo and it was not thought Lowe was too interested anyway. Before that there was plenty of silence.

He has a perfect right to keep silent about unfounded speculation, doesn't he? :think:
I will not comment on lazy journalism each time there is rumour or speculation. Keyboard warriors need to stop spreading rumours.

Jun 2, 2016
Knibbsworth":28uip2re said:
Devongreenowl":28uip2re said:
Tugboat":28uip2re said:

He won't be commenting on unfounded tittle tattle. Why would he? It's not 'silence', it's someone who has better things to do.
And he asked people to stop stirring, effectively

Aug 5, 2016
So Bolton making enquiries and working out a compensation figure at the same time Ryan Lowe is the bookies favourite for the Bolton job is "unfounded tittle tattle"? I don't think so.

A bigger club showed interest in our manager and thankfully on this occasion it came to nothing, but it certainly wasn't one fan making up a load of rubbish on twitter and it getting out of hand. Lowe was literally the bookies favourite and mentioned repeatedly in the Bolton media and by national tabloid journalists. The club was approached.

If he had no interest in leaving in the first place, he could have made it public sooner and so could the club. It was an odd way to handle it IMO.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":20heksta said:
So Bolton making enquiries and working out a compensation figure at the same time Ryan Lowe is the bookies favourite for the Bolton job is "unfounded tittle tattle"? I don't think so.

A bigger club showed interest in our manager and thankfully on this occasion it came to nothing, but it certainly wasn't one fan making up a load of rubbish on twitter and it getting out of hand. Lowe was literally the bookies favourite and mentioned repeatedly in the Bolton media and by national tabloid journalists. The club was approached.

If he had no interest in leaving in the first place, he could have made it public sooner and so could the club. It was an odd way to handle it IMO.
Your source?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Even on Twitter, local media and from Alan Nixon, there was never any suggestion that RL was actually interested.

The only thing we know is that Bolton were interested... and we’re not even 100% sure of that. We certainly don’t know that they approached Argyle, and the compensation figure means nothing even IF correct.

With that in mind, it’s patently absurd that Argyle or Ryan Lowe should have to come out and deny anything, so surely we can put this particular debate to bed. Though not even sure what the debate is, at this stage :lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Biggs":1qdnqttb said:
Even on Twitter, local media and from Alan Nixon, there was never any suggestion that RL was actually interested.

The only thing we know is that Bolton were interested... and we’re not even 100% sure of that. We certainly don’t know that they approached Argyle, and the compensation figure means nothing even IF correct.

With that in mind, it’s patently absurd that Argyle or Ryan Lowe should have to come out and deny anything, so surely we can put this particular debate to bed. Though not even sure what the debate is, at this stage :lol:
Nor me but, whatever it was about, there have been 69,762 views on 43 pages with 546 replies (547 now) but I’m done.

B

Bonehead

Anyone else sick of the phrase ‘Alan Nixon , the well respected football journalist’?

May 8, 2011
Biggs":1hmvrbkp said:

Just surprised no one asked him via his social media accounts.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
I suppose if no one asked him via his social media accounts , he can hardly be held accountable for that . What is your view on this subject HC ? Do you feel that RL should be responding to such speculation ?

May 8, 2011
Only if he is asked. But unless the person asking was a trusted personal friend the only replies I believe he could give were either a no or thanks for asking but I can’t answer that.

As he wasn’t interested in the job it seems a shame no one asked him. I’m sure Chris Errington will have his telephone number a quick call from him would have stopped all the speculation.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s not going to Bolton. He’s now said that.

LET IT GO ffs :banghead:

Dec 8, 2019
Tugboat":22n0tkf5 said:
He’s not going to Bolton. He’s now said that.

LET IT GO ffs :banghead:

Absolutely.

Also, as he alluded to in the virtual forum, if he commented on this bit of speculation that would then set a precedent for either RL/SH/AP to comment every single time he is on the betting list, which I would imagine for most lower league jobs, he is going to be