Ryan Lowe's post-match reaction | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe's post-match reaction

Aug 8, 2014
Action speaks louder than words, very doubtful he will do anything different. He's been very pally with the 'group' all season. Really hope he gives lolos the chance.... He deserves the last 6 games with our proper CF Ennis. Hardie has looked disinterested majority of the season and jephcott needs a holiday

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
elburtontrev":3hdlqo44 said:
Action speaks louder than words, very doubtful he will do anything different. He's been very pally with the 'group' all season. Really hope he gives lolos the chance.... He deserves the last 6 games with our proper CF Ennis. Hardie has looked disinterested majority of the season and jephcott needs a holiday
I recall Paul Sturton a few times saying "some if these people will not play agsin" before naming an unchanged team the next week.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
elburtontrev":1f5pbnzr said:

Hardie disinterested? Seriously?

The amount of running he does off the ball tells a different story.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
We'll see how the team reacts to this in the coming weeks.

Whilst Adams, never really did post-match rants (not for us, anyway), Sheridan certainly did - there are a few occasions that stick in my mind, such as Morecambe away 2013, Accrington away 2014 and York away 2015. And boy didn't they help. All 3 of them were followed by a run of form that was worse, not better, than before.

B*llock your players behind closed doors, sure. But I hope this rant works - I fear it may not.

B

Bonehead

xmastree":1l5wcsq7 said:
Ok, he's had his rant, but will much change at this stage of the season? He's not going to "play the kids" to any degree - two of them are at Torquay anyway. He hasn't got a lot of options - Moore's regressed, Reeves doesn't do anything for me, Jephcott's out of form, Lewis can't defend, Woods is injured, and I'll hazard a wild guess that Macleod is too. He might give Lolos a start, but I can't see him chucking the very young Tomlinson in against Hull.

Today's worst selection was Watts at LB. He was totally out of his depth, and that disrupted the left side going forward

SPOT ON

Oct 14, 2015
His rant about playing the kids is very bad timing. With Hull due in town on Saturday I think it’s pretty obvious he won’t play them although he’ll probably make one or two changes. So by not playing them after threatening to do so makes you look at bit of a chump.

May 8, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":2ju2l0lv said:
His rant about playing the kids is very bad timing. With Hull due in town on Saturday I think it’s pretty obvious he won’t play them although he’ll probably make one or two changes. So by not playing them after threatening to do so makes you look at bit of a chump.

By saying the kids he must be meaning the U18s as Lolos and Tomlinson were in the squad and Randell and Law are at Torquay and Cleal is unavailable, which just leaves Wilson. So it does seem a spur of the moment thing to say.

Sep 2, 2008
HC Green":15w8be8o said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":15w8be8o said:

By saying the kids he must be meaning the U18s as Lolos and Tomlinson were in the squad and Randell and Law are at Torquay and Cleal is unavailable, which just leaves Wilson. So it does seem a spur of the moment thing to say.

Another example of him just saying what you want/expect to hear. He's a salesman not a manager.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2gkchdcp said:
HC Green":2gkchdcp said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2gkchdcp said:

Another example of him just saying what you want/expect to hear. He's a salesman not a manager.

Exactly, he should be a real manager and blame algae or shirt colour.

I think we should cut RL some slack. He was interviewed minutes after the whistle, was angry, frustrated as hell, and said many of the things you or I would at that time, when an interview an hour later might have produced more considered words.

I would be worried if he wasn’t angry and frustrated, and had simply come up with limp excuses. I want a manager who cares enough to get angry and lets his squad know it. It’s what he does from now that matters, and the reaction on Saturday will be instructive.

Sep 2, 2008
PlymOdi":3cykc3ew said:
Pottypilgrim":3cykc3ew said:
HC Green":3cykc3ew said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":3cykc3ew said:

Exactly, he should be a real manager and blame algae or shirt colour.

Or maybe he should just accept responsibility, after all, he does pick the team and dictates how they should play.

These last few games are going to be a real test for him as imo the players think we are safe and are already on vacation. They're looking to not get injured to jeopardise impending moves and are just going through the motions. Lowe is going to see for himself that there is no loyalty in football. Giving players a Contract does not mean that they are going to be your friend and he needs to stop managing the team as if he's one of them.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He criticised the team without mentioning any individuals. He knows what they are capable of as the same squad have performed far better in many games this season. He was perfectly entitled to make those comments.
If he decides to make changes, he could bring in McLeod, Sawyer, Reeves as starters.
I think that Edwards was carrying a knock for much of the game yesterday and the normally dangerous left side of our attack was non-existent.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Perhaps RL has been reading the Mourinho book of football management? Having said that, I see no reason why a professional footballer should not accept criticism / bollockings for a poor performance, just the same as a Chief Executive should castigate a Contracts Manager for failing performances. Some of these guys are on very good annual salaries [I know the old chestnut about short careers too] but as the former US President Truman said, 'if you cannot stand the heat son, get out of the kitchen'. Remember, they get praised in post match interviews too, for good performances. Argyle's players should be able to take it on their chins.