Ryan Lowe's post-match reaction | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe's post-match reaction

Mar 14, 2009
Cobi Budge":2hrud7ca said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2hrud7ca said:
I can’t honestly say hand on heart Lowe is a good manager currently as lm not sure what evidence there is to back this up.

His record thus far suggests he is, two promotions followed by consolidation in the league above. Is he perfect? No. Is he doing quite well given it's very early in his managerial career? Yes.

Adams got us out of league two. I can’t say he was a good manager.

I look for a method or a style in their management and try and see this reflected in the team. As a passing, forward attacking style team l just can’t see a improvement from last season. Some better players. I wouldn’t say the football is better.

Sure it early days in his managerial career. That’s why l said jury is out. We wait and see. And hope. I’m not calling for his head. I’m just being honest about what personally l’ve seen so far. I accept others think very differently.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":3jq7kg8j said:
Cobi Budge":3jq7kg8j said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3jq7kg8j said:
I can’t honestly say hand on heart Lowe is a good manager currently as lm not sure what evidence there is to back this up.

His record thus far suggests he is, two promotions followed by consolidation in the league above. Is he perfect? No. Is he doing quite well given it's very early in his managerial career? Yes.

I look for a method or a style in their management and try and see this reflected in the team. As a passing, forward attacking style team l just can’t see a improvement from last season. Some better players. I wouldn’t say the football is better.

Sure it early days in his managerial career. That’s why l said jury is out. We wait and see. And hope. I’m not calling for his head. I’m just being honest about what personally l’ve seen so far. I accept others think very differently.

Adams’ career to date would suggest he is a good manager, he’s had far more good seasons than bad, that’s not to say I enjoyed his time here all that much, but I don’t think it can be argued he has a strong CV and he’s only bolstering that at Morecambe.

I think you’re looking for style over substance, which isn’t a bad thing, I’m often the same, but results at the end of the day are what football is about and thus far Ryan Lowe has achieved what he’s been tasked with.

Sep 2, 2008
Cobi Budge":1hdysh5z said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hdysh5z said:

Lets just ignore the relegation even though he took over at Bury in the January and still had plenty of time to keep them up.

For me, this season has shown that he/his staff are not able to identify what our issues are especially during the course of the game and more importantly, what to do about them. Next season will be the real test for him. He keeps saying that they are all learning so it will be interesting to see if he has learned anything or will he still be saying the same things.

I personally am not convinced but as I want Argyle to do well, I really hope he proves me wrong.

Btw, does anyone know if he's moved his family down here yet?

Mar 14, 2009
Cobi Budge":lavq0gfz said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":lavq0gfz said:
Cobi Budge":lavq0gfz said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":lavq0gfz said:

Adams’ career to date would suggest he is a good manager, he’s had far more good seasons than bad, that’s not to say I enjoyed his time here all that much, but I don’t think it can be argued he has a strong CV and he’s only bolstering that at Morecambe.

I think you’re looking for style over substance, which isn’t a bad thing, I’m often the same, but results at the end of the day are what football is about and thus far Ryan Lowe has achieved what he’s been tasked with.

If l was looking for style over substance l’d think differently surely? I would talk more about the flashy bits of skills than l would about the continuation of passing backwards and sideways to the opposition.

With Lowe l’d argue are we seeing a style or a substance? When he talks with hear about a style. However, lm not much of a fan of sound bites. I’m more of....ok then....let’s see your talking on the pitch.

I want substance. Adams team didn’t have substance. It had Sonny Bradley. When you removed him you saw exactly what substance Argyle had. I don’t call lining up with 9 behind the ball and leaving Taylor up front on his own very substantial. I don’t call bringing on another defensive player, when the team couldn’t defend, for an attacking player that of a manager with tactical substance. He got found out.

How many times did Adams say we played well. And we didn’t. Telling us that a 2-1 win was a performance of substance when we watched the same game as him and often were wondering what he was talking about.

Maybe he is better than what l think he is. However, he had four years here and the proof was in the pudding at the end of the day.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
I’d say he’s a good manager - got Bury out of league two on a team of free transfers and repeated the feat at Argyle with no money to spend and kept us up this season again with no money to spend. Look at the other teams who came up with us last season only Crewe are doing any better and only two points at that, yet a lot of people in football really rate their manager. Think people are being very harsh on RL after yesterday’s defeat. If he shows passion he is criticised, if he doesn’t react and makes excuses he is criticised - he can’t win really can he.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Bezza":2jvvnxo9 said:
I’d say he’s a good manager - got Bury out of league two on a team of free transfers and repeated the feat at Argyle with no money to spend and kept us up this season again with no money to spend. Look at the other teams who came up with us last season only Crewe are doing any better and only two points at that, yet a lot of people in football really rate their manager. Think people are being very harsh on RL after yesterday’s defeat. If he shows passion he is criticised, if he doesn’t react and makes excuses he is criticised - he can’t win really can he.
i largely agree with your post bezza,he is a good manager with much to learn.however,he has had money to spend on niall and ryan.

Feb 13, 2021
I genuinely believe that many of the games we have not performed, they would have got an instant kick up the butt from the 12th man!
US the supporters would have let them know in no uncertain terms we were not happy! These are very different times we are playing in and sometimes when players mind sets and energy levels are not there we are there to lift them!
But not this season!
If fans are back next season and we don’t improve on this season then yes the team and coaching staff will be open to criticism!

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":2mzb0x2k said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mzb0x2k said:

That's your opinion but others are less convinced he is a good manager.He has won promotion in the normal way only once.
IMO last season we were very lucky to get promoted.
Admittedly he has kept us in this division but the football he promised has, by and large failed to materialise.

Dec 30, 2011
Keith_Whitfield":3opkr9jb said:
Think you've got it spot on, Philevs. Ryan Lowe is a good manager, potentially a very good one, but his person-management skills need some improving. Creating an oppositional divide within the workforce is never a way to go. And all this nonsense about "giving a good bollocking" is about as close to good management as Elburton Villa are to the Premiership. The players know that they had a bad day at the office. They don't need to be told that. What they need is constructive advice as to how they don't let that happen again.

To my mind, Ryan Lowe messed up with his post-match interview, allowing emotion to overcome good sense. Apparently, he has been learning how the RNLI deal with difficult situations. That should teach him a thing or two about needing to be constructive rather than overly-emotional. He's not a fan; not even a supporter. He's the bloke with whom the buck stops and he's got to realise how he best turns around a bad situation. Any manager worth his or her salt will tell him that careful, constructive words carry more weight than emotional sounding-off.

I dont see the need to interview managers immediately after games - they either say nothing worth listening to or something they later wish they hadnt said. I fast forward MOTD when we get to the manager/player interviews.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
oldage":2p8pefzc said:

How so? I really don't get this we were fortunate to be promoted thing.

We were in the top three when the season ended, we were in the title race (1 point separating us and Crewe who were top), we certainly weren't in poor form, in fact I think we won our final two games of last season three nil.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Bezza":vtodppc8 said:

I’ve been thinking along similar lines. Whilst we’d all like to have seen Argyle ripping up League 1 with fast, attacking football this season and whilst we’d all like to think we’re inherently a bigger and better club than Swindon. Crewe and Northampton, the truth is that we came up with those three teams and so they provide a good benchmark to compare ourselves against. Seen like this it is hard to argue that this season hasn’t been reasonably successful. The big concern is whether the squad will be stronger at the end of this season than it was at the end of last.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keith_Whitfield":31y2ie1v said:
Think you've got it spot on, Philevs. Ryan Lowe is a good manager, potentially a very good one, but his person-management skills need some improving. Creating an oppositional divide within the workforce is never a way to go. And all this nonsense about "giving a good bollocking" is about as close to good management as Elburton Villa are to the Premiership. The players know that they had a bad day at the office. They don't need to be told that. What they need is constructive advice as to how they don't let that happen again.

To my mind, Ryan Lowe messed up with his post-match interview, allowing emotion to overcome good sense. Apparently, he has been learning how the RNLI deal with difficult situations. That should teach him a thing or two about needing to be constructive rather than overly-emotional. He's not a fan; not even a supporter. He's the bloke with whom the buck stops and he's got to realise how he best turns around a bad situation. Any manager worth his or her salt will tell him that careful, constructive words carry more weight than emotional sounding-off.

A bad day at office? There have been too many bad days at the office ( a ridiculous notion anyway, just another puerile Americanism), so it would appear that they either don`t take advice/instruction or else act in a willfull fashion. They are adults working in the public eye in a results driven business, if they can`t take criticism then maybe another form of employment. I don`t expect them to win every game but I do expect them to try.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":1bmb5xb1 said:
Cobi Budge":1bmb5xb1 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1bmb5xb1 said:

That's your opinion but others are less convinced he is a good manager.He has won promotion in the normal way only once.
Admittedly he has kept us in this division but the football he promised has, by and large failed to materialise.

And that is your opinion, a vast number of others won't agree with you.

Far from being lucky to get promoted, In my opinion Covid cost us a title.

Mar 18, 2014
I don't get this loving up the players crap, they deserve a full hairdryer.

If this was any other job some of them would be facing the sack.

if they are crap they deserve what they get - why should Lowe always have to give "constructive criticism". Years ago I remember Luggy putting out a team at Kidderminster and openly told the press players were playing for their future, and after the match making it clear which ones would be moving on.

Lowe was mild in comparison

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":gpa9e15b said:
oldage":gpa9e15b said:
Cobi Budge":gpa9e15b said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":gpa9e15b said:

And that is your opinion, a vast number of others won't agree with you.

Far from being lucky to get promoted, In my opinion Covid cost us a title.
Covid cost us the title? We staggered over the line. The worse promotion winning team I have witnessed. How do you know a vast number of others won't agree with me?