Sarcevic moving on (15.07.20 - signs for Bolton, confirmed) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic moving on (15.07.20 - signs for Bolton, confirmed)

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":31nbwri9 said:
He did well in League two. Is that his level? I personally think so. When l think about him last season l just kept thinking in that creative attacking CAM postion you need more creativity. He scored one or two cracking goals. Yet the majority were penalties. .

I’d agree that’s his level. He’s a very good player at L2 level but he didn’t exactly stand out for us in L1 and given his previous clubs at that level have moved him on pretty quick there’s a pattern there. I wanted him to stay, especially after what he has done through lockdown, but in terms of playing ability I’d say he’s more easily replaceable than our previous three POTS that have all left.

Three L2 promotions on his CV already is pretty good going though and he’ll probably add another with Bolton.

May 8, 2011
Sam Barker":3iux839y said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3iux839y said:
He did well in League two. Is that his level? I personally think so. When l think about him last season l just kept thinking in that creative attacking CAM postion you need more creativity. He scored one or two cracking goals. Yet the majority were penalties. .

I’d agree that’s his level. He’s a very good player at L2 level but he didn’t exactly stand out for us in L1 and given his previous clubs at that level have moved him on pretty quick there’s a pattern there. I wanted him to stay, especially after what he has done through lockdown, but in terms of playing ability I’d say he’s more easily replaceable than our previous three POTS that have all left.

Three L2 promotions on his CV already is pretty good going though and he’ll probably add another with Bolton.

So as you believe Sarcevic isn’t League 1 standard you must have thought that Lowe, Dewsnip etc were wrong to offer him a contract and should have released him as if he had stayed you seem to think he would have weakened the squad.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Much underated by some on here, I feel he is a loss. You can't have a midfield of the likes of Cooper and Mayor without someone to do the box to box running, tackling, etc. I felt that is what he did very well last season. It will be interesting to see who is brought in to replace him.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":38sk4nxl said:
Sam Barker":38sk4nxl said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":38sk4nxl said:

So as you believe Sarcevic isn’t League 1 standard you must have thought that Lowe, Dewsnip etc were wrong to offer him a contract and should have released him as if he had stayed you seem to think he would have weakened the squad.

You must have missed the part where I said I wanted him to stay. :lol:

I was just agreeing that I think L2 is his level. No disrespect meant but he’s now had three promotions from that level and is still playing in it.

Like Nicky Adams at Northampton. Very good footballer that always seems to be playing at the top end of L2.

Jun 27, 2019
Why are we talking about a League Two player on the main board? This guy should be moved to the Football Forum.

Aug 5, 2016
Sam Barker":1m2dbmso said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1m2dbmso said:

If not Sarcevic then, who else stood out for Argyle in midfield the season we finished 7th?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1mq27ivf said:
Sam Barker":1mq27ivf said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1mq27ivf said:

If not Sarcevic then, who else stood out for Argyle in midfield the season we finished 7th?

Toumani Diagouraga