Season is over. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

Feb 15, 2005
evil_dave86":gu6dq5mw said:
HC Green":gu6dq5mw said:
There is a possibility although quite slim that if League 1 clubs get awkward and can’t agree on an outcome then League 1 is declared null and void with no promotion or relegation to it or from it. This still leaves the possibility of promotion and relegation between the Premier League and the Championship which I suspect is all the powers that be and the media really care about.

That's my concern too. Given how 'sympathetic' the Peterborough chairman appears to be.

I’m sure if we were in Peterborough’s position we would want the league played out to a conclusion. It appears we are going to be fortunate but what is going to happen next season is going to be crucial for many teams whatever division they are in.

Jun 27, 2019
evil_dave86":3tq8beji said:
HC Green":3tq8beji said:
There is a possibility although quite slim that if League 1 clubs get awkward and can’t agree on an outcome then League 1 is declared null and void with no promotion or relegation to it or from it. This still leaves the possibility of promotion and relegation between the Premier League and the Championship which I suspect is all the powers that be and the media really care about.

That's my concern too. Given how 'sympathetic' the Peterborough chairman appears to be.

The FA have already said they will not allow the Premier League season to be null and voided, so it would be pretty odd if they allowed the EFL divisions to be.

Lots of half empty glasses on here tonight. Which reminds me, I need to fill mine up again...

Mar 29, 2020
On Exeweb they taking it pretty good..they are manly moaning about the Playoffs....not with us nicking there Promotion spot.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Frankly, based on their overall form this season, I think they do deserve the opportunity to participate in the playoffs.
If they are promoted, it will give us the chance of revenge for this season’s debacle.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3q6aftzl said:
I'll wait until it's official.

From Colchester United's website

League Two clubs have agreed unanimously to end the regular season, but to complete the Play-Offs to decide the fourth promotion place.

Should this agreement be ratified by the official EFL vote, Colchester United in sixth place would make it into the Play-Offs.

The fourth tier clubs met on Friday, and in principle agreed to ending the regular League Two season immediately.

It is expected that a formal vote will take place early next week, but it is now clear how the clubs see things progressing.

All twenty four clubs agreed to the final league positions being decided on a Points per Game basis, and the three top clubs, Swindon Town, Crewe Alexandra and Plymouth Argyle, gaining promotion to League One.

The clubs also thought that the Play-Offs should be completed with teams in fourth to seventh place in the division playing out the usual two-legged Semi-Final and Final scenario.

The points per game calculations would see fifth placed Cheltenham Town jump above Exeter City into fourth, meaning the U's facing Exeter over two legs in the Play-Off Semi-Final.

Until this matter is put through an official EFL vote next week, and agreed, no decision will be made on Play-Off dates.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
mervyn":33ql9dxt said:
Using head not heart, it would be best if Exeter gained promotion with us. It raises the profile of football in the West Country and gives two sell-out derby games.

Not if the games are behind closed doors until 2021 as many predict.

Jul 6, 2005
HC Green":32tum0b7 said:
It's definitely not time to celebrate yet. We must wait for ratification, hopefully sooner rather than later.

However, as cautious as we must be it would be illogical to think that any team in League 1 would deliberately cut off their nose to spite their face and sabotage promotion and relegation. You would have to be a real *ss-hole to do that and be prepared to be treated like pariahs for upsetting the majority of other clubs.

Surely the whole point of the revolt led by the self-serving, egotistical Darragh McAntony is to achieve promotion. He has put £Millions into Peterborough to get them into the Championship and he's not going to back down without a fight.

But the cost for all of the League 1 clubs to test their players and officials is prohibitive and surely not financially viable. Many clubs who are already deep in debt would face the prospect of having to put on matches that will cost a fortune to stage but with little or no revenue coming back in.

League 2 - and Port Vale in particular - have shown the way and with the support of the FA, the EFL and maybe one or two League 1 clubs who may re-consider their position over the next few days, they will do the decent thing.

For those speculating on how many teams will be promoted from League 2 subject to ratification, the official statement from Colchester is a lot more forthcoming than the understandably cautious one issued by Argyle.

They state unequivocally that Swindon, Crewe and Argyle will go up automatically, with the 4th place being decided by the Play-offs.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":t1bdmx32 said:
HC Green":t1bdmx32 said:
It's definitely not time to celebrate yet. We must wait for ratification, hopefully sooner rather than later.

However, as cautious as we must be it would be illogical to think that any team in League 1 would deliberately cut off their nose to spite their face and sabotage promotion and relegation. You would have to be a real *ss-hole to do that and be prepared to be treated like pariahs for upsetting the majority of other clubs.

Surely the whole point of the revolt led by the self-serving, egotistical Darragh McAntony is to achieve promotion. He has put £Millions into Peterborough to get them into the Championship and he's not going to back down without a fight.

But the cost for all of the League 1 clubs to test their players and officials is prohibitive and surely not financially viable. Many clubs who are already deep in debt would face the prospect of having to put on matches that will cost a fortune to stage but with little or no revenue coming back in.

League 2 - and Port Vale in particular - have shown the way and with the support of the FA, the EFL and maybe one or two League 1 clubs who may re-consider their position over the next few days, they will do the decent thing.

For those speculating on how many teams will be promoted from League 2 subject to ratification, the official statement from Colchester is a lot more forthcoming than the understandably cautious one issued by Argyle.

They state unequivocally that Swindon, Crewe and Argyle will go up automatically, with the 4th place being decided by the Play-offs.

Col.u will have prob in the play offs then. Havent they got rid of most of their players?

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":30icifio said:
I’m afraid until the leagues above sort out what they are going to do it is currently abit of a mess.

No way is MacAnthony and these other clubs he has formed an alliance with going quietly.

This was my fear. At a time we are in a Pandemic situation you aren’t going to unite football clubs but have some, as we seen in the SPL, battling for their own self interests.

If for example certain league one clubs refuse to find a way forward in agreement then the ramifications for Argyle would be interesting. I mean imagine if they take it to court? Argyle might not know for weeks or months if promotion to league one is confirmed and halt our preparations.

I don’t think it will be all sorted unfortunately this easily because the higher up the league table you go the more self interest of clubs is highlighted. Three more leagues to be sorted. If football season isn’t completed l fear a bloody mess as clubs refusal to unite over a system of agreement to settle the season.

What l will say though is well done league 2 owners for coming together in agreement. Some common sense in football, including having a mini playoff tournament.

According to you, all the way through the season we were NEVER likely to get promotion anyway. You told us that every week. Remember? Glass half empty or what.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyleloyal87":3mj2kbdc said:
PL2 3DQ":3mj2kbdc said:
I'll wait until it's official.

From Colchester United's website

League Two clubs have agreed unanimously to end the regular season, but to complete the Play-Offs to decide the fourth promotion place.

Should this agreement be ratified by the official EFL vote, Colchester United in sixth place would make it into the Play-Offs.

The fourth tier clubs met on Friday, and in principle agreed to ending the regular League Two season immediately.

It is expected that a formal vote will take place early next week, but it is now clear how the clubs see things progressing.

All twenty four clubs agreed to the final league positions being decided on a Points per Game basis, and the three top clubs, Swindon Town, Crewe Alexandra and Plymouth Argyle, gaining promotion to League One.

The clubs also thought that the Play-Offs should be completed with teams in fourth to seventh place in the division playing out the usual two-legged Semi-Final and Final scenario.

The points per game calculations would see fifth placed Cheltenham Town jump above Exeter City into fourth, meaning the U's facing Exeter over two legs in the Play-Off Semi-Final.

Until this matter is put through an official EFL vote next week, and agreed, no decision will be made on Play-Off dates.

Thanks but that's just a rehash of the EFL statement. The situation does look promising for us but nothing has been confirmed yet.