Season is over. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
The wording on Sky sports news is " three teams promoted and the play offs will take place ".

Do they mean three teams promoted plus one from the play offs or three teams promoted including one from the play offs??

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The club is, of course, aware that the proposed model would earn us promotion to Sky Bet League One

The model needs approval at EFL Board on Wednesday. i think the big issue relates to the proposal of not relegating a side to the National League.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mar 29, 2020
It mean 3 are definitely promoted....why would they mention it if it wasn’t going to happen....

Mar 29, 2020
League 1 are mucking about......can’t see League 1 finishing either but let them have their moment of stamping there feet and sticking there chest out.....the only team that to me that would lose out is Sunderland.... Oxford,Fleetwood,Portsmouth and Peterborough will be in the playoffs...and Ipswich won’t even get close.

Mar 14, 2009
I’m afraid until the leagues above sort out what they are going to do it is currently abit of a mess.

No way is MacAnthony and these other clubs he has formed an alliance with going quietly.

This was my fear. At a time we are in a Pandemic situation you aren’t going to unite football clubs but have some, as we seen in the SPL, battling for their own self interests.

If for example certain league one clubs refuse to find a way forward in agreement then the ramifications for Argyle would be interesting. I mean imagine if they take it to court? Argyle might not know for weeks or months if promotion to league one is confirmed and halt our preparations.

I don’t think it will be all sorted unfortunately this easily because the higher up the league table you go the more self interest of clubs is highlighted. Three more leagues to be sorted. If football season isn’t completed l fear a bloody mess as clubs refusal to unite over a system of agreement to settle the season.

What l will say though is well done league 2 owners for coming together in agreement. Some common sense in football, including having a mini playoff tournament.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Hmm. Better put that nice bottle of champagne back in the fridge. On second thoughts---it's Friday and um um--well there must be another excuse to open it now! (Trots off to kitchen, singing a little song and flexing bubbly opening fingers)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Kersie":1x8bipk8 said:
League 1 are mucking about......can’t see League 1 finishing either but let them have their moment of stamping there feet and sticking there chest out.....the only team that to me that would lose out is Sunderland.... Oxford,Fleetwood,Portsmouth and Peterborough will be in the playoffs...and Ipswich won’t even get close.

Under PPG Wycombe will move into playoffs.

Mar 29, 2020
Yeah and the teams in the playoffs know that....that’s why Peterborough are kicking off about it...because they would lose out.... simply