Season is over. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

Oct 16, 2016
Congratulations to PAFC. I suppose the beauty of this is that there is now a good opportunity to plan for LG 1 and next season, hopefully

Penmaster":2nm4xote said:
mervyn":2nm4xote said:
Penmaster":2nm4xote said:
Not how I read it.

Only 3 teams promoted. No teams relegated.

Play offs confirmed. I think we are in the play offs chaps.

I think you’ve been taking the wrong tablets.

Only voicing my interpretation of what was said on Sky News (which may well be wrong). That said 3 clubs promoted from L2. Not 4 clubs. Which would mean we are in play offs. I hope this is incorrect and we are indeed promoted.

Fairy Nuff Penmaster. It is badly worded and open to misinterpretation. I withdraw my tablets comment.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Simon Stone
BBC Sport

It is understood League Two clubs were in collective agreement that current bottom club, Stevenage, should not be relegated.

Owner Phil Wallace told BBC Sport: “My preference is to finish the league so we have the opportunity to play our way out of trouble.

“We have 10 games to play and are three points behind, with a game in hand, why should I think it was not possible to get out of it?

“The League Two clubs cannot decide this. We can only tell the EFL of their indicative position but that is the collective view.

“It would cost us £140,000 for the tests, we would have to bring players out of furlough and comply with a 47-page health and safety document regarding sterilisation of stadiums etc

Mar 23, 2019
Cult Of Personality":3jhaycvs said:
Feels hollow and cheap to celebrate a promotion off the pitch.

I suppose now we can sort out refunding back money to us fans who have lost out on games on there season tickets and for fans that brought tickets for games such as Exeter. Full refund for those games the only way

Weird that this is your first thought

C

Cult Of Personality

Action Jackson":o38gcppy said:
Cult Of Personality":o38gcppy said:

I suppose now we can sort out refunding back money to us fans who have lost out on games on there season tickets and for fans that brought tickets for games such as Exeter. Full refund for those games the only way

I just would of liked to have seen it happen. Nothing beats the feeling of winning promotion or the league.That party atmosphere. We been robbed of those great days by the bloody virus. And who knows when us the fans will actually see Argyle in league 1 . I am glad people are happy and can celebrate Argyle going up . But for me it feels hollow and just another sign of this virus wrecking our lives and what we enjoy in life

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Some kind of compensation to full season ticket holders is justified (presumably using games not played to discount the cost of next season's ticket) but I for one won't be pressing PAFC for a refund of my Exeter ticket.

Action Jackson":maz50fkv said:
Cult Of Personality":maz50fkv said:

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Cult Of Personality":gvr53j8e said:
Action Jackson":gvr53j8e said:
Cult Of Personality":gvr53j8e said:

I just would have liked to have seen it happen. Nothing beats the feeling of winning promotion or the league.That party atmosphere. We been robbed of those great days by the bloody virus. And who knows when us the fans will actually see Argyle in league 1 . I am glad people are happy and can celebrate Argyle going up . But for me it feels hollow and just another sign of this virus wrecking our lives and what we enjoy in life

I think Action Jackson was more concerned about your thoughts regarding refunds.

Apr 1, 2017
Certainly take that decision that's gets us out if this horrible league at the first attempt.
Let's face it we could of ended up in the play offs lottery.
Now we can start planning for league one, signing cooper and keeping Danny is a must and maybe adding Palmer.
Complete new defence is needed also. . exciting times ahead once we sorted out a vaccine.

Oct 31, 2015
jespafc":1etw9ss2 said:
Does this in some small way make up for that 'goal' Scunny scored against us last season?

No but it does make up a little for that debacle at Stanley overseen by the previous management.If we do get promoted

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Nothing decided until league 1 agree a way forward and potentially the Championship as well as they have to be in sync re promotion and relegation.

I have to admire the McAnthony of Peterborough chutzpah....it would be outrageous not to complete the season, unfair, he'll fight it in the courts....lacks integrity etc etc but he is happy to allow clubs to forfeit....hence er not completing their season but gifting him three points if it is his opponents. That of course is only sensible and has total integrity....

Why not just say I am going to fight for something that is in my own clubs self interest and sod the consequences for players health and anyone who disagrees with me....

All this will do is solve the immediate problem, assuming there is a solution on Monday L1 can agree on....we still have to confront how and when the new season starts....imagine you are in Hallets position now...when do you let Lowe sign players and what budget do you set without knowing when the season will start or you might get crowd revenues?

We a re lucky to have the ownership we have.....and it will be a strong selling point when Lowe talks to players that we have a stable financial backer.....