Season is over. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
greenteign":j8344vio said:
Some kind of compensation to full season ticket holders is justified (presumably using games not played to discount the cost of next season's ticket) but I for one won't be pressing PAFC for a refund of my Exeter ticket.

Ditto. I wont be queuing up to kick PAFC in the wazzocks when their back is against the wall. There is some possibility we will go bust here.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
rsp4":223roj6t said:
jespafc":223roj6t said:
Does this in some small way make up for that 'goal' Scunny scored against us last season?

No but it does make up a little for that debacle at Stanley overseen by the previous management.If we do get promoted

Makes no sense, but thanks.

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
ghost of hughie reed":1qlqry82 said:
greenteign":1qlqry82 said:
Some kind of compensation to full season ticket holders is justified (presumably using games not played to discount the cost of next season's ticket) but I for one won't be pressing PAFC for a refund of my Exeter ticket.

Ditto. I wont be queuing up to kick PAFC in the wazzocks when their back is against the wall. There is some possibility we will go bust here.

Simon Hallett seemed pretty positive about Argyle's financial position in a recent ITV News interview (go to bottom of page for video):

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... unliklely/

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'll wait until it's official.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
PL2 3DQ":1m36uqre said:
I'll wait until it's official.

Agree, I think there maybe a few twists yet. We really have to wait for the Prem, the Championship and L1, particularly the latter and the odious P'boro chairman.

I think there may not be play offs, as I'm sure there will be some strenuous battles by clubs not wishing to be relegated.

As it stands, delighted for Argyle (why wouldn't anyone be) and also pleased for Barrow, who may get back in the league.

Jul 3, 2013
Promotion it is, happy with that.

League One is a nightmare, if done on points per game Wycombe would be in the Championship. They currently lie in 8th position!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Stiffler":2q1l1o4n said:
Promotion it is, happy with that.

League One is a nightmare, if done on points per game Wycombe would be in the Championship. They currently lie in 8th position!

The saying in the game used to be "better to have the points than games in hand" - not in Wycombe's case it seems.

Mar 23, 2019
Cult Of Personality":3h9ybq0w said:
Action Jackson":3h9ybq0w said:
Cult Of Personality":3h9ybq0w said:
Feels hollow and cheap to celebrate a promotion off the pitch.

I suppose now we can sort out refunding back money to us fans who have lost out on games on there season tickets and for fans that brought tickets for games such as Exeter. Full refund for those games the only way

Weird that this is your first thought

I just would have liked to have seen it happen. Nothing beats the feeling of winning promotion or the league.That party atmosphere. We been robbed of those great days by the bloody virus. And who knows when us the fans will actually see Argyle in league 1 . I am glad people are happy and can celebrate Argyle going up . But for me it feels hollow and just another sign of this virus wrecking our lives and what we enjoy in life

I meant requesting a refund two minutes after the club finds out it's getting promoted.

Following on from your first point, we deserve to get promoted. Of course it doesn't feel as good as a proper promotion but it's well deserved. Lets hope we dont see League 2 for a very long time again, what a shocking league.

Apr 1, 2009
jespafc":33w4es8t said:
rsp4":33w4es8t said:
jespafc":33w4es8t said:
Does this in some small way make up for that 'goal' Scunny scored against us last season?

No but it does make up a little for that debacle at Stanley overseen by the previous management.If we do get promoted

Makes no sense, but thanks.

Scunthorpe's goal utterly irrelevant - we won that game. Accrington debacle got us relegated.

Jun 27, 2019
I'm celebrating. There's no way this won't be ratified by the FA, who have already said that divisions have to be settled by sporting merit whether the remaining games are played or not. As for the EFL, they'll be delighted to have one division in the bag and will use League Two's vote to put pressure on League One to make a decision.

BTW, anyone who has mentioned season ticket refunds needs to have a word with themselves. We have no idea when next season will start and how much of it will have to be played behind closed doors; Argyle are in for a tough short-term future financially.

As a great man once said, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Jan 27, 2012
Good news for Argyle if this gets implemented.

I argued on a separate thread that this would never happen. Hopefully I was wrong. However I don’t think it will be as straightforward in League One and the Championship, where legal action is likely.

Argyle have not yet been promoted- that still needs to be confirmed. It might still depend on what happens in the divisions above.