Season is over. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season is over.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Kersie":6zom62bb said:
It mean 3 are definitely promoted....why would they mention it if it wasn’t going to happen....

It doesn’t say 3 are definitely promoted. It says 3 would be promoted with 4 other teams being in the play-offs for a 4th promotion spot IF the plan is accepted overall, i.e. when League 1, Championship and Premier League sort themselves out. League 2 clubs can’t decide ANYTHING on their own. All that has happened here is that the League 2 clubs have reached a unanimous position about what they want to happen. For us, the particular significance of that is that there are NOT clubs in the division arguing that it is wrong for us to be counted as one of the top 3, or that there shouldn’t be promotion at all, or that there should be promotion play-offs involving any of the current top 3 teams.

Dec 4, 2011
I'm obviously aware that nothing is final yet but I am relieved we won't have to go through the play off route.
It will be interesting how this is decided as expecting a team to be match fit for just two games seems harsh, so maybe a mini league of 6 games each?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Kersie":3rupywwg said:
It mean 3 are definitely promoted....why would they mention it if it wasn’t going to happen....
It says 3 are promoted?

So why are they having the play offs?

Mar 29, 2020
It doesn’t say waiting on League 1, Championship and Premier League to decide....You can still have no Promotion in League 1 and League 2 still Promoted.

May 8, 2011
There is a possibility although quite slim that if League 1 clubs get awkward and can’t agree on an outcome then League 1 is declared null and void with no promotion or relegation to it or from it. This still leaves the possibility of promotion and relegation between the Premier League and the Championship which I suspect is all the powers that be and the media really care about.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
mervyn":f9fh70mn said:
I can thoroughly recommend a visit to exeweb. Much gnashing of teeth.
I especially enjoyed this one:

"And so the scum get promoted, probably at the expense of us. FFS"

:wave: :funny:

Mar 29, 2020
That won’t never happen because that isn’t what there voting on.....it’s either playing behind closed doors with Promotion, Playoffs and Relegation or PPG with Promotion, Playoffs and Relegation.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Looking good for us, my glass tonight will be full, half empty, half full, refilled, half empty , refilled ... repeat until sweet dreams of promotion!! :scarf:

If current 'promotion' position confirms promotion, why shouldn't the teams at the bottom be relegated?? :think:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
A side point but I love that the top 3 are quite simply the 3 best footballing sides - it doesn't always happen at this level. Proves that with the right set up - which we have, Swindon have & Crewe have - an attractive, modern brand can and does work outside of the Premier League/Championship.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
xmastree":3uf8eewf said:
jespafc":3uf8eewf said:
rsp4":3uf8eewf said:
jespafc":3uf8eewf said:
Does this in some small way make up for that 'goal' Scunny scored against us last season?

No but it does make up a little for that debacle at Stanley overseen by the previous management.If we do get promoted

Makes no sense, but thanks.

Scunthorpe's goal utterly irrelevant - we won that game. Accrington debacle got us relegated.
I don’t agree. We had the momentum to score enough goals to have had a better goal difference than Wimbledon.

Mar 1, 2008
HC Green":6m7toi0m said:
There is a possibility although quite slim that if League 1 clubs get awkward and can’t agree on an outcome then League 1 is declared null and void with no promotion or relegation to it or from it. This still leaves the possibility of promotion and relegation between the Premier League and the Championship which I suspect is all the powers that be and the media really care about.

That's my concern too. Given how 'sympathetic' the Peterborough chairman appears to be.