Season ticket renewal | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket renewal

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
I agree with that. Whatever division we end up in Adams will still be here and it will be another season of rubbish I'm afraid I won't be renewing either

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Every new season brings a new set of challenges, regardless of what division you are in. Take Torquay for example, they’re celebrating a championship, even though they are in the sixth tier of the football pyramid. For that reason I’ve renewed my ticket and will continue to do so.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Renewed on the first morning, what`s the alternative? subscribe to sky and watch all the mercenaries, managed by a foreign manager, owned by a sheikh or oligarch. I`m an Argyle supporter come what may, next season will be better than the garbage served up by Mr Adams this season - won`t it? :think:

May 16, 2016
I think most Seasons there's one or two public announcements of non renewal, usually followed by a quiet last minute Early Bird take up.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
up_the_line":2nhmtfy4 said:
dazzy3000":2nhmtfy4 said:
Phil50006":2nhmtfy4 said:
I decided months ago that after 42 seasons of supporting Argyle through thick and thin i am calling it a day.

Find these posts amusing. Over the last ten years we’ve seen some of the bleakest times in our history and spent a fair chunk of it in the bottom division, yet THIS season has made you want to give up after 42 years?

Well it's the same for me. I'm very much picking and choosing games. I've seen far worse teams but I'm honestly completely alienated by the manager. Not only is his football cr4p but he's:
A. A complete hypocrite who lashes out at supporters, calling them yobs or armchair supporters if they dare question him. This from a man who has a history of yobbish behaviour as a manager, touchline bans, winding up the opposition and smacking his own players around
B. An self-agrandising egotist who will blame anything or anyone other than himself (including moss) and who recently has started chucking his own players under the bus as we slide down the table. Culminating in a smarmy, grinning spotlight interview which showed he really has no concerns if we go down or not (sacking means pay off and a new job won't be hard to get)
C. Served up a national humiliation at Wembley. Presumably his fans are looking forward to him defend for 70 minutes in a league 2 playoff final again sometime.
D. Has managed to get his mitts on almost every aspect of the day to day running of the club, like his own play thing and dispensing or isolating anyone but the most subservient yes men

So yes, it might not be the worst team Argyle has ever fielded but for more than just me the manager is a key factor in not really being that bothered about going and adding our support to essentially the Derek Adams Show
For some reason, you’ve hated him virtually from day 1 and wanted him out 5 minutes after we lost at Wembley. Hopefully, you will lose interest completely in PAFC and give us all a rest from your constant moaning.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Hopefully you'll start realising where the club are under Adams and actually start having their best interests at heart rather than constantly supporting Adams over the club. I mean do you even support Argyle cos you seem to be more than happy with them slumping under Adams... Sure you're not really a chino?
I imagine my interest in Argyle will be back at 100% once the person you obviously think is more important than Argyle has left. Unlike you I actually think Argyle can do a lot better... Perhaps I have far more belief in the club than you since you're clearly petrified about Adams not being in complete control of everything that happens there.
You do know that blindly hero worshipping Adams doesn't make you some sort of super fan?

May 16, 2016
I'd rather Adams left but I also believe if I keep saying it's going to rain tomorrow, eventually I'll be proven right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'll be renewing, I'm an Argyle fan.

I wish I wasn't but I am, I can't help it.

League 1 or League 2, I'll watch my team play in green for the 53rd season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not unfailing it's more of a case of 'they may be ugly, but they're ours'. :greensmile:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I've renewed today.

I was a ST holder before DA, Brent etc and will be long after.

Great season or poor season I've seen it all and will probably see it over and over again for the next 60 or so years I have ahead of me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
up_the_line":170vq5qk said:
Hopefully you'll start realising where the club are under Adams and actually start having their best interests at heart rather than constantly supporting Adams over the club. I mean do you even support Argyle cos you seem to be more than happy with them slumping under Adams... Sure you're not really a chino?
I imagine my interest in Argyle will be back at 100% once the person you obviously think is more important than Argyle has left. Unlike you I actually think Argyle can do a lot better... Perhaps I have far more belief in the club than you since you're clearly petrified about Adams not being in complete control of everything that happens there.
You do know that blindly hero worshipping Adams doesn't make you some sort of super fan?
I’ve been supporting Argyle since 1956 and I have always supported whatever manager has been in post. I can’t recall any manager, whatever I thought of his ability to manage, who I hated. I prefer a manager who appears to be 100% committed to the club unlike John Sheridan, for example, who I knew was not committed to the long haul.
When Simon Hallett and the Board decide that DA’s time is up I
will respect their decision and support whoever becomes our next manager.
I find it very difficult to understand ‘supporters’ who make it clear that they hate a manager unless they have met him personally and he has said or done something to cause that hatred.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":1cwa3bt2 said:
I’ve been supporting Argyle since 1956 and I have always supported whatever manager has been in post. I can’t recall any manager, whatever I thought of his ability to manage, who I hated. I prefer a manager who appears to be 100% committed to the club unlike John Sheridan, for example, who I knew was not committed to the long haul.
When Simon Hallett and the Board decide that DA’s time is up I
will respect their decision and support whoever becomes our next manager.
I find it very difficult to understand ‘supporters’ who make it clear that they hate a manager unless they have met him personally and he has said or done something to cause that hatred.

:clap:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Willis88":1z69vgy3 said:
I've renewed today.

I was a ST holder before DA, Brent etc and will be long after.

Great season or poor season I've seen it all and will probably see it over and over again for the next 60 or so years I have ahead of me.
Likewise, other than the fact I won't have 60 years. :)