Season ticket renewal | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket renewal

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I too will be renewing because I support Argyle and I no longer have any control over that so I just have to keep going. It will be a huge disappointment if we're relegated but of course I'll still be watching us in L2. I don't like DA or his style of football. If we get relegated, will he leave one way or another? What does everyone think?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1m81ka5z said:
davie nine":1m81ka5z said:
I’ve been supporting Argyle since 1956 and I have always supported whatever manager has been in post. I can’t recall any manager, whatever I thought of his ability to manage, who I hated. I prefer a manager who appears to be 100% committed to the club unlike John Sheridan, for example, who I knew was not committed to the long haul.
When Simon Hallett and the Board decide that DA’s time is up I
will respect their decision and support whoever becomes our next manager.
I find it very difficult to understand ‘supporters’ who make it clear that they hate a manager unless they have met him personally and he has said or done something to cause that hatred.

:clap:

So in your world its impossible to support a football club but think that either a manager or a player is totally inappropriate or the wrong fit???!!! You just go on supporting them just because they are the manager at that time? No matter how bad the results you've never ever been anything other than fully 100% behind the manager? (apart from John Sheridan who you 'knew' was not in it for the long haul: presumably he told you this over a coffee in his office).
Seems a strange way to support a football club: support the manager even if he's totally out of his depth and holding the club back. Seems a bit counterintuitive. If you really support Argyle presumably you want the best manager they could possibly employ rather than labour on witb someone taking the club nowhere just because he is the manager.
Once again since you are such a great supporter of managers I also assume that when Adams is replaced you'll be sticking to your promise to be 100% behind the new man...including if it was Gareth Ainsworth for example.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Yes!! He would deserve to be given a chance. I don’t hate him for the way that he manages Wycombe and I wouldn’t hate him if he managed Argyle.

I would be very surprised if it happened, though and I don’t think I could tolerate Joey Barton or Steve Evans but I don’t believe that our Board would consider them because they have indicated that the reasons that they are supporting Derek Adams is because he is honest, loyal and truthful.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davie nine":ics2423v said:
Yes!! He would deserve to be given a chance. I don’t hate him for the way that he manages Wycombe and I wouldn’t hate him if he managed Argyle.

I would be very surprised if it happened, though and I don’t think I could tolerate Joey Barton or Steve Evans but I don’t believe that our Board would consider them because they have indicated that the reasons that they are supporting Derek Adams is because he is honest, loyal and truthful.

So you wouldn't tolerate Joey Barton or Steve Evans so actually you wouldnt just support any man Argyle appointed so I'm not sure why you said you would support 'whoever' became our manager just one post ago?!
Presumably you wouldn't support Barton or Evans because of their chequered history and yet you begrudge me not fully supporting a man whose managerial past includes numerous touchline bans and apparently smacking one of his own players around at Ross County.
If you are allowed to form opinions on potential managers based on their previous misdemeanours then can you explain why I'm not allowed to do the same regarding Adams?
I look forward to you now telling me that that's not as bad as Evans or Barton or that it's all in the past or that everyone can change (in which case why not support a reformed Barton or Evans if they were appointed?).
At least be consistent if you're going to continue picking me up: you are allowed to dislike possible managers and it's perfectly reasonable that you would withdraw your support for the club because of their previous wrongdoings (i.e. Barton or Evans) whilst I am not entitled to dislike our current manager based on his (or indeed his conduct since joining the club or indeed his tactics or in fact anything about him).
As for saying Adams is honest loyal and truthful well that's just like, your opinion man. I mean I don't find his post match analysis or refusal to take any personal responsibility for defeats to be anywhere close to honest or truthful although I'm sure his loyalty would be totally without question if a championship club requested his services in preseason....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
First, I can honestly say that I haven’t heard about him ‘smacking one of his players around at Ross County’.

I have actually spoken very briefly to Simon Hallett and I would be amazed if he sanctioned the appointment of either a ‘reformed’ Barton or Evans.

Anyhow, you know where I stand and I know where you stand and I will resolve not to respond to your horrible, nasty posts in future.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davie nine":21aijraq said:
First, I can honestly say that I haven’t heard about him ‘smacking one of his players around at Ross County’.

I have actually spoken very briefly to Simon Hallett and I would be amazed if he sanctioned the appointment of either a ‘reformed’ Barton or Evans.

Anyhow, you know where I stand and I know where you stand and I will resolve not to respond to your horrible, nasty posts in future.

Horrible and nasty like yours advising people you hope they stop going (because they don't agree with you that the manager is wonderful)? Or horrible and nasty pointing out the discrepancies in your posts? (I'd support any manager Argyle employ. Actually I wouldn't. But you should support Adams).

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archiv ... of-county/

Here's a piece about your honest, truthful, loyal (but a bit punchy) man. Every club has it's yobs eh?

Fwiw I hope Argyle stay up, but that Adams does get offered employment elsewhere so the club can appoint someone fresh to take them forward.

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":1aojvtrs said:
davie nine":1aojvtrs said:

Horrible and nasty like yours advising people you hope they stop going (because they don't agree with you that the manager is wonderful)? Or horrible and nasty pointing out the discrepancies in your posts? (I'd support any manager Argyle employ. Actually I wouldn't. But you should support Adams).

Here's a piece about your honest, truthful, loyal (but a bit punchy) man. Every club has it's yobs eh?

Fwiw I hope Argyle stay up, but that Adams does get offered employment elsewhere so the club can appoint someone fresh to take them forward.

Absolutely shocking. The Sun report of that incident almost 10 1/2 Years ago, where the Player was so traumatised he didn't hand in a Transfer request and said he'd stay on and continue to Train nor did he want the Manager sacked.

It's ok, most of us get it. Simplified version is, youre not happy at our position, you don't like the Style of play, you'd expect us to be challenging for the Championship by now. Most importantly, you don't like Derek Adams the Man. You've stopped going so often and wont buy a Season Ticket.

You're probably not alone in most of that if that brings some comfort.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Guiri Green":15qn896g said:
up_the_line":15qn896g said:
davie nine":15qn896g said:

Absolutely shocking. The Sun report of that incident almost 10 1/2 Years ago, where the Player was so traumatised he didn't hand in a Transfer request and said he'd stay on and continue to Train nor did he want the Manager sacked.

It's ok, most of us get it. Simplified version is, youre not happy at our position, you don't like the Style of play, you'd expect us to be challenging for the Championship by now. Most importantly, you don't like Derek Adams the Man. You've stopped going so often and wont buy a Season Ticket.

Another one erroneously or disingenuously implying anyone not happy at staring relegation in the face thinks we should 'be challenging to be in the championship by now'.
Why do you people do this? Exaggeration for effect? As many others have said, they don't 'expect us to be in the championship by now' but there's a few shades of grey between that and being in a relegation battle. But it suits you to paint anyone disappointed by being 19th in league one as some sort of rabid fantasist who thinks Argyle should have won the league, fa cup and scored 150 this season. Whereas the truth is we simply don't expect to be staring relegation in the face.
Thank you on one point however for saying I'm not alone in having issues with Adams' persona and conduct. You'd have thought I was the only person who has raised this the way DN emerges every time I post.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I would be more impressed with the critics of UPL if they adopted a pragmatic approach to Mr Adams and his conduct at this club and previously, however being dogmatic weakens their response. Sometimes I agree with UPL and sometimes not, but the posters who attempt to proselytize all posters/readers That Mr Adams can do no wrong and that to support PAFC we must unconditionally back him, frankly leave me cold.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
UTL is withdrawing his support of Argyle because of the manager, others will continue their support of their club despite the manager. Simple really.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Most people have a go at UTL because he has an almost evangelical feeling to him Derek. It's as if he feels the need to walk around the streets of Plymouth with a plaque that says 'Adams Out'.

There are many many of us who don't like the football we've watched under his tenure, but can't he (UTL) cool it down a bit? He's a tad OTT with his hatred of the man isn't he?

It's all a bit strange if you ask me (which no one has by the way).

I felt it was a bad sign when DA reduced the dimensions of the pitch, I said so at the time. But he is our manager, and let's hope all of the fans that attend today get behind everyone and we get three points. If we do, the angst will die down quite a bit, if we lose, I fully expect UTL and his crew to give it billy big beans on here, which tends to smack of 'I told you so'.

That's my thoughts and opinions on the subject of our angry little man (UTL that is, not DA).

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I've renewed my season ticket. Do I like the style of football we play ? The answer is no, but Argyle are my team and as always I will follow them through thick and thin. Being a Janner, who else could I support ?

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":2qmgvrbl said:
Guiri Green":2qmgvrbl said:
up_the_line":2qmgvrbl said:
davie nine":2qmgvrbl said:

Another one erroneously or disingenuously implying anyone not happy at staring relegation in the face thinks we should 'be challenging to be in the championship by now'.
Why do you people do this? Exaggeration for effect? As many others have said, they don't 'expect us to be in the championship by now' but there's a few shades of grey between that and being in a relegation battle. But it suits you to paint anyone disappointed by being 19th in league one as some sort of rabid fantasist who thinks Argyle should have won the league, fa cup and scored 150 this season. Whereas the truth is we simply don't expect to be staring relegation in the face.
Thank you on one point however for saying I'm not alone in having issues with Adams' persona and conduct. You'd have thought I was the only person who has raised this the way DN emerges every time I post.

It's ok, most of us get it. Simplified version is, youre not happy at our position, you don't like the Style of play, you'd be happier if we were at least, an established L1 Club with the chance of challenging for promotion to the Championship by now. Most importantly, you don't like Derek Adams the Man. You've stopped going so often and wont buy a Season Ticket. 

May 1, 2011
davie nine":2cm7orbc said:

I'd have Steve Evans over Adams.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Leo's Grandad":1uigevpf said:
I've renewed my season ticket. Do I like the style of football we play ? The answer is no, but Argyle are my team and as always I will follow them through thick and thin. Being a Janner, who else could I support ?

Green bits: I agree. I have renewed my ST, why? Because I'm a supporter of 54+ years. (tbh it helps that I now pay only £299!!)

Red bits: No!! This is what they thrive on!! Keep the Manager, keep those players, keep those tactics!! These are Janners, they'll come anyway, whatever we do. Where else will they go? We've got them by the sphericals!! The 'Management' of the Club should not take us for granted!! :furious: