Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16 | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season's suspended *Update* - possible training May 16

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
themightykeithfear":j3weagby said:
Dreamgreen":j3weagby said:
mervyn":j3weagby said:
demportdave":j3weagby said:
Old Gunner":j3weagby said:
Kersie":j3weagby said:
Unless he has a large crystal ball,a lot of it is guess work.....We all hope what he says isn’t true.

Or he has access to scientists with considerable experience of battling epidemics globally and a wealth of historic information. I think I might just trust him on this one.
I think there is an understandable element of scepticism over the information we are being given because the views of different people have been contradictory throughout this crisis, particularly from the Politicians.

At times, it has felt as if they are making it up as they go, with the usual liberal use of statistics and BS to cover their shortcomings, such as the claim a couple of weeks back of the intention to carry out 100,000 tests per day, something which we are still nowhere near achieving.

If we are being led and advised by “scientists with considerable experience of battling epidemics globally and a wealth of historic information”, how come we were so totally unprepared when they could see what was happening in China and elsewhere?

We never even had the ability to provide basic protection or testing for the most important people in all of this, our Health workers. Also, for the first couple weeks, social distancing was optional, not mandatory as it is now.

I think Chris Whitty is basically a good guy and someone who really is an expert. However, whilst I understand why he wants to dial down people’s expectations for when the restrictions will be lifted, I think his comments today were somewhat vague and lacking in specific detail and so will be interpreted differently, as we can see from the responses on this forum.

Your comment regarding politicians lies, I think, at the nub of the problem. Experience tells us that probably the worst people to manage anything are politicians. With honourable exceptions like Jeremy Hunt and Keir Starmer, who managed large organisations before their political life, many of most cabinets in all parties have little previous management experience, moving from university to political aide, then constituency MP before their big promotion. When they start failing, too often they obfuscate, avoid truths, and somehow think we don’t notice. Result? Lack of confidence in our elected leaders. Problem is, if we want to live in a democracy, it’s hard to think of an alternative.

Keir Starmer ???? :wtf: This is the man who after 4 to 5 years couldn't make up his mind about Brexit ! Imagine how he may have dealt with a crisis which came (basically) from nowhere ! On balance I would rather not imagine it.

Nice try. Starmer has always said (and known) that Brexit is the most destructive act of self harm in political history benefiting no-one except billionaires shorting the pound, and damaging millions of lives. He’s been utterly consistent in saying and knowing that for years. It was Johnson who wrote 2 articles on the eve of the referendum one pro Eu and one anti and tossed a coin to decide which way to go.
Starmer is a serious honest intelligent person who has a history of doing things for other people, often without being paid. Compare to Johnson a narcissistic self centred mistrustful coward, a compulsive liar who’s only ever done anything for his own benefit. And that’s not an opinion that’s a an empirical description of his life. The fact is that in terms of deaths and the economy us and the US will finish top of the tables because we’re run by clowns unfit to run a raffle.
Back to football the John Nicholson article is possible but the worst of all outcomes , no-one really can say with any confidence how it will turn out. Bundesliga back on 9 May.

Didn’t see Johnson's name mentioned until you came out with this potentially libellous rant.
Too much mass debating going on I think.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’d imagine he’d die of boredom first MKF, having to read some of your rants. You’re too willing to jump on your soap box for my liking. Any chance of a mass debate, you’re a handy bloke to have about.

Oh, by the way I personally have nothing against Keir Starmer, but not sure how his man of principle credentials square with resigning in protest at Corbyn's pathetic lack of leadership, only to return to the shadow cabinet in the blink of an eye.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
mervyn":f1x7k2gw said:
djg145":f1x7k2gw said:
Sorry I thought this was a FOOTBALL FORUM, my apologies.

You clearly don’t understand what pasoti is all about dig145. It’s a conversation. Sometimes conversations veer off topic. Quite normal.

Nope - We're strict about non politics. Problem is this thread is so long it's a bugger to split.

Any further political stuff on this thread will simply be deleted.

:thumbup:

IJN":xu1qb089 said:
mervyn":xu1qb089 said:
djg145":xu1qb089 said:

You clearly don’t understand what pasoti is all about dig145. It’s a conversation. Sometimes conversations veer off topic. Quite normal.

Nope - We're strict about non politics. Problem is this thread is so long it's a bugger to split.

Mar 29, 2020
Too late I’ve got one what have Plymouth Argyle,Exeter City and Torquay United all got in common...???

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":1mu9ghak said:
mervyn":1mu9ghak said:
djg145":1mu9ghak said:

Just this thread? :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As I explained this one is bleddy long. Normally it's easier to split. Sod doing this thread.

Mar 29, 2020
It’s not that tough I will give you a clue....it’s were they all play there home games... quickest finger 1st....winner wins a season ticket for life :whistle:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Yorkshire Post somehow has an exclusive that fans 'could' return to stadiums on 1st October. Link